Claypool traded to Miami

Big Blitz

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No, Allen didn't make racist comments.

Post a video of Diggs kicking a man on the ground.

I don't know about any story about Bennett.

Oh those KC Chiefs who desperately need WR help.  Why didn't they get him?  I mean, wouldn't you say they have a bigger need at WR?

You are wrong. Allen did make racial comments prior to being drafted. I’m High School on social media. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23325677/josh-allen-takes-responsibility-offensive-tweets-sent-high-schooler

you really haven’t heard any stories about Bennett? Not sure where you were back in the day but it was pretty well known. He sodomized a girl and she needed 17 stitches to her anus from the injuries she sustained. 

“In May 1997,[18] Bennett committed "vicious acts"[19] during a sexual assault of a woman at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Buffalo. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 60 days in jail for sexual misconduct. He was also placed on three years' probation, fined $500, ordered to perform 100 hours of community service, ordered to pay back $617 in medical bills for the woman,[20] and ordered to undergo anger-management and substance-abuse counseling.[21]“

I was wrong about Diggs. I was thinking of the Shady McCoy incident where he was in a bar fight. 

my point is this, it doesn’t matter. Many of these professional athletes are not good human beings. At the end of the day we need to stop thinking these kids are choir boys. I want a Lombardi trophy here. Maybe one day we get one. Maybe we don’t. If I was Beane I’d be looking at anything that could potential help this football team and city get one. If it doesn’t work out at least you tried. And for the price of moving back 10-15 spots in the final round of the draft I think it’s worth a shot. Like I said, worst case, he’s a cancer and doesn’t work out. And you dump him on the side of the road where you found him. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

So wish wish for a cancer for our opponents, but you wish we had gotten it first?  Huh?   🤷‍♂️

Well. For the 30th time. If you have faith in our coaching staff you trust they would be able to get something out of the guy. And if you don’t, you trust they would drop him on the side of the road where they found him. I personally have faith that our locker room is strong enough that this “cancer” wouldn’t tear anything apart. 

personally, I think he’ll be fine in Miami and probably make some people question why we didn’t make the move. I hope it doesn’t happen. But I have a feeling we’ll be upset they got him. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

That's just embarrassing for Claypool. His value is close to nothing.

It's kinda more embarrassing for Ryan Poles.

He turned the #33 pick in the draft into a swap of 6th and 7th rounders in one year.

😬

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

You are wrong. Allen did make racial comments prior to being drafted. I’m High School on social media. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23325677/josh-allen-takes-responsibility-offensive-tweets-sent-high-schooler

you really haven’t heard any stories about Bennett? Not sure where you were back in the day but it was pretty well known. He sodomized a girl and she needed 17 stitches to her anus from the injuries she sustained. 

“In May 1997,[18] Bennett committed "vicious acts"[19] during a sexual assault of a woman at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Buffalo. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 60 days in jail for sexual misconduct. He was also placed on three years' probation, fined $500, ordered to perform 100 hours of community service, ordered to pay back $617 in medical bills for the woman,[20] and ordered to undergo anger-management and substance-abuse counseling.[21]“

I was wrong about Diggs. I was thinking of the Shady McCoy incident where he was in a bar fight. 

my point is this, it doesn’t matter. Many of these professional athletes are not good human beings. At the end of the day we need to stop thinking these kids are choir boys. I want a Lombardi trophy here. Maybe one day we get one. Maybe we don’t. If I was Beane I’d be looking at anything that could potential help this football team and city get one. If it doesn’t work out at least you tried. And for the price of moving back 10-15 spots in the final round of the draft I think it’s worth a shot. Like I said, worst case, he’s a cancer and doesn’t work out. And you dump him on the side of the road where you found him. 

Well. For the 30th time. If you have faith in our coaching staff you trust they would be able to get something out of the guy. And if you don’t, you trust they would drop him on the side of the road where they found him. I personally have faith that our locker room is strong enough that this “cancer” wouldn’t tear anything apart. 

personally, I think he’ll be fine in Miami and probably make some people question why we didn’t make the move. I hope it doesn’t happen. But I have a feeling we’ll be upset they got him. 

I am wrong?  So you believe Allen was making racist remarks because he quoted rap lyrics and an episode of Modern Family?  Its racist for white kids to recite rap lyrics?

I'm not thinking they need to be choir boys.  If Claypool was good, you put up with his antics.  He's an unproductive me player who has effort concerns.  You want that guy?

Why not have faith in this FO that they know they don't need Claypool and he's not worth it?  They know their locker room more than you do.  They know about him more than you do, I assure you.

To the Bolded....What was your feeling about Bernard before the season?

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I don’t care what anyone says, that’s a trade I would have made in a heartbeat.  He’s got talent, if this locker room is as strong as we are lead to believe, why couldn’t we take him on?  He would be a decent outside WR option, of which we have exactly 2 on the roster.  Low risk, stupid high reward potential. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am wrong?  So you believe Allen was making racist remarks because he quoted rap lyrics and an episode of Modern Family?  Its racist for white kids to recite rap lyrics?

I'm not thinking they need to be choir boys.  If Claypool was good, you put up with his antics.  He's an unproductive me player who has effort concerns.  You want that guy?

Why not have faith in this FO that they know they don't need Claypool and he's not worth it?  They know their locker room more than you do.  They know about him more than you do, I assure you.

To the Bolded....What was your feeling about Bernard before the season?

Pointing out my opinion of Bernard prior to the season and how wrong I have been so far has nothing to do with my opinion on Claypool. 

fwiw it’s still early. Bernard has looks amazing and I admit that I was incorrect about him up to this point. But it’s not over. It’s a long season and we will see how things play out in the long run. For the record, I hope I continue be incorrect about him. 

but again, that has nothing to do with my opinion on Claypool. Fwiw, I’m not exactly up in arms and claiming we were asleep at the wheel. Or stupid for not trying to trade for him. I’m not angered by it in any way. I’m just stating, for what was given up as far as compensation, I think it would have worth a shot. 

Im not sure why you or anyone else for that matter is jumping down mine, or anyone else’s throats over this. I simply see it as a no brainer move that cost the Dolphins almost nothing for a possible big return of it works out. If it doesn’t it’s not really a big hit. 

but, because it’s Miami, I also stated that I do hope it costs them locker room dissension. 

Edited by mrags

5 hours ago, mrags said:

First part of me lols and says he will tear them apart even more from the inside. 

second part of me is angered that we didn’t make that trade for him. It’s almost nothing. Should have taken a stab at it. 

Dude isn't even good. Hope he makes them worse. 

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

Pointing out my opinion of Bernard prior to the season and how wrong I have been so far has nothing to do with my opinion on Claypool. 

fwiw it’s still early. Bernard has looks amazing and I admit that I was incorrect about him up to this point. But it’s not over. It’s a long season and we will see how things play out in the long run. For the record, I hope I continue be incorrect about him. 

but again, that has nothing to do with my opinion on Claypool. Fwiw, I’m not exactly up in arms and claiming we were asleep at the wheel. Or stupid for not trying to trade for him. I’m not angered by it in any way. I’m just stating, for what was given up as far as compensation, I think it would have worth a shot. 

Im not sure why you or anyone else for that matter is jumping down mine, or anyone else’s throats over this. I simply see it as a no brainer move that cost the Dolphins almost nothing for a possible big return of it works out. If it doesn’t it’s not really a big hit. 

but, because it’s Miami, I also stated that I do hope it costs them locker room dissension. 

I'm pointing that out because you typically get very stubborn with your opinions and argue as if you cannot be wrong.  Its why you typically get argued against all the time.

Doesn't it seem odd to you that he was available for almost nothing after trading a second round pick for him?

If I presented you with a 2023 Toyota Tacoma for only $5,000.  Would you think that's a great deal or there's something wrong with it?

4 minutes ago, jaybills said:

Dude isn't even good. Hope he makes them worse. 

K

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm pointing that out because you typically get very stubborn with your opinions and argue as if you cannot be wrong.  Its why you typically get argued against all the time.

Doesn't it seem odd to you that he was available for almost nothing after trading a second round pick for him?

If I presented you with a 2023 Toyota Tacoma for only $5,000.  Would you think that's a great deal or there's something wrong with it?

Everyone. EVERYONE, knows that he’s got problems. He’s been offloaded on 2 different teams for almost nothing. It’s no secret.

Randy Moss had questionable issues in the past and then had the best years of his Hall of Fame career on the Patriots. Terrell Owens had questionable issues with the Eagles and then lot things up in Dallas. 

my point was and will continue to be, that for the compensation that Miami gave up to Chicago, it’s almost a no brainer. 

Your story about the Tacoma is ridiculous

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

It's kinda more embarrassing for Ryan Poles.

He turned the #33 pick in the draft into a swap of 6th and 7th rounders in one year.

😬

He also might get the top 2 picks in the draft as well. 

Claypool was a beast as a rookie and they needed wrs. I’d rather have my GM take a chance than do nothing. 

5 hours ago, mrags said:

First part of me lols and says he will tear them apart even more from the inside. 

second part of me is angered that we didn’t make that trade for him. It’s almost nothing. Should have taken a stab at it. 

Hey, we're going to need that 6th rounder to replace Tre

19 minutes ago, mrags said:

K

Everyone. EVERYONE, knows that he’s got problems. He’s been offloaded on 2 different teams for almost nothing. It’s no secret.

Randy Moss had questionable issues in the past and then had the best years of his Hall of Fame career on the Patriots. Terrell Owens had questionable issues with the Eagles and then lot things up in Dallas. 

my point was and will continue to be, that for the compensation that Miami gave up to Chicago, it’s almost a no brainer. 

Your story about the Tacoma is ridiculous

Randy Moss and TO are two really bad examples.  These guys PRODUCED.  These guys were putting up Hall of Fame numbers when they were traded.  it's why Antonio Brown got multiple chances....he produced.  

Claypool hasn't produced as has been problem lol.  

My Tacoma story isn't ridiculous.  Claypool was a 2nd round draft pick, traded for a 2nd round pick and then was made available for a 7th round pick 11 months later.  That's a significant depreciation.  29 other teams could have offered a 6th rounder and no one did.  Not much of a difference in 6th and 7th round picks and no team was willing to go up just a tad to get him.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Randy Moss and TO are two really bad examples.  These guys PRODUCED.  These guys were putting up Hall of Fame numbers when they were traded.  it's why Antonio Brown got multiple chances....he produced.  

My Tacoma story isn't ridiculous.  Claypool was a 2nd round draft pick, traded for a 2nd round pick and then was made available for a 7th round pick 11 months later.  That's a significant depreciation.

The guy had 2 seasons with over 800 yards receiving. He’s got 13 TDs in his 3 years in the league. He’s played with absolutely horrid QBs since he’s been in the league. I’d say he’s produced brought to cost you 10-15 spots in the 7th round. Again, that’s my opinion. I get your opinion I just disagree with it. 

you stated in your previous post that I “typically get very stubborn with your opinions and argue as if you cannot be wrong” yet here you are doing the exact same thing. I know it’s tough when you point fingers at what other people do and do them yourself. Not for nothing, just about everyone here as well as just about every other message board on the planet is guilty of this. I don’t hold any grudges towards you. You’re just doing what is expected on a message board. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My Tacoma story isn't ridiculous.  Claypool was a 2nd round draft pick, traded for a 2nd round pick and then was made available for a 7th round pick 11 months later.  That's a significant depreciation.  29 other teams could have offered a 6th rounder and no one did.  Not much of a difference in 6th and 7th round picks and no team was willing to go up just a tad to get him.

That’s kinda the point of how it’s low risk…..

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

The guy had 2 seasons with over 800 yards receiving. He’s got 13 TDs in his 3 years in the league. He’s played with absolutely horrid QBs since he’s been in the league. I’d say he’s produced brought to cost you 10-15 spots in the 7th round. Again, that’s my opinion. I get your opinion I just disagree with it. 

you stated in your previous post that I “typically get very stubborn with your opinions and argue as if you cannot be wrong” yet here you are doing the exact same thing. I know it’s tough when you point fingers at what other people do and do them yourself. Not for nothing, just about everyone here as well as just about every other message board on the planet is guilty of this. I don’t hold any grudges towards you. You’re just doing what is expected on a message board. 

Dionte Johnson and even JuJu Smith Schuster were getting thrown to by the same QB's.  They produced.

Well Gabe Davis has 23 TD's and an 800 yard season at the same time and his effort isn't questioned....not to mention he was a depth player his first 3 years.

Its more because you admitted that he can ruin a locker room which is why you hope it for the Dolphins.  

I know the locker room is strong but I believe that one bad apple can ruin the whole bunch.  Why chance it?

I didn't want AB but would have been more open to him because he at least produced and played hard when he was on the field. 

I guess I just don't understand taking a risk on a non-producer who was a healthy scratch by a team who traded a 2nd round pick for him.  You know how bad Cody Ford was and is and we got more value for him in return.  

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That’s kinda the point of how it’s low risk…..

You have to think a little deeper than that.

Bringing in a guy who had two teams get rid of him because of his attitude in 11 months is not worth any risk IMO.

This is a Super Bowl favorite team that doesn't have problems scoring. 

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Unfortunately that still doesn't help them stop Josh Allen from dropping 48 on them.  Maybe they could have made it only a 21 point loss with him tho.

A lot of hubris in that comment.

i am not worried about what happened at home a few weeks ago, more concerned about what happens in the final week

of the season when we play In Miami.  As you know, injuries happen through the season and the addition of Claypol could end up being critical.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If we were the 2018 Bills, yeah maybe.  I just overall don't like players who have effort problems....like Dareus.  

He just seems like a "me" guy and I think with his antics, will hurt the Bills

On point. Watched him very carefully at ND. Unreal physical talent. But he has ZERO fight. Won't block, won't help, won't care.

During the draft, I thought anyone who picks him early is freaking d-u-m-b, dumb, like in box of rocks dumb. And yet the cycle of stupidity continues.

As @Alphadawg7 aptly put it, he is "effort cancer". I may be overblowing my perspective but, frankly: I absolutely despise these types of players.

50 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You have to think a little deeper than that.

Bringing in a guy who had two teams get rid of him because of his attitude in 11 months is not worth any risk IMO.

This is a Super Bowl favorite team that doesn't have problems scoring. 

I had to ask hubby who went to Notre Dame what on earth happened to his boy? I was totally  out of the Chase Claypool fall from good graces beginning in Pittsburgh.   Remember Mapletron? What the heck Chase.  way to blow up your career geez

35 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

of course it is agree but this the real world, not madden,  suggest a “borderline “ free, OL right now available?

I realize it is not Madden, but thanks for pointing that out. I also realize competent OL are scarce.  My point is that WR is the absolute least of their issues.  Seems like an odd focus for the GM of an NFL team whose defense just got pummeled and whose QB just also took a beating.  I might save my powder for a real need, is my point.

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, mrags said:

this perfectly sums up what most Bills fans who are honest are thinking.  This will be a disaster.  But, we should have tried it, because if it's not a disaster, it will be fantastic for them.  

10 hours ago, SoTier said:

If the Fins are truly in win-now mode, they'd be hustling to find better OLers and/or LBS and DBs not adding an extraneous WR. 

They didn't pay much for Claypool.  They could still be after OL and DB.  Plus, those are harder to find.  They just upgraded their WR room, how much remains to be seen.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

A lot of hubris in that comment.

i am not worried about what happened at home a few weeks ago, more concerned about what happens in the final week

of the season when we play In Miami.  As you know, injuries happen through the season and the addition of Claypol could end up being critical.

But most likely, it will end up being not much and he won't have an impact like 95% of in season trades.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

What this tells me is Miami knows their defense is a disaster and can’t be fixed in one season. So, they are loading up on offense and going to try and win by just pouring on points every weekend. They will win a lot of games but get bounced by anyone who slows down their offense.

3 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

What this tells me is Miami knows their defense is a disaster and can’t be fixed in one season. So, they are loading up on offense and going to try and win by just pouring on points every weekend. They will win a lot of games but get bounced by anyone who slows down their offense.

That's seems to be their thinking ... if Tua can stay healthy behind their OL.

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I lost track.  Why is Chicago trading him for a used jockstrap and a bag of chips?

They weren’t playing him anyway after he went full-out attacking the coaching and the entire organisation. He was also a net negative for the Bears offender. He was lazy in not running routes but he was still openly demanding touches. He may work out in some way in Miami, but for Chicago it was addition by subtraction.

The Dolphins know they’re not going to be able to re-sign Waddle, not with Tua’s contract coming due.  I feel like this is more of a next year move.  Claypool, if he produces, will come cheaper.  If he doesn’t, they can look at the draft or other FAs.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

The ass whooping the Bills gave them has sent them into def con 1. That are so desperate to get to the Bills level. And Claypool ain't the answer. They should be looking for defensive players. 

Yes.

Randy Gregory would have been a more valuable pickup for the Dolphins IMO.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.