Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

I believe the Bills didn't want Worthy, saw who was picking after than and had a good idea who they were going to pick and realized the Chiefs were going to wind up with Worthy anyway so they traded and picked up a 3rd. Optics are awful for people who wanted worthy, but we obviously didn't want him.  I dunno what else they could do, call around and ask everyone "hey we will trade out of the 1st and give you a sweetheart deal if you take Worthy?" I understand the frustration but you can't fixate on a single player when you don't know who the team wants. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow. I hate that decision from Beane. Worthy isn't my guy necessarily but why are you giving the team you are trying to catch and surpass a guy they really covet in a position where they need help?

If we take Legette at 32 and then safety in 3rd round who wouldn't be available in the 4th I can live with that...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Our responsibility isn’t what KC does. We won’t draft players we don’t want so another team doesn’t. 

Perhaps we should! KC’s front office moves have bested ours for years now.

I trust their front office more than our own.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow. I hate that decision from Beane. Worthy isn't my guy necessarily but why are you giving the team you are trying to catch and surpass a guy they really covet in a position where they need help?

Possibly because Beane knew he was not going to draft Worthy and the Chiefs would get him regardless.  Why not pick up the extra third for your troubles.   

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Looks like it'll be JPJ or Frazier

I love it

I don't regard C as a pressing need for the roster. I don't think they'll go that way.

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean we got better than the value chart says for it... but agree... it just isn't worth a 3rd round pick IMO

Yeah, I get it. My problem is the Chiefs really, not the compensation.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's be clear here...Worthy is no Tyreek Hill

I wanted a deep threat to open up things, but there are other guys that can do what Worthy does

We'll see if he holds up at the NFL level. History says these guys are continuously hurt, and he's as tiny as it gets

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

We didn't move up in the 4th. We gained their 3rd rounder at 95 while giving them our 2nd 4th and they switched picks with us in the 7th.

Our picks are now:

There will be a trade up or two in coming rounds.

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

But we didn’t just get a 3rd, poof out of thin air. We gave up a 4th for it. We only moved up around 30 spots in the late 3rd round. Not much value there IMO. 

You could package with our second next year and get back into the second round probably. Then we'd still have Minnesota's 2nd next season.

Feels like CHIEFS panicked.  They knew we were not taking Worthy -- had to have realized that or been told that in our discussion.  So they gave up a nice little package to jump Baltimore and SF?  Good move Beane!  This board would have called Baltimore stupid if they took Worthy and been cheering because Legette and McConkey were still there.  This is well played by Beane, IMHO.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beane is country dumb.

Worthy is already valuable because of the new kickoff rules (his punt returns were elite in college).

Someone upthread said “fetishization of draft picks” and it’s exactly right.  Beane and Kevyn Adams.  Just having no idea how to use their assets.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2

This was a terrible move,  all we need is to hand the Chiefs to have the next Hill.  Just a stupid move and only got a 3rd and gave up a 4th.  Big deal if you helped you biggest rival add another explosive receiver.   Deflating and Beane is all talk,  he screwed this team with stupid contracts to older guys and tonight he hands Fastest player in the draft to KC

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Analysts are just destroying this trade. 

“Very very confusing move by the Bills”.

I may have lost my last shred of hope in this front office. The Chiefs have routinely bested us in roster building and playoff success and you TRADE WITH THEM?

If Worthy becomes the next Tyreek (I have my doubts), we will never live this down. 

if it was Worthy to KC or Balt, why choose KC?  Just a stupid trade

Edited by RyanC883

3 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Even the draft chart says we got robbed

Which chart you looking at??? The one I’m looking at says we lost 70 by moving down in the first and gained 80 by moving up 40 picks into the 3rd.

This site was lagging hard for me right after the trade.  Thinking it might crash if the Bills take D in 32.  

I just hope two WR in our first four picks.

• Haha (+1) 1