Sorry to say... But Diggs is done.

ShipUPride

He's been invisible for weeks.  Today I saw him catch a ball and drop to the ground before getting touched, without effort for YAC. Unless he is secretly injured I think it's time to really evaluate his effectiveness and effort.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 11
  • Eyeroll 12
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 48
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 25

Have you not watched him play for the past 3 years?

He always goes down to avoid contact unless he is already on the run.  That's his way of preserving his body to prolong his career and stay healthy.

• Like (+1) 22
  • Agree 24
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 13

30 minutes ago, ShipUPride said:

He's been invisible for weeks.  Today I saw him catch a ball and drop to the ground before getting touched, without effort for YAC. Unless he is secretly injured I think it's time to really evaluate his effectiveness and effort.  

Is that you @FilthyBeast, @jkirchofer?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

25 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Last week Josh overthrew Diggs on an 89 yard td. Today he underthrew him on a 35 yard td. Diggs is banged up but still getting open. Josh is just a little out of sync with him.

Josh has missed him an alarming amount of times, whether it’s an under thrown ball or over thrown. They just aren’t connecting this year like they have in the past. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

40 minutes ago, ShipUPride said:

So after you've been made to look dumb by saying Allen sucks continually.. you've found a new target, huh?

Maybe just stop?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, ShipUPride said:

You’re late for your evening shift at the gas station. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, ShipUPride said:

This offense is trending in a new direction.  More emphasis on the run game and TOP. Others like Kincaid and Shakir are earning more and more targets every week. 

• Agree 1

that's funny....cause opposing teams who constantly double team diggs obviously do not share your opinion that he is done.

in spite of that, he still had 7 catches and more importantly made things easier for the rest of the pass catchers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ShipUPride said:

It is NOT time to do that! It’s time to show your cards and win a Super Bowl!!! Let’s leave cutting SD14 to the big boys upstairs AFTER the season. 

Respectfully, because I feel your frustration and know exactly what play you’re referring to, when Diggs leaves Buffalo he definitely deserves our respect, collectively. I don’t even think that’s a controversial thing to say at all. Yes, he’s got some strong personality traits, and I’m not speaking for anyone, but I think he’s done right by us. I’d veer to say, he comes to my mind when I think about leadership of this team over the past five years. 

5 hours ago, ShipUPride said:

Today I saw him catch a ball and drop to the ground before getting touched

Did you watch him since he came to Buffalo and notice that he has done this routinely for years?  Actually for the most part this year he started trying for more RAC.  Sometimes getting down is not the worst move.  What a terrible take.

He is most certainly not done

But him and Josh not connecting is a problem. They have not even been reading the same book lately, let alone being on the same page.

He is an unbelievable talent but at the same time, they have been trying real hard to get him catches with no luck.

What gives? This seems like a reeaaalllly long slump.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.