Dolphins @ Bills - 1st Half Game Thread

Simon

Could use Elam's speed back there. The zone isn't working. Benford and the safeties look slow. To be fair, the Dolphins are doing everything right. They came to play. Fortunately, so did the Bills offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

No answer. Not sure what to come up with really. Obviously the man to man with a blitzer is not working

The only other option is to drop more into coverage, but then that opens up the Dolphins running attack.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Toledo Bill said:

Where’s the defensive genius McD?

Hes been varying coverage, blitzing, dropping zones….i mean Tua hit a double covered RB down the sideline.

You can’t do anything about this except keep playing sound (which they are) and hope the Miami luck runs out at some point 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

That 3rd and 8 was just way too easy.

Rush 4, benford playing way off for some reason.

Just can’t have that when you have a chance to get off the field on 3rd and long

Benford had outside leverage. That was on the safety to come down quicker 

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Imagine an mvp qb that can’t make throws outside the numbers…what kind of world is this lol if any dolphin wins mvp it should be tyreek hill 

It all comes down to stats. No matter how they get them.

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I think it's more about Miami's offense being that good. Hard to blame McD. He's mixing it up trying a lot of things. 

Nah, I can’t absolve his coaching performance so far.   It’s still early though, but one… ONE.. third down forced and it was easily converted with a simple pitch and catch. 

Edited by SCBills

Look.....I am not there at practice.  I don't know what goes on or how players look.  But man, I really wish Elam was active today.  Right now, the defense has no answer with their original plan.  It would sure be nice to have an athletic press man corner to try an change things up a bit and try something else.  Not saying it would work, but it would be nice to have the option to try.

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

This defense is very sound but they just don’t have the top-shelf athletes to keep up with Miami’s speed. 

If Miami doesn’t make any mistakes, there’s almost nothing we can do to force them. 

that’s true. Two chances to get a pick and the fins get the high difficulty or unlikely catch.  

Just now, appoo said:

Hes been varying coverage, blitzing, dropping zones….i mean Tua hit a double covered RB down the sideline.

You can’t do anything about this except keep playing sound (which they are) and hope the Miami luck runs out at some point 

Three times we have taken away first reads there have been chances for us to make plays on the ball. Gotta start making them.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He’s fallen so far from when he started this gig 

Right. I used to like his commentary, which I found insightful and informed. Now, he either gushes or stumbles incoherently half the time.