All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Skip Bayless brings up a point that I've thought about this from the beginning - Von Miller is just trying to create a market for his friend by threatening the league that OBJ will be added to our already stacked team and keeping his name out there.

I personally hope it's real and that he will be coming here. But given his talk of the money not being good enough in KC, I find it hard to believe he'd come here for what we'd be offering.

What kind of money could he be looking for? He will only play towards the end of the regular season and playoffs as a rental. If he is looking for a long term contract then forget it as far as the Bills are concerned. I could only see the Bills being interested for this year only.

• Agree 1

if OBJ signs with the Bills and we get a ring would not he and Miller be the only two players in the NFL with a Super Bowl ring with 3 different teams?

That could be something he would consider - not letting Miller be the only 3 ring champion.

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

if OBJ signs with the Bills and we get a ring would not he and Miller be the only two players in the NFL with a Super Bowl ring with 3 different teams?

That could be something he would consider - not letting Miller be the only 3 ring champion.

I'm pretty sure OBJ's first was last season with the Rams. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Skip Bayless brings up a point that I've thought about this from the beginning - Von Miller is just trying to create a market for his friend by threatening the league that OBJ will be added to our already stacked team and keeping his name out there.

I personally hope it's real and that he will be coming here. But given his talk of the money not being good enough in KC, I find it hard to believe he'd come here for what we'd be offering.

One thing that I don't thing is being accounted for is that the Bills likely only sign him to finish out this season. He'd come in for depth and chase a ring. With our current cap situation and the guys we have coming up I would be pissed if they gave OBJ any real money for more than a few months. 

There is a world where OBJ comes in, puts up some numbers, and ends up back with LAR for 2023. 

27 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

when it comes to OBJ I'm ambivalent. Sure he would help, I guess, especially as an insurance policy for injury. But not at big $$ or long term. That's Gabe's money!

I was with you on the ambivalence until I saw McK lay an egg against KC. I have been pounding the table to get him involved on a more full time basis. Then a clutch drop and the fumble. Ugh. Next please. 

Right there with you on the contract. Get OBJ in and let him out after the playoffs to go try and get a big pay day. We have Edmunds, Poyer, Oliver, and Davis coming up. I have no interest in taking any money away from those guys for OBJ. 

20 minutes ago, dakrider said:

Bills don't have a bonafide 3rd receiver.  OBJ would be a great addition if he can physically run well.  Maybe Shakir can step it up, idk. 

I can see an OBJ as our 3rd and sprinkle in some Shakir. Until next season where Shakir is the 3rd going forward. 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Quit drinking so much.

Yeah right? I want it like 2010? 12 years ago? Lol

Is anyone else out there that thinks there is a possibility that OBJ end up back with the Giants? 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Greg S said:

What kind of money could he be looking for? He will only play towards the end of the regular season and playoffs as a rental. If he is looking for a long term contract then forget it as far as the Bills are concerned. I could only see the Bills being interested for this year only.

I don't know what he's looking for but he was insulted by LA's offer which implies to me that money is, if not the most important thing, definitely up there. And I can't see Beane paying much for the length of time he'd be here either.

• Like (+1) 1

If he thinks any team is offering him anything more than the minimum, he's a fool.  Teams will want to see that he's healthy and back to his previous form, after tearing the ACL in the same knee again.  The talk of a big contract should be tabled until next season.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

If he thinks any team is offering him anything more than the minimum, he's a fool.  Teams will want to see that he's healthy and back to his previous form, after tearing the ACL in the same knee again.  The talk of a big contract should be tabled until next season.

I question his ability to contribute this season coming off that injury, never mind next.  That's why I'm hesitant for us to bring him in.  I also worry about the media circus that would ensue if we did and it becoming a distraction at the worst possible time to have one late in the year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.