Contested 50%   Kind of like D'Hop huh?

Yards per round Run 2.42  Top End

Now for some more candy. 

Deep Yards 6th

Contested 7th

Miss Tackles Forced 3rd

4 games 86.9 or better

PROS

He looks like a receiver who just so happens to be tight-end-sized. Very easy mover.

Attacks the ball in traffic the way you wish everyone would. The ball is his.

He is a very willing blocker despite his size. Gets after it.

CONS

Still doesn't have ideal tight end size. Would be one of the league's smallest starters.

Not an elite athlete by any means despite being undersized. **** they said same garbage about Kittle and Kelce... 

Older prospect. Will turn 24 years old as a rookie. *** the only thing i hate. 

Not as concerned about his age than at some other positions.    Not uncommon to see TE's start NFL career a little later and even have HOF careers.    Gates was 23......Kelce 24.   An important part of being a TE is learning how to keep yourself healthy.   A little maturity helps in that regard, IMO.   I think we see some very young/dumb one's enter the league and get beat up and wash out fast.   

It's a swing for the fences.........he needs to become an 80-100 catch guy with some longevity for the pick to look really good.   Great tools to do that.   

Also.......this pick REALLY addresses the issue of too many ball-droppers and a lack of size that seems to impact the team in poor Buffalo weather.   Hard to utlize those small catch radius 5'9" targets when it's windy, rainy/snowy and/or cold.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey152 said:

11/12 Pats team with Gronk and Hernandez might have been the best team offense I’ve ever seen. Bill B has been chasing it ever since.  

if we can even get 70% of Gronk/Hernandez I would be happy. and if we can do all that without one turning into a caveman advertising for USAA and the other doesn't turn into a murderer I'm even happier.

• Like (+1) 1

He fixes SO MUCH. 

team will not be able to counter 12 personnel with Base Defense. Opens up running. No longer have Bobby Hart coming in because they stay in Base. Instead will counter with Nickel making Running out of 12 so much easier. Will fix the short yardage run game. 

I don’t think I have been happier about a specific pick in a long time. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Governor said:

It doesn’t make much sense to draft one at the tail end of our SB window with a possible new regime arriving in 1-2 years.

Did something happen to Josh Allen? .. because otherwise the Bills are no where near the end of their Super Bowl window

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, In Summary said:

IMO, Kincaid sees more snaps if our OL is better. If not, Knox plays the 1 TE sets for protection. 

I can see your point.  I also think there could be a lot of ways to use both together.  It's intriguing and I will have to YouTube a lot of

videos of how to use this type of combination TEs.

Need OL and MLB tomorrow IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Remember how awesome the last Utah player we drafted was supposed to be? Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

Dude, you could do that with every university. Every program has busts. also ZM was drafted later and not considered the best at his position. And yes, before you say anything, I remember you were right about Breece Hall.

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Remember how awesome the last Utah player we drafted was supposed to be? Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

yeah because that’s relevant. And how many ND washouts have their been in recent years? Couldn’t tell you because I lost count.

I'm willing to bet that most everyone that is complaining about the pick probably hasn't watched a single snap Kincaid has played in his career and are just down on the pick because of the position he's listed at.  And I get that, especially for those that were so locked in at WR being the pick no matter what.  But I encourage those people to take a step back and actually put the time in to watch some tape of the guy......not necessarily just highlight reels (although they are a fun watch), but actual full games.  He's a match-up nightmare.  Some of his most impactful plays are the plays he doesn't even get the ball.  He opens up things for other guys.  While he's not the best blocker, he's functional at it.  He's willing, but needs to add a bit of strength and refine his technique a bit.  But being willing to do it is half the battle.

What really stands out, again whether he gets the ball or not, is his route running and hands.  Look, I am not comparing him to Kelce just yet, but you know how frustrating it is to watch Kelce play in and play out seem to be wide open all the time?  Kincaid always seems to be open as well and offers much of that same frustration for opponents.  He has great hands and can hurt you at every level of the field.  He'll snap off the curl routes.  He'll run the option routes.  He'll catch the ball off motion in the backfield.  Need someone to run the seam?  He'll do that too.  

A lot of the success he has this year will come down to how creative Dorsey can get with him.  Granted, I'm nervous that Dorsey might be in over his head a bit and may not have the required creativity, but we have to hope he can figure it out.  If I'm Dorsey, I'm running Chiefs tape constantly and transferring their usage of Kelce straight to our playbook.  Again, I am not saying he's Kelce, but we can hope for "Kelce light" and do a lot of similar things with him.  It will take some time.  TE is usually one of those positions that takes a while to translate to the NFL, but this guy plays smart and being that they won't be using him much inline and almost exclusively as a pass catcher should shorten the learning curve early on.

So, those of you that are upset.....take a breath.  Find some All-22 tape on him and actually watch him play.  I think you'll relax a bit. 

Finally.....just a quick add to this.  I have always been a firm believer that an easy way to have success in the NFL is to make sure you do something that nobody else is doing.  That way, when teams play you, they have to prepare for something that they don't see all the time and it may force them to do things on defense they don't normally do.  There aren't a lot of teams out there right now that can run 12 personnel with sustained success because they just don't have the weapons to do it.  Kincaid immediately comes in and becomes one of the best route running and catching TEs in the league.  While his overall game may take some time to translate, there will be packages we will be able to run in 12 with Knox that will create real difficult match-ups for defenses that they will have to adapt to in-game even though he won't be playing a majority of snaps.  That in itself will hopefully give us somewhat of an advantage this year, and even more of an advantage as he learns the NFL game over the next few years.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BruceVilanch said:

Dude, you could do that with every university. Every program has busts. also ZM was drafted later and not considered the best at his position. And yes, before you say anything, I remember you were right about Breece Hall.

And Woolen. Just like I’m going to be right about Mayer > Kincaid in the long run. 

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I wouldn’t expect Beane to know a good player if it was in front of him anyways outside of Allen. I’m on record saying Mayer > Kincaid , let’s revisit later. Just like with the Hall and Woolen picks looking good. 

Idk the full story here lol. Were you saying breece hall would be better than James cook last year  or something? James cook went off down the stretch last year I’d say the jury is still very much out on that one.  

those guys went 1-2 in the ypc metric funny enough 

4 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

if we can even get 70% of Gronk/Hernandez I would be happy. and if we can do all that without one turning into a caveman advertising for USAA and the other doesn't turn into a murderer I'm even happier.

That year they combined for 169 catches, 2237 yards and 24 TDS.

70% of that is like 120/1600/17…yeah I’d be happy with that

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk the full story here lol. Were you saying breece hall would be better than James cook last year  or something? James cook went off down the stretch last year I’d say the jury is still very much out on that one.  

those guys went 1-2 in the ypc metric funny enough 

I had Hall as 1A and Cook as 1B . I even said Cook was my consolation prize and knew he’d be ok, but not as good as Hall. 

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I was thinking more Zach Ertz.  I do know that McDermott and Beane witnessed firsthand what Olsen and Shockey could do to a defense in Newton's rookie year.  I'm bummed how the draft board fell but am glad we didn't go defense as it would've been really easy to stay there and take Mazi/Nolan Smith.

Ertz works for me. In addition to amazing hands, DK has mad ball skills. He adjusts and contorts and locates the ball really well. He also has great run after catch. He seems to have great instincts to run to daylight and heads there really quickly. And he breaks tackles as well. 

I had given up on them getting a tall and athletic wide receiver/ and or TE. I had assumed they would go for an in-line type Schoonmaker. And I liked him in the 3rd or 4th. But I was surprised when they went for DK. And glad. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Who cares who was right about what?

Dalton Kincaid's forthcoming success with the Bills has NOTHING to do with our fan analysis of his fit. 

well clearly someone cares very deeply that you and I and everyone knows he was right (so far) about a couple of guys and he’s definitely right again and Beane was wrong, again.

What's not to love. Vast majority wanted offense and they went and got the top TE on the board and I like this better than Hyatt. Maybe even Addison after that "give me money" statement or whatever. Knox and Kincaid is monstrous. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Bills Social Media team still undefeated

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Did anyone notice Kincaids hats behind him. He had GB, Dallas, LAC, and Cincinnati as his top 4 hats on the stack my guess is he was assuming one of those 4 were taking him. Guy I’m the back was shuffling quick to find that Bills hat

Good catch on which teams were in the stack. Those would all make sense. Wonder how big of a surprise it is.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

What's not to love. Vast majority wanted offense and they went and got the top TE on the board and I like this better than Hyatt. Maybe even Addison after that "give me money" statement or whatever. Knox and Kincaid is monstrous. 

agreed. he was one of the few blue chip players in this draft. bills were lucky he dropped as much as he did.

i absolutely love the pick

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

That's my issue with the pick. Seems like the Bills window of opportunity is as open now as it will ever be, so why not go with an immediate contributor?

watch his tape. he is polished

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not as concerned about his age than at some other positions.    Not uncommon to see TE's start NFL career a little later and even have HOF careers.    Gates was 23......Kelce 24.   An important part of being a TE is learning how to keep yourself healthy.   A little maturity helps in that regard, IMO.   I think we see some very young/dumb one's enter the league and get beat up and wash out fast.   

It's a swing for the fences.........he needs to become an 80-100 catch guy with some longevity for the pick to look really good.   Great tools to do that.   

Also.......this pick REALLY addresses the issue of too many ball-droppers and a lack of size that seems to impact the team in poor Buffalo weather.   Hard to utlize those small catch radius 5'9" targets when it's windy, rainy/snowy and/or cold.

But he's 23 that's 10 years older than Edmunds was when he left, after playing here for a few years 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I guess we wait and see. I mean after all, I let my picks speak for themselves. 

So a million and one other people, all more relevant and visible than you liked Breece Hall last year too as the top RB but you’re gonna go ahead and claim that as a dub huh? 

Again, peak delusion. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That's my issue with the pick. Seems like the Bills window of opportunity is as open now as it will ever be, so why not go with an immediate contributor?

This dude is a slot WR, he should be able to contribute pretty quickly in some form.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

And Woolen. Just like I’m going to be right about Mayer > Kincaid in the long run. 

Such a gross approach to uncertainty here: staking a claim early and sticking to it just because...yuck. There is no actual material award for being unwavering-ly correct ahead of time. 

Definitely no intellectual impression that matters. How we incorporate actual real-time information and calculate developing outcomes matters more than any initial conclusions reached...

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I had Hall as 1A and Cook as 1B . I even said Cook was my consolation prize and knew he’d be ok, but not as good as Hall. 

a bit of a different scenario there though…breece hall was gone for like 30 picks when the bills picked cook and he certainly hasn’t outperformed cook so far so it was not worthy of a trade up by any means at this way too early point to be evaluating lol 

not to mention you were with consensus of the nfl gms and analysts on hall vs cook but you are against them in Kincaid vs Mayer so we’ll see 😁 very different situation 

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I 100% agree

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.