I didn't get to get the entire experience that I wanted because my trip was delayed due to an elderly gentleman turning in front of me and totaling my car on the way to the airport but that's neither here nor there.
- The people of Buffalo are some of the nicest people I have met in my life, everywhere I went I was met with warmth and high fives for making the trip out from Oregon to my first home game. I honestly didn't run into one person who wasn't genuinely nice. EVERYONE was excited for me to see my first home game (the only ahole I met on the whole trip was when I was connecting in Boston, shocker!)
- I got chills when I first pulled up to New Era, it felt like it had been waiting for me to make my pilgrimage! I didn't get to enjoy the entire tailgate experience but it felt like a college atmosphere and finally getting to be around fellow bills fans was truly a delight. There was a buzz in the air and the spirits were high! I can't tell you how amazing it is to be around you fellow fans, I have met exactly one other true bills fan in Oregon.
- I was seated in section 137 and the view was perfect, beautiful weather for football. It felt like I was drinking the nectar of the gods when I cracked my first Labatts! Everyone in my section was so excited I got to see my first home game and they treated me like I was one of their own, I went up to get another round for me and my dad and I was speaking with another fan in line and when he found out it was my first home game he bought me and my dad my next round (Thanks for the 14 dollar beers!)
- The energy in the stadium is electric! The chants, the songs, the brotherhood! I have been to numerous Oregon Duck home games and this is the only place I have ever been that matches and exceeds the energy at Autzen. I have been to San Fran, Oakland and Seattle and the fans there sit and can get into lulls during the game, not in Buffalo! I am so proud to be a fan of this team and so excited about the direction we are heading. I can't imagine being an opposing player and walking in their and trying to hear play calls. that stadium is LOUD! Speaking of the stadium, I like the old vintage vibe of it, I could give a crap about having the new tech at my seat, I am here to watch a game.
- The Uber pick up spot is a hike! At least I got some steps in to walk off the beer and food from the game! And if any of you on here are the ones who bought the Uber ride for me and my dad back to my hotel I sincerely thank you, again Buffalonians are some amazing people. I don't know how much of the city I got to see but what I did see was beautiful, nice downtown area!
- After the game and after the afternoon games we hit Duffs on Dick Ave. AMAZING wings, 20 wings fries and a giant pitcher of beer for 36 bucks is a great deal. I have never tasted wings this good, and again, showing the hospitality of your town a patron bought me and my dad another pitcher of beer, so we were good and hungover for our flight home the next morning at 0600. We are definitely making the trip again, we are planning on next years home opener and WHEN they get their first home playoff game I will be there!
I am sure I ran into some of you who post here, and from the bottom of my heart thank you, you guys made this trip amazing, I am proud to call you fellow fans, I can't wait to go back again. THANK YOU BUFFALO! GO Bills!