Anyone think the Steelers can beat KC?

bills6969

This game will be close.  Chiefs are a fragile team - they are like the Bills - punch them in the face first and they have a hard time recovering. 

You can run *and* pass on that defense, and their OL is down Niang.   

If the Steelers can escape the first quarter without a double digit deficit, they are in business.  

His receivers need to catch the ball.  Their dropsies are a killer.  

43 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

No. 

Football fans got robbed when Raiders won Sunday night.

Robbed of what? If Hebert and the Chargers were that good they would have beaten a "bad" Raiders team in a win and get in game (took a miracle just to get to OT), and they wouldn't have gotten blown out by the Texans and Broncos...

Yes the Steelers stink, so do the chargers 

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

This.   If Pitt can barely beat a badly hobbled Ravens team ,  it doesn’t bode well for them going against a mostly full strength KC team that already smoked this season .

Pittsburgh beat the Ravens by more points than the Packers and Rams combined....

• Eyeroll 1

Big Ben will be motivated to make good on getting an unexpected opportunity to erase the arguably worst game played all year, and I’m sure the team will similarly want to rally around that—so yeah, in a league where the worst and the best are separated by just a few plays per game, I like the Steelers to surprise a few people. 

I think the Chiefs and Bills both got very very favorable wild card matchups.  

I am wondering about the weather in Buffalo, but I do believe you'll beat down the PATS, setting up a division round matchup of BUG VS KC.  I believe the winner goes to the Super Bowl.  

I think there is a small chance the Raiders win in Cincy.  ....and then a better chance the Raiders win in Nashville.  the Raiders D line is a bad matchup for BOTH those teams but, not for KC and not so bad for the Bills either.  

I predict Buffalo VS KC for the right to HOST the AFCCG.  I just don't see the Titans getting it done.

• Like (+1) 1

yes cuz denver almost did and would have if they had not fumbled deep in KC territory which resulted in a TD return by the KC defense and was the difference in a close game...further had Den won Bills and KC would have been tied in standing and Bills win tiebreaker based on head-to-head play - but alas...but possible not likely

14 minutes ago, Process said:

Robbed of what? If Hebert and the Chargers were that good they would have beaten a "bad" Raiders team in a win and get in game (took a miracle just to get to OT), and they wouldn't have gotten blown out by the Texans and Broncos...

Pittsburgh beat the Ravens by more points than the Packers and Rams combined....

a non-sequitur.  

3 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I think the Chiefs and Bills both got very very favorable wild card matchups.  

I am wondering about the weather in Buffalo, but I do believe you'll beat down the PATS, setting up a division round matchup of BUG VS KC.  I believe the winner goes to the Super Bowl.  

I think there is a small chance the Raiders win in Cincy.  ....and then a better chance the Raiders win in Nashville.  the Raiders D line is a bad matchup for BOTH those teams but, not for KC and not so bad for the Bills either.  

I predict Buffalo VS KC for the right to HOST the AFCCG.  I just don't see the Titans getting it done.

Good chance the divisional round is BUF vs KC and CIN vs TEN. The Bengals can certainly go into TEN and beat the Titans.  I could see the winner of BUF-KC hosting the AFCCG assuming they both win this weekend.

2 hours ago, bills6969 said:

(Disclaimer: this post does not imply that we have already beaten NE nor do I think it will be an easy game)

Our path to the Super Bowl sky rockets if the Steelers could somehow upset KC. I’m not liking our chances of going to KC and Tenn back 2 back weeks and winning.

the Steelers are playing with house money.  Big Ben is playing with some magic as he finishes his swan song season. TJ watt is a beast and is finally heathy again. Pitt got curb- stomped at KC a few weeks ago and it’s tough to beat the same team twice like that.  KC might be overlooking them.

With that said,  any hope Pitt can take down KC?

No.

2 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Why not?  They beat the Bills... if they get that same pass rush against KC, it's very possible

No its not.  The Chiefs are going to roll over a very mediocre Steelers team 38-13.  Bye Bye Big Ben.  Go away.  And we will see you in Canton in about 5-6 years.

Yes, but only if lots of things go their way.

Think of what the Steelers did to US.

They have a great front 7 and if they can prevent Mahomes from getting in a groove, they have a shot.

Then you have turnovers, which can always alter the outcome of any game if that breaks Pittsburgh's way.

Unlikely, but possible.

• Like (+1) 1

Steelers need to hammer that run game more and not fall down early. Harris was pretty good against them the first time but i'm not sure the defense ever stopped mahomes. it would have to be a game where the d scored or put the offense in scoring range twice and steelers just hammered the run game. 

100%. Pittsburgh is bad mouthed because of Big Ben but they have a very good RB and decent skill position players with a superb defense and solid coaching. People forget playoffs are all about just that week and surviving. KC didn't finish as hot as mid season and I can easily see if PIT gets an early lead they turn this into a ball control clock game to limit possessions. Also teams reallyyyyy don't like being embarrassed and they can exact some revenge for a few weeks ago.

Finally I feel like every post season there is a game or two where people write off a team and then are surprised. There are no gimmees in the post season especially, I am sure Tomlin has the Steelers jacked up after a week of people saying "this week is a bye week for KC"

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, bills6969 said:

(Disclaimer: this post does not imply that we have already beaten NE nor do I think it will be an easy game)

Our path to the Super Bowl sky rockets if the Steelers could somehow upset KC. I’m not liking our chances of going to KC and Tenn back 2 back weeks and winning.

the Steelers are playing with house money.  Big Ben is playing with some magic as he finishes his swan song season. TJ watt is a beast and is finally heathy again. Pitt got curb- stomped at KC a few weeks ago and it’s tough to beat the same team twice like that.  KC might be overlooking them.

With that said,  any hope Pitt can take down KC?

I just cant see it

11 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Any team can beat any team, and the Steelers Defense could steal a game, but it seems like the least likely upset of this weekend.  If I were guessing I'd say maybe they win this game 1 in 6 or 7 (which is pretty close to the Vegas odds of +500)

And yet look at some of the games on the last day of the season! 

Look at the Bills vs. Jacksonville.

Upsets happen!  I agree, low odds though.

I'm still holding out hope though, b/c it would be just incredible if someone like Pittsburgh took care of KC for us.

I will definitely watch that game with a LOT of interest---at least until KC goes up by 30.

😂

32 minutes ago, corta765 said:

100%. Pittsburgh is bad mouthed because of Big Ben but they have a very good RB and decent skill position players with a superb defense and solid coaching. People forget playoffs are all about just that week and surviving. KC didn't finish as hot as mid season and I can easily see if PIT gets an early lead they turn this into a ball control clock game to limit possessions. Also teams reallyyyyy don't like being embarrassed and they can exact some revenge for a few weeks ago.

Finally I feel like every post season there is a game or two where people write off a team and then are surprised. There are no gimmees in the post season especially, I am sure Tomlin has the Steelers jacked up after a week of people saying "this week is a bye week for KC"

i don’t get the criticism of Big Ben. He obviously has lost some juice. But the guy still makes clutch plays and can Chuck it down field if given time. I would put money on the fact that he could throw the ball further than Mac Jones. I also think if you put him on the colts, they would probably be better than they were this past year with wentz. (He actually threw for more yards than Wentz).

His big issue is being handcuffed by a really green and mostly meh line, and the team trying to protect him from getting hit. He just cannot take a hit at this point in his career. But you wonder with this being his last hurrah, the team will Open it up and let him Chuck it down field. KC pass defense can be sliced up. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i don’t get the criticism of Big Ben. He obviously has lost some juice. But the guy still makes clutch plays and can Chuck it down field if given time. I would put money on the fact that he could throw the ball further than Mac Jones. I also think if you put him on the colts, they would probably be better than they were this past year with wentz. (He actually threw for more yards than Wentz).

His big issue is being handcuffed by a really green and mostly meh line, and the team trying to protect him from getting hit. He just cannot take a hit at this point in his career. But you wonder with this being his last hurrah, the team will Open it up and let him Chuck it down field. KC pass defense can be sliced up. 

Sometimes a team is most dangerous when they really are playing with nothing to lose. Like you said in a one game win and move on situation what do the Steelers have to lose.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Process said:

Robbed of what?  🤦‍♂️ Really? Herbert is the new Josh Allen of the League. Watch and see if he isn’t a premiere discussion throughout the offseason. Rapelisberger? 
Graveyard.

Do I think the Steelers *can* beat KC? Yes - it is possible. Strange things happen, come playoff time. Steelers D isn't bad at all, and if Big Ben and their running game come to play, the Steelers CAN pull it off. Any given sunday, and all that.

Do I think it's LIKELY? Not particularly.

To be honest - I don't have a dog in that fight. At this point, I'm just hoping the Bills win and move on. 

Don't care what happens anywhere else - because I think the Bills can dance with (and beat) any of them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.