Beast Mode will be the Bills Legend of the game this Sunday

OrtonHearsaWho

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

Lynch is an NFL legend who played for the Bills, but he's not a Bills legend.  Thus, although I like what Lynch has "matured" into, I don't see him being the right guy for this kind of honor.  In Seattle, yes, in Buffalo no.  That said, I'm most interested in what goes in during the 60 minutes of the game and don't expend too much mental energy on fluff stuff like this.  The coaches and players can focus on the Colts and the marketing department can focus on Marshawn Lynch.

I'm sure Marshawn's wallet say's differently.

I do think he will enjoy himself doing this too.  Could see him jumping through a table or two.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

20 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I love it.  Always liked Lynch.  

As a person, I always respected how he went his own way too.  

Never liked or respected lynch, he hated it here and never embraced the fans or the city. I remember him wearing a raiders hat on the sideline and then he was begging Aaron Rodgers to talk Green Bay into trading for him and getting him out of Buffalo. Then the drunken hit and run to stealing out of a woman’s purse. Idk why we ever drafted him. Jackson was much better and unlike Lynch, Jackson embraced Buffalo

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

There are guys who I don’t hold anything against when it came to forcing their way out of Buffalo because the organization was a joke for so long and treated players/coaches/personnel like crap.

Lynch and Mario Williams are 2 guys I’ll always be a fan of. 

I agree with this.  He always played hard.  

It was pretty clear that the Bills were stuck being a below-average team and would not be relevant anytime soon under their management and coaching.  

Lynch getting traded led to the most notoriety and best seasons of his career with Seattle, as well as a short stint with his childhood team.  

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t think his ties to buffalo are worth mentioning. He wasn’t a legend here outside off the field stuff. Almost all fans who aren’t Bills fans don’t even remember he played here a short time 

He had some good years in Buffalo. Two 1,000 yard seasons. 7 TD's in 2007 and 8 in 2008. He went to a pro bowl in 2008. He also had 300 yards receiving and a receiving TD in 2008.

But he certainly isn't a Bills legend and it ended pretty badly with him due to his off the field issues and trade.

But I have no problem with him coming to Buffalo. He is an NFL great and that started in Buffalo, and it is nice of him to remember where it all started for him. I have nothing against him.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

But I have no problem with him coming to Buffalo. He is an NFL great and that started in Buffalo, and it is nice of him to remember where it all started for him. I have nothing against him.

This is my feeling too.  He didn't become the legend that is Beastmode here in Buffalo, but it started here.  And maybe if the team on and off the field wasn't a mess, him and Freddie could have been the best one-two punch at RB in Bills history.

There may be some sour feelings amongst fans, but Jackson and Lynch are still very good friends so it wasn't anything personal about him the locker room.

• Like (+1) 2

I was always under the impression that it was the organization that pushed Marshawn out of Buffalo vs. the other way around.  I remember good ole Buddy saying he wanted a water bug for a RB (CJ Spiller) and the rest was history (Culminating in Marshawn being showcased in his last game against Green Bay.. which I believe was Trent Edwards last game too).  I felt like Marshawn always embraced Buffalo (and sometimes a little too much because of his antics on Chippewa) and us fans did the same too.  (I always felt he was our best play especially those 2006 - 2008 seasons)

With that said, I tend to agree that the idea of Marshawn Lynch being a legend of the game feels like a stretch and personally, there are only a handful (if that many) players that the organization should pay tribute to as part of those drought years 

Well that's pretty darn cool, IMO.  He probably feels a little differently about his time here, having grown up significantly between then and now.  Very cool!

Has Fred Jackson done one of these legends things yet?  Love me some Fred Jackson!

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts

3 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Meh. I’d hardly call him a Bill, nor a legend here. He wanted out of Buffalo.

his legend status came while playing for the Seahawks. Fred was a better RB than him in Buffalo.  

they were both great in Buffalo, and brought different aspects.  The Spiller pick was head scratching in its stupidity.  

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I agree with all of this - especially the part about Fred being better.

And I didn't appreciate Lynch's antics off the field or his hole move-to-Toronto thing. 

But I did greatly appreciate how hard he ran.  

this is a great point.  He was a great player on the field, but he made it clear he did not want to be here.  Why on earth is Pegs brining him to Lead the Charge or whatever.  Just nonsense.  

1 hour ago, Heels20X6 said:

This is my feeling too.  He didn't become the legend that is Beastmode here in Buffalo, but it started here.  And maybe if the team on and off the field wasn't a mess, him and Freddie could have been the best one-two punch at RB in Bills history.

There may be some sour feelings amongst fans, but Jackson and Lynch are still very good friends so it wasn't anything personal about him the locker room.

that's good to know.  The front office was a disaster at that point, perhaps it came from Buddy Nix and his incomprehensible inability to spot talent unless he was giving it away for nothing.  

Would have loved to see him stay in B/lo especially with what they have now & i really don't know why they didn't ask him to come out of retirement & retire as a Bill he may be able to get another ring god knows we need a bit bigger back with some power it sure couldn't hurt ! 

7 hours ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Just saw this on twitter...

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/marshawn-lynch-set-to-return-to-buffalo-as-the-bills-legend-of-the-game-week-11

Some folks here aren't a fan but I've always loved Lynch & glad he was able to get a ring.

That’s nice, glad a small step towards righting a wrong is taking place.

6 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

I think it’s a weird choice. I don’t at all view him as a Bill, especially not a Bills legend.

With that being said I have no hard feelings and pumping up the crowd before the game is right up his alley. Looking forward to Sunday.

Why would you or anyone have hard feelings? He should never have been traded.

• Agree 1

Lynch is NOT a Bills legend, nor us Jarus Byrd, same bs. 

Why would the Bills do thus and why would get accept?

Skittles must need the ad space. 

Rob Riddick was more legend, Kenneth Davis, Moulds, Spielman, Fina, Brown, heck, Howard Ballard is a bigger legend, Pete Metzalars, and 100 more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

What was the story?  Something about a girl, a police officer, and returning a stolen license or something lol

On 11/16/2021 at 6:28 PM, Mynamemike said:

Marshawn is an odd pick IMO. Has Kyle Williams ever led the charge since he retired?  I’d love to see him lead the charge in the AFC championship game this year! Place would go bonkers!  🍻🇺🇸✌️

Playoffs we unleash Kyle!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/16/2021 at 8:27 AM, Mat68 said:

He is a legend.  He didn't draft Spiller and trade himself for a bag of bagels.  Bills Mafia started/ coined Beastmode.  He will be called that the remainder of his life.  I hope he gets a big welcome.  Its where it all started.  

Just like 12th man that Seattle stole from the Bills.

Haters gonna hate.  Marshawn Lynch is a Legend.  Buffalo drafted him in the First Rd.  Had multiple 1,000 yards season and went to his first pro bowl as a Bill.   Listening to Marshawn talk with Pat Mcafee and others I bet he would admit some mistakes as a young player in Buffalo.

Buffalo has a history of good players leaving and being successful elsewhere.  The team was cheap and caused them not to win.  Lynch was is a guy.  Be an organization that respects that.  Dont be bitter like Detroit and have your best players in history boycott you. 

On 11/16/2021 at 2:15 PM, Bills92 said:

I was always under the impression that it was the organization that pushed Marshawn out of Buffalo vs. the other way around.  I remember good ole Buddy saying he wanted a water bug for a RB (CJ Spiller) and the rest was history (Culminating in Marshawn being showcased in his last game against Green Bay.. which I believe was Trent Edwards last game too).  I felt like Marshawn always embraced Buffalo (and sometimes a little too much because of his antics on Chippewa) and us fans did the same too.  (I always felt he was our best play especially those 2006 - 2008 seasons)

With that said, I tend to agree that the idea of Marshawn Lynch being a legend of the game feels like a stretch and personally, there are only a handful (if that many) players that the organization should pay tribute to as part of those drought years 

Actually it was Chan who said he wanted a water bug for his offence. Daniel Jeremiah was the only analyst who predicted Spiller at #9. Given our backfield at the time everybody thought he was crazy. In fact he understood that our front office was crazy.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.