Breaking News: Odell Beckham is set to be released

Protocal69

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Talked about teams waiver order that could put in a claim.

49ers

Colts

Chiefs 

Patriots 

Saints

Bills

Talked about teams waiver order that could put in a claim.

49ers

Colts

Chiefs 

Patriots 

Saints

Bills

I see the Chiefs being very interested

7 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

1 amazing catch then downhill from there.

Forget about the character issues. I don’t know why there’s an assumption the dude is an elite WR. He hasn’t produced in years. OBJ ran a bunch of slants for a couple years with Eli, and made some trick catches on deep passes. The Giants forced the ball to him every play early in his career. He’s since mentally shutdown, and can’t function outside of that system. He just isn’t that good anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Forget about the character issues. I don’t know why there’s an assumption the dude is an elite WR. He hasn’t produced in years. OBJ ran a bunch of slants for a couple years with Eli, and made some trick catches on deep passes. The Giants forced the ball to him every play early in his career. He’s since mentally shutdown, and can’t function outside of that system. He just isn’t that good anymore. 

Just hope he does not end up on the Chiefs,  any team but the Chiefs who need another weapon.  

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

·

9m

Correction: the Browns are converting base salary into signing bonus to lower his cap number in an attempt to save money.

I say he signs with the Chiefs or Rams

57 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't think OBJ has been a problem when things were going good. That's the point. The Browns passing game is terrible. He might be part of that but it's mostly Mayfield from what I see. With the Giants it was the same thing. 

Any OBJ deal with the Bills would be half a season. He isn't going to act up.

Browns were very successful without him last year.

• Agree 1

If I say there is no way in hell he winds up here he probably will ;)

That said I do not want him as a Buffalo Bill...from everything I read he is a "me first player" not a process guy.

I think the Bills have a great locker room and do not need this distraction.

This is a Raider guy ,he will fit in with all the cast offs and have plenty of places to play during the off hours. 

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Chiefs are going to get him,  they need a boost right now to flip their season

This should be the final torpedo in the hull ;)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Was he a problem? He was hurt. Maybe and OBJ don't mix well. Run run run 1st offense.

Just heard Keyshawn talk about this, and if OBJ thinks anything like that dude we don't want him. The logic these guys use is so warped its laughable. You'd swear all that matters is he gets the ball, and the team is secondary. No thanks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Was he a problem? He was hurt. Maybe and OBJ don't mix well. Run run run 1st offense.

I honestly just don't see it as a good fit.  He needs to be somewhere he can be featured.  We cant even get the ball to Diggs enough right now.  Imagine throwing Beckham in the mix.  Not worth the risk IMO.  Josh also loves to run, so isn't like we have a QB who throws all game either.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Going to the Chiefs.  BOOK IT,  he fits perfect into the type of players Andy Reid likes.  Not afraid to sign guys that are not perfect people but have great talent. That is why he has a Super Bowl and has been there many times.  Everyone counting the Chiefs out,  they get Beckham and that oftence will get back on track

NIAGARA DUDE said it first,  BECKHAM signs with Chiefs or my second choice would be Ram which I would prefer he go West

I feel like an idiot for asking, why is he subject to waivers? The rule at least used to be you were only subject to waivers in your first few years in the League. Did they change the rule recently?

Edit: I see this was answered.

Edited by DCOrange

4 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Getting told to stay home from practice two days in a row is never a good sign, good job beating yolo!

Hey! The man has to sleep Sometime!

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Doesn’t @YoloinOhiohave to sleep at least 1-2 hours here or there? 😉

ya know, I’m beginning to think he’s an AI/MediaMachine/Bot. Think about it. Our screen names typically fit into 3 categories; Bills players, monikers/nicknames, real names. “You Only Live Once in Ohio”?? Everyone knows there’s no life in Ohio. 🤷‍♂️😳

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Going to the Chiefs.  BOOK IT,  he fits perfect into the type of players Andy Reid likes.  Not afraid to sign guys that are not perfect people but have great talent. That is why he has a Super Bowl and has been there many times.  Everyone counting the Chiefs out,  they get Beckham and that oftence will get back on track

NIAGARA DUDE said it first,  BECKHAM signs with Chiefs or my second choice would be Ram which I would prefer he go West

I mean, Doc Brown and No Place To Hyde mentioned it before you in this thread... so you can claim third if you want...

He's going to end up claimed by a bottom tier team because they are restructuring his contract before he is released, making him more attractive on the waiver wire. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.