The Bills need worse recievers

Zerovoltz

That isn't a typo.

Josh Allen is elite now.  Diggs served his purpose, much like Tyreek Hill served his in Kansas City.  They gave shooting star QB's reliable, talented targets they could confidently throw to, helping to establish confidence and develop the QB's mental game.  

Hill complained after being traded (at least he watied to make this public when he was already gone) that he wasn't being focused on enough, or getting enough targets...etc.

The Chiefs traded him away, used the assets and cap space to improve other parts of the team, AND then went out and performed even better on offense.  I strongly believe that a reason why this happend is becasue Mahomes was entirely free to run each and every play with the idea that making the most optimal throw is what mattered.  Not to massage an ego or placate a guy wanting a larger role etc.  You can make a strong case KC's WR room isn't any great shakes.  I'd agree with that.  They don't need to be.  Zach Wilson isn't our QB....and he's not the Bills QB either.  Josh Freaking Allen is.  Allen doesn't need elite, high cots WR's to shine now.   

I know the Bills are committed to this season as an all in, all chips to the middle of the table type season....that's fine.  I wouldn't even say that it's a bad idea....but I think it would be better if you moved Diggs for all you could possibly get, go sign a couple vets who need to prove it, who have maybe some low self esteem because they've fallen out of favor due to injury etc....get a couple mid level guys who you know are good pros.  Let ALLEN run the team.. let HIM dictate the best place for the ball to go.  It's his job to run as efficient, well managed offense as he possibly can....not make sure pouting WR's see the ball X number of times a game.

Use the resources to add to your team in areas that Allen doesn't directly impact, like the defense etc.  If the guys work out...they move on, sign big deal somewhere else...and you reload with a couple more dudes who need to prove it again.  There is never a shortage of these guys and they overplay their contracts consistantly.  Plus, you'll be supplimenting these WR's with WR's you draft who are cheap and cost controlled.  

ALLEN is it. He's why you are 3rd best odds to win Super Bowl this upcoming season.. LEAN INTO IT.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 7
  • Eyeroll 10
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

Dead cap hit…. Is a thing 

Obv  just giving you a hard time. You’re a great poster here with an awesome KC perspective… While I understand the thought process, it just makes less than zero sense to move Diggs for multiple multiple reasons 

Edited by Bills of Boston
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

That isn't a typo.

Josh Allen is elite now.  Diggs served his purpose, much like Tyreek Hill served his in Kansas City.  They gave shooting star QB's reliable, talented targets they could confidently throw to, helping to establish confidence and develop the QB's mental game.  

Hill complained after being traded (at least he watied to make this public when he was already gone) that he wasn't being focused on enough, or getting enough targets...etc.

The Chiefs traded him away, used the assets and cap space to improve other parts of the team, AND then went out and performed even better on offense.  I strongly believe that a reason why this happend is becasue Mahomes was entirely free to run each and every play with the idea that making the most optimal throw is what mattered.  Not to massage an ego or placate a guy wanting a larger role etc.  You can make a strong case KC's WR room isn't any great shakes.  I'd agree with that.  They don't need to be.  Zach Wilson isn't our QB....and he's not the Bills QB either.  Josh Freaking Allen is.  Allen doesn't need elite, high cots WR's to shine now.   

I know the Bills are committed to this season as an all in, all chips to the middle of the table type season....that's fine.  I wouldn't even say that it's a bad idea....but I think it would be better if you moved Diggs for all you could possibly get, go sign a couple vets who need to prove it, who have maybe some low self esteem because they've fallen out of favor due to injury etc....get a couple mid level guys who you know are good pros.  Let ALLEN run the team.. let HIM dictate the best place for the ball to go.  It's his job to run as efficient, well managed offense as he possibly can....not make sure pouting WR's see the ball X number of times a game.

Use the resources to add to your team in areas that Allen doesn't directly impact, like the defense etc.  If the guys work out...they move on, sign big deal somewhere else...and you reload with a couple more dudes who need to prove it again.  There is never a shortage of these guys and they overplay their contracts consistantly.  Plus, you'll be supplimenting these WR's with WR's you draft who are cheap and cost controlled.  

ALLEN is it. He's why you are 3rd best odds to win Super Bowl this upcoming season.. LEAN INTO IT.

Easy to trade Hill when you still have the greatest TE in the history of American football.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

That isn't a typo.

I pray this is an April fools post.  If not then I need to think of something to call you without being banned.

Idk. I think Josh SHOULD force the ball to Diggs. Look what happened when they stopped doing that. It seems like the Bills win when Diggs puts up a good stat line. I don’t think the answer is getting rid of the only elite skill player on this team and only sure-handed receiver. I do agree that they definitely need to allocate resources elsewhere (not the defense) specifically the offensive line. I’m in the minority here, but I think the skill players are just fine. Watch everybody become good all of the sudden when Allen has time to throw and the RBs start getting lanes. Seems guys like Brady/Manning/Brees got it done w/ whoever their entire careers. The common denominator is they all had good O-Lines. Maybe I’m old school, but build the trenches. Beane had the RIGHT idea for the D-Line, he just didn’t hit on any of those picks. 

What's good for KC isn't necessarily good for the Bills.

As much as anyone else, Diggs changed the culture here and was integral to making this team a contender.  He gives opposing DC's a ton of challenges.  I hope he's here for the rest of his career.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

this theory might make sense if we were getting production from sources other than Diggs now but we're not. Thats essentially the crux of the problem.

Poor production from wr2, wr3, etc. Diggs is our only truly dependable option & if we got rid of him & added more Gabe Davis's instead, we'd just be dropping the ball... very much like he does.

If anything this situation calls for another Diggs to be added to the team (if that were possible). Perhaps theres a solid wr we can add to our team instead?

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

That isn't a typo.

I agree, the QB makes the WR not the other way around unless you have Zach Wilson at QB. I think we need to continue on the OL and DL.

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I can spot a humble brag pretty easily.  Just pointing out the major flaw in his free advice.

His entire Schtick is to be pro buffalo but he’s a chiefs fans 

and I can respect chiefs fans because I went to KC and they treated me very well … top notch honestly 

But at the end of the day I’ve never rooted for another team besides the bills in professional football 

he’s a chiefs fan on a bills forum … even if @Zerovoltz is a good guy ✌️🙏 and a good contributor here

11 hours ago, chongli said:

Well, actually there is typo 😂 (but I digress).

This guy posts clown remarks to drive Bills fans crazy as he is a trol from another team.  Pick you’re AFCE opponent who feels inadequate.

Or if memory serves I think he might be a Chiefs fan.  It doesn’t matter.  It’s why I never bother going to other teams boards as it’s a waste of time and I have better things to do.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

That isn't a typo.

I hear a trade for Kelce is in the works for the Chiefs, because Mahomes no longer needs a sure-handed physical always-open elite guy he really trusts.

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You have Travis Kelce.  A more likely scenario is what happened to Aaron Rodgers this last season when Davante Adams left.

No, no!  Mahomes doesn't need Kelce any more.  He's being traded to the Chargers.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, brianthomas said:

this theory might make sense if we were getting production from sources other than Diggs now but we're not. Thats essentially the crux of the problem.

Poor production from wr2, wr3, etc. Diggs is our only truly dependable option & if we got rid of him & added more Gabe Davis's instead, we'd just be dropping the ball... very much like he does.

If anything this situation calls for another Diggs to be added to the team (if that were possible). Perhaps theres a solid wr we can add to our team instead?

Come on, Davis hasn't had poor production at all. Not great production is very different from poor production.

Particularly for a 3rd year 4th rounder whose injury caused him to miss two games and play hobbled in two more. On Cover1 today, Ant pointed out that if that injury hadn't happened, he'd likely have put up a thousand yards and the narrative would be very different.

Agreed adding a solid WR would be very good. I doubt Zerovoltz would disagree either with that part of your post.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

This guy posts clown remarks to drive Bills fans crazy as he is a trol from another team.  Pick you’re AFCE opponent who feels inadequate.

Or if memory serves I think he might be a Chiefs fan.  It doesn’t matter.  It’s why I never bother going to other teams boards as it’s a waste of time and I have better things to do.

He is a Chiefs fan. He's not a troll. However, it was April 1st, and that's worth considering.

Edited by Thurman#1

“Need”……No.

Not sure why people continue to use that word.  As if there is only one way to win a Lombardi. 

We “need” to go through the playoffs without a loss and there a several ways this team can accomplish this.  Not one, as you suggest with the word need.  

end of thread. 

All you need is one of the best ever to play the game at TE, a guy who is literally impossible to stop and boom, WRs don’t really matter.  Kelce makes that team work on O, he can block, and he’s an absolute nightmare as a receiver.  He’s better than Gronk and arguably could be the very best ever at TE.  When you have that, WRs are a bonus.   KC is smart in going after speed to stretch D’s out and dump to Kelce under it all, nobody else has that.  Would be nice if we did, or if our OC would recognize a horrible line and call for a quick throw game, but we have none of that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

That isn't a typo.

This has got to be an April fools.  If this logic were sound, we would've been fine with the WR corps we had last season.  We weren't.  We were pulling guys out of retirement.