All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

Depth at oline is more important than a guy coming off a bad ACL injury for a few weeks. Protecting Allen is that important. 

I'd argue that the Bills already have better depth at O-Line than the majority of the league, just not the top end talent, but that's really besides the point that I already made.  Teams don't trade O-Lineman midseason, so your idea of "well just get an O-Lineman" is a non-starter.  

The guys on the street aren't better than what we already have at O-Line depth.  If they were, teams wouldn't be picking JAGs like Luke Tenuta off the practice squad.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Depth at oline is more important than a guy coming off a bad ACL injury for a few weeks. Protecting Allen is that important. 

OL players don't grow on trees and if anyone had watched the NFL, it is a need for every team with the possible exception of 1 to 2. The ones that would be available via trade will either be due for some serious cash or they are a bottom feeder that is a slight upgrade from your guy in the trash can...

I think everyone knows that keeping allen upright in a clean pocket and better run blocking would do absolute miracles for our already great offense

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, transient said:

I don't know, an incentive laden deal for a talented player looking to bounce back from injury sounds familiar...

Beane would not agree to anything until we know what we're getting. I think any deal OBJ signs will be incentive laden, no real shocker there.  Has he even done any running yet? This is pure speculation.

BS.

1 minute ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

Can someone explain why OBJ?  A possible third threat?  I guess.  Maybe because McKenzie had a bad game?  Seems our WR room is deep.  Akers I can understand.

Ultra elite talent if healthy. 

Remember Moss going to Pats? 

This has potential to be iconic. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, babulator said:

Beane would not agree to anything until we know what we're getting. I think any deal OBJ signs will be incentive laden, no real shocker there.  Has he even done any running yet? This is pure speculation.

BS.

I'm not saying this is or isn't true, but every player has to pass a physical before executing a contract, and there would likely be contingencies/offsets in the language given the injury he's coming off of. If OBJ is healthy he's going to play somewhere, why is it so hard to believe that someone would have an tentative agreement in place beforehand?

• Agree 1

No NFL team is trading for Cam Akers, let alone the Bills. Yes, he was once a very promising young RB, but then he tore his achilles. He is toast, and definitely not an upgrade from Moss. Even if/when he gets cut, Beane won't even blink. These twitter idiots are just looking for clicks.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

Can someone explain why OBJ?  A possible third threat?  I guess.  Maybe because McKenzie had a bad game?  Seems our WR room is deep.  Akers I can understand.

All about the playoffs. A vet that has been there before and even if he is only playing 10-20 snaps. Having Diggs, Davis, and OBJ is an upgrade over McK, Tupac and Kumerow. Crowder was that extra vet but he is gone. 

26 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

I think the opposite, have more need for WR than RB as the Bills are a passing team first and don't prioritize running the ball so whomever is back there, outside of S Barkley or CMC 2 RB's rumored at one point to be available, not sure adding a guy like Akers is going to make any difference. 

Looking at Rookie stats Akers and Moss weren't all that different IMO so how much of an upgrade is he?  The Bills have 4 guys including D Johnson who likely can all do about the same if called upon and really given the chance, but as much as the Bills pass the ball successfully running is never going to be worked on all that much.  My guess is during practice too passing is worked on a larger amount of time and with limited practice time these days hard to be good at it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.