RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

11 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Screwing the Dolphins/Jets/Patriots.

Jets and patriots seem to be screwing themselves potentially lol. Someone like josh Allen or mahomes can overcome a shoddy offensive line but I don’t think pushing 40 years old aaron rodgers has got the juice…they’re not really loaded up on offensive skill position talent either.  Aarons pretty much in the same situation on the offensive side that he was in the first half of the season with gb last year before they got their OL sorted.  Better defense but also more competitive teams to deal with. 

really weird first pick for the jets 

Pats made a pretty good pick but clearly the Steelers saw something with Gonzalez that they didn’t like so I guess we’re gonna see who’s right. They’re still playing catch-up from a dreadful round 1 last year though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

22 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Stop it. He might be a good player someday, but Travis Kelce is the greatest TE of all-time and he's bigger, stronger and faster than this kid by a good bit.

a 6'3" TE doesn't instill fear into anyone. Ask Knox.

Yes, Kelce was viewed as such a great prospect he lasted until the 3rd round...

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

No not at all. Dorsey played in a 12 personnel system in college. Knox will be the in line  Y TE now which makes sense because he’s a better blocker and Kincaid will be used in a lot of different ways. Inline(not a lot), in the slot, as an Hback and he’s an athletic nightmare for teams. 

The Bills now can dictate to teams how they’re prepared for. The Bills were an easy study because they ran 11 personnel the highest in the league. Now it forces teams to prep for more packages which isn’t easy when you have Josh Allen at QB. 

The Bills already stretch teams vertically as we all know but what this also helps is now it allows to stretch defenses horizontally and vertically and that makes them very very hard to defend. It’s why I love 12 personnel in general and this pick. 

ok i think thats why im hesitant. we seemed locked into 11 and never seemed to get creative and by the halfway point we stalled out and had to bring back beasley just because dorsey needed a specific slot guy and could not get creative with pretty talented roster.

im still down on dorsey. we seemed really excited for gilliams athleticism. not on the field much. both our our rb pass catch ability. rare. knox upside enough to give a nice contract. spotty production. invisible in games. im a huge fan of shakir and dorsey issues getting him involved.

dorsey seemed to just go 4 guys in very specific roles, besides digs in slot because hes a athletic freak. so the rich getting richer when you cant use what you got has me skeptical. that and this teams absolute refusal to play rookies in the first place. now we get one in a position we are not weak. it really makes me nervous. 

i hope it works out the way you say instead of how it has actually been but thanks for the insight. i really think we should trade knox as much as that pains me. i just dont think his production will be worth the hefty contract now. hope im wrong but thanks for the info and optimism. i need it lol

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

They drafted Dawson Knox again basically 

No. They drafted a bigger version of Beasley who will win on Kelce like choice routes instead of Beasley like choice routes.

Oh...and Kincaid is an elite top 10 player in his draft class... Knox is not.

Edited by Big Turk

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm glad he's telling opposing defenses our gameplan so far ahead of time, I'm sure there's no chance we'll deviate from this at all.

Oh, yes!  I’m sure knowing how we see  using our new rook is going to be a disaster.  I guess we would have only run one play in that formation the whole season and then done something different for every other play after that, right?  And now it’s totally blown. Don’t tell them about the All22 either.  😂 

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I liked Mayer better. But hey, i’ll be a huge Kincaid fan now for sure. 

Mayer is more the prototype. bigger guy, probably not quite as fast.  I guess if the Bills are looking for the next Kelce, this guy has a better chance than Mayer.

Mayer is a much better blocker but athletically a little more limited and Kincaid has better hands. Knox was strictly an in-line blocker in college and can break out for some big plays and get open in the endzone. Knox will be the Y, take advantage of mismatches and get his catches while Kincaid will be the F (as per Beane on McAfee). What is F? F is a move tight end. Here's an article about it for those of you unfamiliar. F is basically a large slot receiver who gets moved around the field to create mismatches. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/39454/what-is-the-f

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

ok i think thats why im hesitant. we seemed locked into 11 and never seemed to get creative and by the halfway point we stalled out and had to bring back beasley just because dorsey needed a specific slot guy and could not get creative with pretty talented roster.

im still down on dorsey. we seemed really excited for gilliams athleticism. not on the field much. both our our rb pass catch ability. rare. knox upside enough to give a nice contract. spotty production. invisible in games. im a huge fan of shakir and dorsey issues getting him involved.

dorsey seemed to just go 4 guys in very specific roles, besides digs in slot because hes a athletic freak. so the rich getting richer when you cant use what you got has me skeptical. that and this teams absolute refusal to play rookies in the first place. now we get one in a position we are not weak. it really makes me nervous. 

i hope it works out the way you say instead of how it has actually been but thanks for the insight. i really think we should trade knox as much as that pains me. i just dont think his production will be worth the hefty contract now. hope im wrong. 

I like the pick, and am also skeptical of Dorsey's ability. If (and it's a big if) we can get good OLine play, Dorsey has to figure it out.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Jumping Dallas. Jerry Jones sad. Bills offense much more dangerous. Definitely worth it.

And just because I'm sure no one has noticed. Yawning Frog hates the pick.

I said I liked the pick a lot! Just thinking the price is higher than I would have expected but I don’t know the trade values that well. 

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

College TDs:

Knox = 0

Kincaid = 16

I think he means who Knox is today…15 TDs the last 2 seasons.  Don’t get me wrong, that poster is still wrong.  Kincaid has a better receiving arsenal, Knox is more of a complete TE (very good blocker)

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

Mayer is a much better blocker but athletically a little more limited and Kincaid has better hands. Knox was strictly an in-line blocker in college and can break out for some big plays and get open in the endzone. Knox will be the Y, take advantage of mismatches and get his catches while Kincaid will be the F (as per Beane on McAfee). What is F? F is a move tight end. Here's an article about it for those of you unfamiliar. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/39454/what-is-the-f

I think they can teach him to be an effective blocker. But if he becomes our Kelsey, I’m ok with those limitations. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

They drafted Dawson Knox again basically 

They are nowhere near the same type of player before even having to get into a talent discussion lol and even if they did just draft a better Dawson Knox…so what?  We were a mess in the red zone and on 3rd/4th and shorts all year last year. 

I don’t think a 5’9” wr is anything close to what we needed. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Some PFF Grades for Kincaid

Enjoy

Receiving grade 91.8 Yea... WOW

Drop Rate 2.8

Contested 50%   Kind of like D'Hop huh?

Yards per round Run 2.42  Top End

Now for some more candy. 

Deep Yards 6th

Contested 7th

Miss Tackles Forced 3rd

4 games 86.9 or better

PROS

He looks like a receiver who just so happens to be tight-end-sized. Very easy mover.

Attacks the ball in traffic the way you wish everyone would. The ball is his.

He is a very willing blocker despite his size. Gets after it.

CONS

Still doesn't have ideal tight end size. Would be one of the league's smallest starters.

Not an elite athlete by any means despite being undersized. **** they said same garbage about Kittle and Kelce... 

Older prospect. Will turn 24 years old as a rookie. *** the only thing i hate. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Agreed, that pretty much sums it up for me as well, then trading up to get him and losing a 4th makes even less sense.  

I see him getting 4-500 yards and a few TDs, not what Beane needs to keep his job IMO.  I don't see it moving the needle this season, and on top of that, he only posted a handful of good games, all against crap defenses while being a couple of years older than everyone else on the field. 

400-500 yards is being very generous.  Knox past 2 seasons he posted 587 and 517 yard totals.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They are nowhere near the same type of player before even having to get into a talent discussion lol and even if they did just draft a better Dawson Knox…so what?  We were a mess in the red zone and on 3rd/4th and shorts all year last year. 

I don’t think a 5’9” wr is anything close to what we needed. 

We’ve got a bunch of them already!  I like the ones we have. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Sigh 

Give it a rest dude. Dalton Kincaid was universally ranked the Top TE in the Draft and was the highest rated player on the board for both NFL Network and ESPN at the time of the pick.

Mayer wasn't even picked in the 1st Round or by Dallas that was eyeing TE's hard and clearly had Kincaid on their mind.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

400-500 yards is being very generous.  Knox past 2 seasons he posted 587 and 517 yard totals.  

We need to quit looking at him as a TE, Beane said hes a receiver first playing the F position, which is more out wide dont be surprised if he gets more yards and TDs than Knox.

• Agree 1

Eerie Kincaid - Kelce Comparisons

Born:October 1999/1989

Drafted: 2023/2013

High School Basketball Stars

Jersey #: 86/87

Hair: Mullet / Brother Rocks One

Hands: Amazing Hands

Hand Size: 10-1/4” / 9-5/8”

Creative Routes

High Football IQs

Great Style

Swagger

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.