RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Listening to Beane's presser...Kincaid was the only player on their board left in the first round.  They knew Dallas wanted him and had they not been able to jump Dallas, they would have traded back.  Kincaid is a player they don't currently have on their offense.  He will create matchup nightmares and can dictate coverage.  They didn't draft him to be a blocking TE.  This is a great pick!

He also said they talked to Joe Schoen about possibly trading with them.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

Not big on it. He pretty much the same player as Knox. This pick could end Beane / McDermott 

I’m all for people feeling skeptical but he objectively isn’t even remotely close to the same type of player as Knox lol 

kincaid excels at finding space underneath which is an area where Dawson Knox struggles and he has ridiculous hands.  Knox is more of a combo tight end that can stretch the field some.  They complement eachother pretty much perfectly if you’re gonna run two TE sets…I think Kincaid will play a lot of slot wr though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

Just now, Bills Bud said:

They the sake exact size and skill set

Knox has been among the league leaders in drop % almost every year in the NFL and was a poor route runner in college. Kincaid has some of the best hands I’ve ever seen in a TE and is a very good route runner. Their skill sets are almost nothing alike. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

but I’ll keep stressing that Knox is paid like Zay Jones, not like a big time pass catcher. The number feels big but it’s tweener dollars for tweener play. Good not great in the passing game. Solid but not crushing blocker. and paid like an ok blocker or catcher 

Understood. This is the first time I remember in a long time that the Bills could have legit pass catching threat at the TE position. Metzelaars was a long time back.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Personnel is 12 but it’s really 11 with a TE like Kincaid.

They needed a TE who could play all the WR positions to run it. They found him.

It makes me sick that people out there, not happy with this pick... I like Knox! i really do! but this will be a TRUE #1 TE

We been waiting for an elite TE for so long..

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

He also said they talked to Joe Schoen about possibly trading with them.

Yes and Giants said they were moving up.  Also they did not have first round grades on all the WRs taken...though Beane would not specify who.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Listening to Beane's presser...Kincaid was the only player on their board left in the first round.  They knew Dallas wanted him and had they not been able to jump Dallas, they would have traded back.  Kincaid is a player they don't currently have on their offense.  He will create matchup nightmares and can dictate coverage.  They didn't draft him to be a blocking TE.  This is a great pick!

He says that every year about the board. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

To all those screaming why we got a TE2 when we barely use Knox? Kincaid brings alot Knox doesn't, Kincaid is an excellent route runner and lines up all over the feild, and he finds space (the reason kelce is so successful). Knox is an absolute athletic freak that can stay at TE and polish his raw game. Bills got a possible elite weapon for josh allen that doesnt JUST play TE2.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I like the player. I don't like the player for Buffalo due to what we saw from Dorsey last year. Less than confident he will be used to his full potential.  Spending what we are already for Knox and now a 1st round pick is a major investment in a position we haven't seen as a priority position in the offense. Like I said, like the player...just unsure about the usage here.

Very willing to wait and see what changes are made to the offense to accommodate such a talented player before I can know if I like the pick. Hopefully, Dorsey has a solid plan in place.

Dorsey had Knox open a lot. Josh for whatever reason missed him 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

I wasn't expecting TE. Let's hope Dorsey and Allen embrace using two TE's. Could be really scarry if they do.

He will likely be flexed out in the slot so think of him as a bigger Beasley. Bills wanted a player to help in the middle of the field, they just chose to do it differently than most thought.

Can't understand how someone could complain about a guy that could become our version of Kelce or Mark Andrews.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

Kincaid won't be replacing these guys.  He'll be replacing Crowder and McKenzie (and a quarter of a season of Beasley).

The Bills mid level passing game was terrible last season. Kincaid helps fix this.

I know that. But Kincaid is probably and arguably the best hands on this team. Only one likely better is Diggs 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

It makes me sick that people out there, not happy with this pick... I like Knox! i really do! but this will be a TRUE #1 TE

We been waiting for an elite TE for so long..

It makes me confused that people are upset we didn’t get a big target wr but we essentially did get a big target wr and they’re complaining about the pick 😂

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

Dorsey had Knox open a lot. Josh for whatever reason missed him 

What I meant by that was more of Dorsey's usage of 2 TE sets. Understand that our #2 TE last year was Morris and that may have dictated the rational for less of those sets.  I'm very interested to see what Dorsey has in mind. Based on last year as it's all we have to go by I am skeptical....however open minded to see how the offense evolves as opposed to slamming Dorsey or the pick at this time. 

42 minutes ago, Mango said:

For the millionth time. Dawson Knox runs as many routes as any TE in the league not named Kelce. 

We keep grabbing receiving RB and TE’s and refuse to throw them the ball. They’re running routes. 

Get a grip. The guy is a big tall slot weapon with the best hands in the draft.  He’s a slot guy with the opposite body type of Beasley. He will contribute immediately. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It makes me confused that people are upset we didn’t get a big target wr but we essentially did get a big target wr and they’re complaining about the pick 😂

Again... I love Knox.. I really do... But this guy is at another level and may be #1 week 1. What some do not understand is, the things you can do with Knox and Kincaid on the field at the same time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Yes and Giants said they were moving up.  Also they did not have first round grades on all the WRs taken...though Beane would not specify who.

Dallas draft room looked like they got blind-sided.  The only way the Bills were able to pull this off is because they knew the Giants were trading with the Jags.  Dallas probably didn’t even get chance to call Jax before trade was in.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.