Claypool traded to Miami

Big Blitz

Just now, mrags said:

First part of me lols and says he will tear them apart even more from the inside. 

second part of me is angered that we didn’t make that trade for him. It’s almost nothing. Should have taken a stab at it. 

The dude has been a locker room issue for both teams he’s played on. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

First part of me lols and says he will tear them apart even more from the inside. 

second part of me is angered that we didn’t make that trade for him. It’s almost nothing. Should have taken a stab at it. 

I tried to convince the Bills brass. I was silenced

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, mrags said:

Yea take a stab at a player that’s on his 3rd team in 4 seasons. Steelers and Bears are telling the league this guy ain’t worth it!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Love it!  Fins going to implode from within...

My friend who is a Dolphins fan HATES it and said he was a problem in Pittsburgh and Chicago, how will it be any different there?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

That's the point of not trading for him....he's a locker room cancer.  Was a pain in Pittsburgh, again at Chicago.

Very interesting for Miami.  Hope it works out just like it did for Chicago 😁

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That's next to nothing and he may care a bit more playing for a top offense.

That said this was a dumb move for Miami. Taking the risk of absorbing another huge ego on the team. With Berrios playing well in the slot already and there still only being 1 ball to get spread around...just not worth the risk IMO.

But Miami just loves collecting "big names" for no benefit.

• Agree 1

Glad he went there and not here like some wanted.  He is a locker room and effort cancer.  No thank you.  We are having no issues scoring, we don’t need an under performing lazy WR with attitude issues.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

Just now, Beast said:

I can’t say I blame them. Character doesn’t matter to a team like the Chiefs who have two championships in recent years.

But there is a difference between bad human character (Tyreek Hill) and bad football character (Chase Claypool). Bad football character guys are team killers and I'm not sure Miami has the culture and locker room to absorb this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

My friend who is a Dolphins fan HATES it and said he was a problem in Pittsburgh and Chicago, how will it be any different there?

Agreed. In what world is he getting more targets with Hill and Waddle already there?  Maybe they are thinking of using him as a move TE?

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The dude has been a locker room issue for both teams he’s played on. 

It's a good move.  Virtually no risk.  If they can get him engaged....another weapon.   We'll see.  

While I didn't want Claypool I do wish the Bills occasionally grabbed up people when teams were forced to sell low.

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, mrags said:

Your first sentence serves to inform your second sentence.

I doubt he plays much at all.  They have Hill and Waddle - both quick and fast guys who stretch a team.  Chosen Anderson can spell them and provide similar field stretching ability and depth that doesn't change what they want to do offensively.  Berrios and Wilson are slot options.  He's #6 and doesn't play special teams so i would assume he doesn't dress right away and is there as depth for long term injury, and potentially as a contested catch receiver if that becomes something they want to use.  

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, mrags said:

Agree with that. Thought he was going to be a star, hasn’t done crap since his rookie year and must be a problem in the lockerroom. 

but on paper, he fills a need for them and that nerd is a great play caller. I always like the mindset of never stop improving your team, especially with former high picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I doubt he plays much at all.  They have Hill and Waddle - both quick and fast guys who stretch a team.  Chosen Anderson can spell them and provide similar field stretching ability and depth that doesn't change what they want to do offensively.  Berrios and Wilson are slot options.  He's #6 and doesn't play special teams so i would assume he doesn't dress right away and is there as depth for long term injury, and potentially as a contested catch receiver if that becomes something they want to use.  

He is completely different than their other receivers. I like the analogy of a basketball team - you need your small quick guards, but you also need your big men.

and he is much much better than “Choosen.”

Certainly is an interesting trade.  Dolphins have OLINE and CB issues, but hey, 4.42 speed adds another target and insurance if Hill/Waddle get dinged up.  3M-ish base contract, so not really pricey.  How quickly he can or can't be assimilated into the Phins Borg will be interesting to see.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1

He's played for no QB's and put up great #'s as a rookie.  Would have been a cheap price to pay and a big target, which is a good fit here.  

Hate that Miami got him, but certainly not enough balls to go around.

His stats are the same if not better than Gabe with worse QB's.  Would have come cheap. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The only thing in Miami's favor is it usually takes until the 2nd year to blow up.  Right now he'll be on his best behavior so could help them this season.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

It's a good move.  Virtually no risk.  If they can get him engaged....another weapon.   We'll see.  

While I didn't want Claypool I do wish the Bills occasionally grabbed up people when teams were forced to sell low.

Seems the Bears offense got better the past 2 weeks when Claypool was a healthy scratch.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This could be a home run for the Dolphins.

Has he been a lockeroom cancer, yes?

Did they pay much for him, almost nada.

And the key is McDaniel is an odd duck as a head coach to say the least.  Maybe in his idiot savant fashion he can make it work.

Unfortunately that still doesn't help them stop Josh Allen from dropping 48 on them.  Maybe they could have made it only a 21 point loss with him tho.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.