Anyone think the Steelers can beat KC?

bills6969

(Disclaimer: this post does not imply that we have already beaten NE nor do I think it will be an easy game)

Our path to the Super Bowl sky rockets if the Steelers could somehow upset KC. I’m not liking our chances of going to KC and Tenn back 2 back weeks and winning.

the Steelers are playing with house money.  Big Ben is playing with some magic as he finishes his swan song season. TJ watt is a beast and is finally heathy again. Pitt got curb- stomped at KC a few weeks ago and it’s tough to beat the same team twice like that.  KC might be overlooking them.

With that said,  any hope Pitt can take down KC?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

(Disclaimer: this post does not imply that we have already beaten NE nor do I think it will be an easy game)

Our path to the Super Bowl sky rockets if the Steelers could somehow upset KC. I’m not liking our chances of going to KC and Tenn back 2 back weeks and winning.

the Steelers are playing with house money.  Big Ben is playing with some magic as he finishes his swan song season. TJ watt is a beast and is finally heathy again. Pitt got curb- stomped at KC a few weeks ago and it’s tough to beat the same team twice like that.  KC might be overlooking them.

Absolutely, TJ Watt needs to feast on Kermit and force turnovers that hopefully end in TDs.

• Like (+1) 2

I doubt it but it would be nice. Bills would get a 2nd home game against the Bengals or Raiders. The Steelers are one of the few teams that could go into TEN and match the Titans physical style. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers beat the Titans. Unfortunately I don't see them getting by KC.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Our path to the Super Bowl sky rockets if the Steelers could somehow upset KC. I’m not liking our chances of going to KC and Tenn back 2 back weeks and winning..

The game will be competitive for a while as Tomlin would have worked up his team into a frenzy. That will work itself off by second Q and Chiefs will proceed to put the game out of reach by end of 3rd Q.

Let us worry only about our next game

Any given Sunday and all that but probably not.  Steeler's best hope is to keep it close and hope for a game changing play later in the game, like let's say, a blocked punt?  Plus Watt is an X factor.  If Mahomes gets knocked around early and starts hearing footsteps, you never know

having said that, KC wins this running away i expect

• Agree 1

Yes anything is possible and the chiefs have also shown some serious concerns the last few weeks with Mahomes having several INT's dropped and the defense looking like a sieve again against one playoff team and Broncos who have struggled on offense all season.

Regardless of the outcome of this matchup I would be surprised if the Steelers get boatraced again and expect a much closer game than last months affair.

Also important to note that if the Steelers pull off the upset that guarantees the Bills a 2nd home game next week should they advance against the winner of Bengals/Raiders.

• Like (+1) 1

I know the BBFS is strong in a lot of you but best case scenario for me is:

Beat NE at home (go 1-0 in playoffs versus NE)

Beat KC on road (avenge AFCCG loss)

Beat Cinci at home (other team to beat the Bills in an AFCCG)  or TN on road (MCM revenge)

Beat Tampa in SB (obvious)

I don't want any part of the Raiders or Steelers.......or Cinci before the AFCCG......those are games the team might not get up for and won't be as fun to beat.

• Like (+1) 1

Steelers need to imitate the Bucs defensive gameplan from the super bowl. If they can pressure Mahomes & limit him, they could possibly squeak out a win. It'd probably still take a Pitt Defensive or ST TD to outscore them.

29 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

As much of a chance as the Jags bouncing the Colts out of the play-offs  

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Wouldn't we play the Steelers if they did pull the upset ??

No. The Steelers are the lowest seed and would travel to the #1 seed Titans. Bills (assuming they beat NE) would get the Bengals-Raiders winner in OP.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Here's why I think the Steelers have at least a puncher's chance:

1 - KC O just isn't what it used to be (although Pitt D isn't either)

2 - KC D is average at best (8th in PA but 27th in YA); they give up 4.8 yds/rush which is 2nd worst in the league, and 5.9 yards/play (also 2nd worst).

3 - Steelers are a veteran team with a coach who seems to know how to push the right buttons

4 - TJ Watt

Now, do I think the Steelers will win?  No.  But it would not "shock" me if they did, and I don't expect a KC blowout.  I think Pitt can dink and dunk down the field on this D using short passes and Harris runs; the key is stopping KC enough to keep it close.

Not betting the game.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.