Breaking News: Odell Beckham is set to be released

Protocal69

I am in the camp of wanting him on the Bills if we can somehow make it work, I just don't see how that's possible. It only takes one bad team with a lot of cap space to decide they want to take a chance on him. The Jaguars have plenty of cap space, a rookie QB that could use some help, a coach fighting for his job, and very few offensive weapons. Why wouldn't they claim him? The only possibility is if Beckham puts it out there that he will not play for any team that claims him but we haven't heard anything like that at this point.

And even if he becomes available to sign we only have about $4 million in cap space. Most contenders are in the same boat. I suppose there are ways for us to make cap space but I don't know... seems like too many things in the way of us signing him for it to be realistic. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They said the same thing about Randy Moss in Oakland 

OBJ had 3 great seasons out of the box.  2 decent ones subsequent to that and missed 25 of 64 starts in 4 seasons.  He has 16 TDs in the past 5 years. 

Moss's 5 seasons before he went to NE?  missed only 6 starts, 3 seasons over 1000 (including 1347 and 1632) and caught 48 TDs.

Here's what no one is saying:  "OBJ is the next Randy Moss"...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Not accurate imo.  Ive seen multiple breakdowns weeks ago breaking down OBJ and Mayfield.  Play designs vs coverages.  Odell is running the defense beater route.  He is open for a big play and Mayfield looks at the wrong side of the field.  Multiple times in multiple games.  My father is a Browns fan so I watch them more than any other team.  Its a weird situation.  

OBJ would thrive with Buffalos offense and Allen as a qb.  He is probably 10 to 15% less than what his peak was.  He still would be by far the second best wr on the team.  Buffalo is pass first and Beckham would have a opportunity to make plays.   

Yeah?  watch the Vid !!

The Browns run a Rhythm and timing scheme and Aditi says just because a player looks open on the field...that may not be the spot he is supposed to be at! 

Besides that,

2020 stats 7 games, 43 targets, 23 receptions, 319 yards, 3 TDs. A 53.5 catch percentage!

2021 stats, 6 games, 34 targets, 17 receptions, 232 yards, 0 TDs. A 50.0 catch percentage!

IMHO, ODB JR would be by far be the 4th or 5th best receiver on the Bills! All the Buffalo Bills receivers have a better catch percentage! 

As stated earlier in this thread by many. The first time he doesn't get as many touches as he thinks he should get... he may yet again turn into a malcontent with his father posting vids about how open he is.

NO THANKS! 

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Yeah?  watch the Vid !!

The Browns run a Rhythm and timing scheme and Aditi says just because a player looks open on the field...that may not be the spot he is supposed to be at! 

Besides that,

2020 stats 7 games, 43 targets, 23 receptions, 319 yards, 3 TDs. A 53.5 catch percentage!

2021 stats, 6 games, 34 targets, 17 receptions, 232 yards, 0 TDs. A 50.0 catch percentage!

IMHO, ODB JR would be by far be the 4th or 5th best receiver on the Bills! All the Buffalo Bills receivers have a better catch percentage! 

As stated earlier in this thread by many. The first time he doesn't get as many touches as he thinks he should get... he may yet again turn into a malcontent with his father posting vids about how open he is.

NO THANKS! 

I dont buy it.  Cleveland like they should is standing behind Mayfield.  On the field.  Win and produce.  I think he does both here.  If Cleveland was 5-2 I believe he is still in Cleveland.  Allen would be the best qb he has ever played with.  Heck first few weeks put him in Mckenzies role on offense.  Jet sweeps and such. 

Keep him off the other contenders.  Maybe someone else claims him. 

Odell’s representation should be calling Beane asking us to take him for the year. He’ll be a good guy I promise. It could be a win / win . He’d be nice insurance . How would a team play us with Diggs, Sanders, Beasley & Beckham. Knox as a sixth blocker that can also release. Odell can become the best version of himself 😀

He hated Cleveland the city so I don’t think he would be that into another Midwestern city like Buffalo, KC, or Green Bay though a chance to win probably helps. Get ready to see him sign with one of the LA teams, Arizona, LV or New Orleans assuming he clears waivers.

38 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Can’t believe the Bills are even in the conversation.   Would almost pick them dead last as a possible landing spot against teams that still have a pulse. 

Doesn't mean they're interested. I read one article listed about 10 teams that may  sign him. These writers don't know anything

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think there’s a good chance he ends up singing with us. Diggs was very supportive of Odell leaving Cleveland, wouldn’t be surprised at all if he or other players are trying to recruit him to come down here. 

Of course it all depends on what salary commitment you’d be taking on, but …

… at some point, good teams (the Bills) need to get used to doing what good teams do, and that sometimes means taking a flyer on a very talented malcontent. The Pats did it many times (Moss at the time, a short lived experiment with AB, etc), the Bucs are doing it now, etc, etc. When that winning character is established you can afford to take the occasional chance on a guy like Beckham. And you need to take a few chances to get that little extra that may just mean the difference in the playoffs. 
In other words, I’d love to see him come to Buffalo. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m curious if he clears waivers or if someone claims him off waivers to make sure they get him.  

I bet he clears waivers though.  I think the most likely landing spots (in no particular order) are going to be:

KC (so desperate for a WR they signed Gordon)

Saints (only team to at least inquire about a trade before deadline for OBJ)

Raiders (just lost Ruggs)

Ravens (Still need more help at WR)

Patriots (Need better receiving weapon)

Packers (obvious need at WR).

Outside chance teams:  Niners, Colts, Bills, Eagles.

If I had to place a bet, I think it’s the Packers.  He wants to win, they want to go all in on Rodgers likely last season in GB, and they are a clear favorite in the NFC.  Not only do they need a WR, but they just their starting TE for the season in Tonyan.

As a Pats fan I don’t want him. Now I’m not saying he isn’t a great player I just feel he would hurt the development of Jones by wanting the ball fed to him constantly. 

I agree with GB needing a WR but haven’t they always needed one? They never seem to get one. 

I would say the team gets him is the Saints, need someone that can get open for Simeon lol

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Nineforty said:

Yeah, what don't you get? 

Well it's pretty dumb...  we've done plenty of losing so, maybe we can win.

I'm not saying he would make us win, that's up for debate, and I have no clue I'd hed help or hurt.... but if beane likes it I'm on board.

Dudes a diva but you saying you'd rather lose without, than win with makes zero sense. He didn't rape or kill anyone. He's not hitting women or breaking his kids arm.... soooo this take makes no sense.

• Shocked 1

39 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I'm not saying he would make us win, that's up for debate, and I have no clue I'd hed help or hurt.... but if beane likes it I'm on board.

Dudes a diva but you saying you'd rather lose without, than win with makes zero sense. He didn't rape or kill anyone. He's not hitting women or breaking his kids arm.... soooo this take makes no sense.

There are a couple of players on this team i feel that way about. And many in the league.

Good thing i dont have to explain myself to you.

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

FB_IMG_1636144995064.jpg

That’s Gabe’s #  🥺

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

He’s never been on a winning team - made the playoffs a couple times but we can do that without him. Browns got better last year after he went on IR. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

I actually think Buffalo 🦬 is the perfect place for him. I’m not saying Buffalo 🦬 wants him. He comes off as a really big duchy Diva right now. He has a bad shoulder. He just threw his QB under the bus 🚌. He is not a good route runner. 
If I’m his agent we need to go to a place to kick the Diva stigma, catch some balls and play in January in big games. I’d be calling Beane saying we’d come for the minimum. Beasley is already banged up and Manny is 34. He can help down the stretch. 

WTF?

How can you start out with one thing then completely 💩 on it the next sentence 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.