2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

they are dropping 7 every play, there is literally nowhere to throw the ball...they are daring him to throw it in the middle of the field.

then its dorseys freaking fault to call it up for his QB. theyre both bad for each other

7 minutes ago, Billznut said:

All the talk from the national media tomorrow will be how it would have been a much different game if Rodgers hadn’t been injured. It won’t matter if we win by 30 tonight. Media will have a huge asterisk on this one tomorrow. 

Let the media spin it as Bills gifted a win when Rhodes went down. That will delay the media crowning the Bills as the SB favorite like last year.  I rather the Bills be the underdogs who cannot possibly beat what team emerges from the nfc.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Not exactly sure what Josh is doing so far. He looks awful rusty. I don’t think these guys play enough snaps in preseason anymore.

He looks lost. He also is running for his life because the oline is terrible. Glad we wasted that pick on Elam and kept Spencer Brown. 

Just now, balln said:

allen sucking

bad INT

taking bad sacks

and just not pinpoint accurate. especially when you have to be when the field shrinks in RZ.

Same bills. theyll have a good record. wont win anything big

Playing the best defense in the NFL, and perhaps the best we’ve seen since the legion of boom

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Unfortunately this is what happens when you barely play in pre-season.  The games yesterday were mostly awful.

That's a lot of it,  alright.  Still,  13 points and 188 yards against arguably the best defense in the league.  It could be a hell of a lot worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

Frustrating finish to that drive.

But, the good news is that we have a 2 score lead on the road against a good defense at the half and we haven't played our best yet.  Hopefully we can get things turned around at the half and come out and finish these drives with TDs instead of FGs in the 2nd half.  We're moving the ball OK, but we need more out of the offense in the 2nd.

And, as bad as the defense has been on a few plays, only giving up 3 is good stuff.  We'll take only giving up 3 in the 2nd half too.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I dunno Josh has not played well but he made an incredible play for the touchdown. 

I just want him to settle and get into a rhythm. He hasn't been there since the middle of last season.

I don't think he's playing poorly. He has made some nice plays. He's on the road vs a very good D. He's under a bit of pressure too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Realist said:

You guys do know this Jets defense is kind of good.

I think we all knew it was going to be like this 

could be better with touch on pass too Cook.   Need to hit that.  More important,  need to slide when near 1st down!!  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

allen sucking

bad INT

taking bad sacks

and just not pinpoint accurate. especially when you have to be when the field shrinks in RZ.

Same bills. theyll have a good record. wont win anything big

Same ballin. He'll have a lot of posts, but they'll all be 💩posts.

Just now, appoo said:

Playing the best defense in the NFL, and perhaps the best we’ve seen since the legion of boom

Didn't know if I should give this one a trophy or a laugh! :D :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1