Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

I would call this ballsy, but it's probably better to call it stupid. Unless you know who they want and you think they will bust (which is a risky gamble) I don't know how you allow them to get who they want.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow. I hate that decision from Beane. Worthy isn't my guy necessarily but why are you giving the team you are trying to catch and surpass a guy they really covet in a position where they need help?

At our own biggest need nonetheless and a spot you expect them to scout and scheme very well… 

if this move haunts us in a few months it could cost jobs 

• Agree 3

I liked Worthy due to his elite speed that nobody in this draft comes close to, but I'm OK with the trade back

Deep draft class, and there are numerous wideouts left that have alot of potential

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Rich Hill chart says moving from 32 down with Washington, should net 40 and 100 rather than 36 and 78 which would have been the net for #28. If Washington moves up to 29-31 and pay more than the Bills got, I'ma be pissed.

Welp there goes Guyton. Washington may not have wanted to pay the price.

Could be Beane has his eye on Ladd? Or... Dejean makes it to 32 and decapitates Worthy in their first matchup :devil:

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Especially when we got practically nothing for it.

I mean we got better than the value chart says for it... but agree... it just isn't worth a 3rd round pick IMO

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Lost said:

Beane has fumbled this draft

I stand by my statement.  

But I feel really reassured knowing that Beane will have this team fully stocked with Special Teamers and no starting WR.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Seems like an obviously terrible decision from my perch. The fetishization of draft pick hording seems to be the driver — Beane can't quite get over the fourth tound comp designation for Edmunds and was hellbent on getting a third round pick. But jeez, don’t trade with KC. Hope I’m wrong.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm sure the draft chart liked the trade, but we got robbed.  As much as I didn't want Worthy, I sure as ***** didn't want him on the Chefs.

Okay...so the Bills don't trade and KC takes Worthy at 32 because the Bills obviously weren't going to take him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow. I hate that decision from Beane. Worthy isn't my guy necessarily but why are you giving the team you are trying to catch and surpass a guy they really covet in a position where they need help?

It only happens if beane thinks worthy is gonna bust…guess we’ll see 

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Beane just fired himself.

Yup. If we don't make the playoffs Beane and McDermott are gone. Hopefully Daboll also gets fired and get the Bills job. 

• Disagree 1

Just in case the fans forgot that we essentially traded Mahomes for Tre White, we now just gave them the fastest player in the draft.  I just don't get it.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm sure the draft chart liked the trade, but we got robbed.  As much as I didn't want Worthy, I sure as ***** didn't want him on the Chefs.

As said above, I suppose no one else was going to take him before 32 so, if the Bills didn't want him for whatever reason, they've got a third back for it.

Just now, Virgil said:

Just in case the fans forgot that we essentially traded Mahomes for Tre White, we now just gave them the fastest player in the draft.  I just don't get it.

They were going to get him anyway.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not sure the issue. 

We clearly didn’t want the Chiefs were going to get him anyway.  

We get a 3rd. 

Fine.  

We move up from a 4th to a 3rd… if it was a straight up 3rd I’d be vibin 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I thought Worthy would be a star with us, KC just got a great player.

Beane obviously didn't feel the same, and they must have someone (or two) ranked higher or similar.

Let's see who we take at 32.  Getting into the 3rd round, at 95 is a great spot.  Gives flexibility in Rd 2 to go alot of directions

• Like (+1) 1