Bills missed opportunity to ditch McD and sign genius Sean Payton

4merper4mer

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean if Offensive Coordinators were enshrined in Canton (not arguing they should be) Josh McDaniels would likely get in. Dick LeBeau is in I think, and while he was a Head Coach he is in for his DC work, but not sure any other coordinators are in?

Personally I wouldn't put Sean Payton in the HoF. He wasn't a true game changing innovator and I don't think his record as a HC justifies it. 

My man, he's going to the HoF.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would much rather have McD...but...for all the SP hate...the Broncos lead the NFL points per drive.  They only had 6 drives against Raiders though.  Their issue is their defense, not something SP is known for.  But offensively, they lead the NFL in scoring per drive despite their top WR Jeudy missing week 1 too.  So he has made an impact already on the offensive side of the ball there in Denver.  

I think there is an ocean between thoughts on this thread sometime. Payton is a good coach. More often than not you will do worse than him if you tried to replace him. I think McDermott is the same but different. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Well damn I have no idea. I dont get paid millions to comb through the NFL and NCAA to find a great offensive mind. 

Thats what GMs and their scouts are supposed to be doing right?

If I was getting that kinda money Im certain I would have found someone to replace McD after 13 seconds.

The rest of us are thankful you don’t make that kind of money and such decisions for the Bills. We also have no trouble understanding why. :)

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

The rest of us are thankful you don’t make that kind of money and such decisions for the Bills. We also have no trouble understanding why. :)

Yeah I dont think so. Youre talking to a 5 time fantasy football league winner.

This thing would be looking a lot better with me at the helm.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Or you just keep hiring from within and the overall philosophy of what you do on offense stays the same? 

Yes, we should. What a ridiculous question. 

Yeah, that makes perfect sense, surely there will never be a let down from one OC to another 🙄

You consider one coach an underachiever, yet the coach you have is worse, but of course you want to keep him.  I see how MY thinking is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Yeah, that makes perfect sense, surely there will never be a let down from one OC to another 🙄

You consider one coach an underachiever, yet the coach you have is worse, but of course you want to keep him.  I see how MY thinking is ridiculous.

Offensive minded HCs fail all the time.

And Payton isn’t exactly thriving in Denver at the moment, nor do I assume this team would be better off with him rather than McD. 

On 9/18/2023 at 9:54 AM, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yeesh they’re gonna start 0-3 then after a couple winnable games to catch their breath they’ve got the chiefs twice in three games.  

Hey we can hope their players play the kc division rivals as if it's their SB and pull upsets.

38 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Woof.  This thread hasn’t aged well 

As much as I want the dolphins to lose it was kind of funny watching tua blow out Payton after Payton said tua would be benched for bridgewater last year 

seems like the Daboll hype has cooled off too so a double whammy in this thread lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Funny how genius guys like Payton and Belichick are when they don’t have HOF QBs at the helm.

Yeah, but at least BB won multiple SB's.  Payton won one and had some losing seasons.  Can argue Bountygate set them back multiple years, but who let that.  Don't think there was as many top level teams in NFC over his years on top so that helped him some.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

One thing that I have never been able to figure out is what happened to Russell Wilson

This was a good QB. You could make an argument that at one point he was an elite QB. He’s not old what happened to him

Lost his hunger (and gained a more literal hunger). Believed his own hype. In Seattle he convinced himself he was the answer and everyone else was the problem. I honeslty don't think he can press the switch to go back to the overlooked 3rd rounder with a point to prove. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

One thing that I have never been able to figure out is what happened to Russell Wilson

This was a good QB. You could make an argument that at one point he was an elite QB. He’s not old what happened to him

There was a video made by a disgruntled Seahawks fan last off-season that demonstrated that Russ can only run one offense. Every time the Hawks tried to change things up, it would fail and they would have to revert. Here, I found it. 

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Woof.  This thread hasn’t aged well 

It was senile when it was started.

On 9/18/2023 at 3:24 PM, Ramza86 said:

Yeah I dont think so. Youre talking to a 5 time fantasy football league winner.

This thing would be looking a lot better with me at the helm.

I do not see how useful it would be to turn the Buffalo Bills into a fantasy football team.

Edited by Limeaid
Duplicate post

On 9/18/2023 at 6:37 AM, Roundybout said:

I love watching the Broncos implode. Never really liked that team. 

Do you think it’s a play to get the 1st overall? 

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Aged like fine milk

Dumbest fans in the league, sometimes 

Your mistake is believing these are bills fans to begin with 

Edited by AlfaBill

On 9/18/2023 at 8:15 AM, Virgil said:

However, Brees wasn't that when he went to the Saints.  You could argue Payton was partially responsible for that success.  

Also, the Saints Super Bowl win was as much about the game plan as the players out there. 

I saw Brees play live when he was a Charger. What a great quarterback.

On 9/18/2023 at 10:02 AM, Airseven said:

These random "dunks" after the Bills win a game are so vintage messageboard.

Coincidentally they expose your track record of bad takes. I wouldn't want them resurrected either if I were you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Maybe just maybe the Broncos are now in tank mode? Could be.

I think there is something to this.  Good QBs coming out next year, and Sean has seen enough of Russ to know he can’t turn him back into what he was in Seattle.

I’m sorry, but you don’t give up 70 to anybody in this league if you are trying.  That team quit in the sweltering heat, and I think the Broncos may not win more than a game or two all year.  They look like the worst team in the league.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I think there is something to this.  Good QBs coming out next year, and Sean has seen enough of Russ to know he can’t turn him back into what he was in Seattle.

I’m sorry, but you don’t give up 70 to anybody in this league if you are trying.  That team quit in the sweltering heat, and I think the Broncos may not win more than a game or two all year.  They look like the worst team in the league.

I think they beat the Bears next week with relative ease. I don't think there's a worse team than the Bears. I didn't watch the Fish game yesterday, but from what I've read Wilson actually played pretty well and was let down by his receivers (drops, fumbles). Fields seems terrible to me.

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Lost his hunger (and gained a more literal hunger). Believed his own hype. In Seattle he convinced himself he was the answer and everyone else was the problem. I honeslty don't think he can press the switch to go back to the overlooked 3rd rounder with a point to prove. 

By every metric, Wilson is playing better this season: 99.5 rating, 59.9 QBR, 7.6 ypa, 65.4 percent completion percentage, 6/2 TD INT ratio. His PFR rating-plus is 113, which means he's 13 percent above average in that category (he was at 91 last year).  

Edited by dave mcbride

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.