Sexy Rexy interviewed for Cowboys DC position

BuffaloBill

This is freaking hilarious and only the Cowboys would even consider a sloppy, disorganized, lazy coach like Rex

Like a guy who's been mailing it in on TV for the last 7 seasons, at 61 years of age, is all of a sudden gonna start putting in 18 hour days to run a defense?

Let's go get a f***ing snack!

• Haha (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Do it Jerry.   The entertainment value would be great.  Meatball McCarthy and Rex.   Could've been the HC matchup in SB XLV if the Jets didn't come out flat after the win in NE in the divisional round.

A lot of their DC interviews so far seem like interim HC candidates.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

As much of a joke as he was here, he's not a bad defensive mind. His problem was he tried way too hard to pivot away from Schwartz's defense without the right personnel 

I think his problem was that he just stopped trying at some point. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

58 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

As much of a joke as he was here, he's not a bad defensive mind. His problem was he tried way too hard to pivot away from Schwartz's defense without the right personnel 

He either thought Reggie Ragland fit today’s NFL or he thought it was still 1982.  

57 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Do it Jerry.   The entertainment value would be great.  Meatball McCarthy and Rex.   Could've been the HC matchup in SB XLV if the Jets didn't come out flat after the win in NE in the divisional round.

Yea I’d like to see this happen. Would be some great entertainment in Dallas. Rex must be freaking out with the idea of coaching Micah Parsons. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

I also think he got lazy and didn't innovate or adjust as his scheme got figured out.

He would have to show he is willing to put in the long, hard hours again.

54 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think his problem was that he just stopped trying at some point. 

I agree. He got lazy.

• Like (+1) 1

he keeps interviewing and not getting hired (Denver just last year) so I doubt it happens. 

It's weird to me, because for some guys like Rex the "interview" is a formality. You either want him or you don't, so why bother if you aren't going to hire him? 

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

he keeps interviewing and not getting hired (Denver just last year) so I doubt it happens. 

It's weird to me, because for some guys like Rex the "interview" is a formality. You either want him or you don't, so why bother if you aren't going to hire him? 

Rex is a variation of the Rooney Rule.  He represents the Rummy Rule.  Ticks all the boxes:

1. Famous Football Father.

2. Has brudder who can also contribute.  Not so much to the team, but local merchants will love them for stupid commercials and restaurant endorsements.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I don't know if Rex's ego would allow this to work. His personality and McCarthy's just don't seem like they would mesh. 

Of course it wont, that is EXACTLY why i want to see it.  Throw in egomaniac Jerry Jones, it has all the earmarks of a NFL reality TV soap opera.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Rex is a variation of the Rooney Rule.  He represents the Rummy Rule.  Ticks all the boxes:

1. Famous Football Father.

2. Has brudder who can also contribute.  Not so much to the team, but local merchants will love them for stupid commercials and restaurant endorsements.

if stupidity is a minority, Wrex fits the bill.  I hope Dallas hires him.  I just wish we could play them next year.

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I don't know if Rex's ego would allow this to work. His personality and McCarthy's just don't seem like they would mesh. 

Don’t worry, they have Jerruh in the mix to bring it all together and……..up the entertainment value! 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

This is an excellent point but trying to do exactly that was intensely stupid on Rex's part.  The best part of the forgettable Marrone era was Jim Schwartz's Defense!

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.