Claypool traded to Miami

Big Blitz

46 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

That's next to nothing and he may care a bit more playing for a top offense.

That said this was a dumb move for Miami. Taking the risk of absorbing another huge ego on the team. With Berrios playing well in the slot already and there still only being 1 ball to get spread around...just not worth the risk IMO.

But Miami just loves collecting "big names" for no benefit.

I don’t understand how they are going to afford him,Hill, and Waddle and extend Tua.  Also why? Barrios was doing fine as a third option. Also how does this fox the D that was torched by the Bills and probably any good O that faces them? Weird 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t understand how they are going to afford him,Hill, and Waddle and extend Tua.  Also why? Barrios was doing fine as a third option. Also how does this fox the D that was torched by the Bills and probably any good O that faces them? Weird 

It makes me wonder how much their elderly owner is calling shots

49 minutes ago, Beast said:

I can’t say I blame them. Character doesn’t matter to a team like the Chiefs who have two championships in recent years. Why not test your luck?

In the end Maholms and Reid are the reason the Chiefs win and if the Dolphins do it will be Tua and McDaniels. Not every move has worked when the Chiefs take these type of moves either. I genuinely am curious if the Chiefs would have made the trade for Toney for a 3rd today?  I know many on here were up in arms that the Bills didn't make that move last October and Beane looks correct today.  

We'll see if a 3rd change in coaching helps Claypool he has had a few flashes on the field and some troubling actions on and off it. I don't see WR as a need for Buffalo now especially not since they have to pay 2mil of Claypools salary and not a culture fit.  

25 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He played with likely future HOFer Roethlisberger his rookie year on a team that started 13-0

My bad....  All the more reason as we see what he did with a competent QB in his final season (#1 & 2 receivers were Juju and Diante Johnson).😉   

4 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

People here are seriously complaining?

The Bears. THE BEARS let him go. That in and of itself should tell you the actual value of the player.

The Bears let Roquan Smith go too so they could sign Tremaine Edmunds.

Maybe “the Bears thought this was smart” shouldn’t be our criteria?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

People here are seriously complaining?

The Bears. THE BEARS let him go. That in and of itself should tell you the actual value of the player.

People get frustrated (not me, but others on here) because the Fins are always taking swings. The trade for Hill worked out. The trade for Chubb last year at the deadline has not. But they are in a win-now mode and a lot of people would like to trade draft capital to take a swing for this year.

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Its a depth piece. Expiring deal and see if he fits, basically 0 trade comp.  If he doesn't fit or play well its easy to either dump him this year, or let him walk in FA.   

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

The Bears let Roquan Smith go too so they could sign Tremaine Edmunds.

Maybe “the Bears thought this was smart” shouldn’t be our criteria?

Sure, they aren't the model franchise to follow...BUT, since he's been gone, Fields and the offense have put up 30+ points in back-to-back games...

Whose to say they were better WITH Claypool?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

People get frustrated (not me, but others on here) because the Fins are always taking swings. The trade for Hill worked out. The trade for Chubb last year at the deadline has not. But they are in a win-now mode and a lot of people would like to trade draft capital to take a swing for this year.

A lot of people are truly clueless.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

First part of me lols and says he will tear them apart even more from the inside. 

second part of me is angered that we didn’t make that trade for him. It’s almost nothing. Should have taken a stab at it. 

I'm with the second part of you. Would have cost next to nothing to PS him. The guy needs to get his head straight but he had a good rookie year with a declining Ben and since then has not played in a good offence or with a good QB. Maybe Josh (and Diggs) could have helped turn him around. Dolphins have looming cap issues and we may not be in a position to resign Gabe.

• Disagree 2

17 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yes, their real weak spot is LBer. This solves nothing for them. Just a move to make a move really. But we have seen this from Miami for years and years. Saw some speculation that because of his size they may view him as a Deebo type. And that would be magnificent...take the ball out of Tua and Achane's hands as much as possible. I like that...for us.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm guessing because they want a WR with size considering most of their WR's are smaller. My question is how much and if he plays a significant role who is he taking reps from. 

They have Hill, Waddle, Achane is playing kind of a hybrid RB/WR right now and lines up in the slot a lot, and Berrios. I suppose Waddle and Claypool outside with Hill,Achane, Berrios playing the slot spots with Mostert and Wilson getting RB reps. Just sounds like their going to have a hard time getting everyone the amount of reps they want. Plus Claypool is a bust but going to an explosive offense might reinvigorate him a bit. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Yeah. Not enough WR. That was Miami's problem🤷🏻‍♂️

Isn't that, like... The strength of their team?

He is a different type of WR, he brings them size. We will see tho, if he is productive… he hasn’t been for a while

Edited by Bills Bud

28 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Seems the Bears offense got better the past 2 weeks when Claypool was a healthy scratch.

Very true but Claypool has some skill buried somewhere.   Just needs to get his head out his arse.  Maybe a 3rd scenery change will do the trick.

Swapping 6 and 7 rd picks mean Miami paid almost nothing.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

The dude has been a locker room issue for both teams he’s played on. 

K. And…

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

Yea take a stab at a player that’s on his 3rd team in 4 seasons. Steelers and Bears are telling the league this guy ain’t worth it!

K. And…

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agree with that. Thought he was going to be a star, hasn’t done crap since his rookie year and must be a problem in the lockerroom. 

but on paper, he fills a need for them and that nerd is a great play caller. I always like the mindset of never stop improving your team, especially with former high picks. 

Your the only one that seems to get it apparently. 

IF… this coaching staff is so amazing. And we trust them so much. We shouldn’t have a problem with taking a shot on the guy. Besides, trading a 6th round pick for a 7th round pick is practically nothing. Not to mention it would be a really late 6th rounder for a very early 7th rounder. You absolutely take a shot to see what you can get out of him. And if he doesn’t work out, or starts to be a problem in the locker room, you send him away. Hell, could just leave him at the airport in London and have him find his own way back. 

20 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I'm with the second part of you. Would have cost next to nothing to PS him. The guy needs to get his head straight but he had a good rookie year with a declining Ben and since then has not played in a good offence or with a good QB. Maybe Josh (and Diggs) could have helped turn him around. Dolphins have looming cap issues and we may not be in a position to resign Gabe.

This——^

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So you think he has the ability to ruin the inside of the Dolphins locker room.

And knowing that, you would want that in the Bills locker room?

Really. I don't think he has the ability to ruin the Bills locker room. Its just not that fragile. Bills are not the Bears. If he didn't shape up he'd be kicked to the curb immediately. Meanwhile he's a talented guy. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So you think he has the ability to ruin the inside of the Dolphins locker room.

And knowing that, you would want that in the Bills locker room?

See my post above. IF…. You think our coaching and locker room is so strong, you trust they can take a player and get him on the right track. If you don’t think that, he could be a problem. Worst case, you took a shot to better your team for almost nothing and can unload him for basically trading down less than 10 spots in the 7th round. Really not that big a deal. 

but yes, now that he’s in Miami I hope he is a cancer and they cannot handle it. But my guess is they will get better for it. 

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

Really. I don't think he has the ability to ruin the Bills locker room. Its just not that fragile. Bills are not the Bears. If he didn't shape up he'd be kicked to the curb immediately. Meanwhile he's a talented guy. 

When the locker room is so strong, why bring in someone like Claypool?  The guy has been criticized for lack of effort.  He's not very productive.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chase-claypool-apologized-to-teammates-coach-g-m-for-lack-of-effort-in-week-1

You don't think its a Gigantic red flag that this guy was traded for a second round pick and shipped him off after 10 games?

• Agree 1

I'm sure McDaniels' greasy snarky smirks and word salad will straighten this dude right out

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

See my post above. IF…. You think our coaching and locker room is so strong, you trust they can take a player and get him on the right track. If you don’t think that, he could be a problem. Worst case, you took a shot to better your team for almost nothing and can unload him for basically trading down less than 10 spots in the 7th round. Really not that big a deal. 

but yes, now that he’s in Miami I hope he is a cancer and they cannot handle it. But my guess is they will get better for it. 

In a Super Bowl promising year, I want them to focus on winning and not reviving a career of a guy kicked off of two teams.

He's not been very productive.

I don't want to bring in a guy who celebrates a first down with 25 seconds left in the game which runs more clock off.

I don't want a player who had to apologize to his teammates because of lack of effort on the field.

I don't want a player who kicks a man in a face who is on the ground at a bar fight.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2937925-tmz-steelers-chase-claypool-captured-on-video-kicking-man-in-face-in-bar-fight

Why take a chance on a distraction?  Just because he was a second round pick?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.