Breaking News: Odell Beckham is set to be released

Protocal69

10 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Diggs wasn’t a problem but for a short period.  Beckham has been a problem almost constantly.  

He doesn’t see how the browns will take him to the promised land, so he manufactured his release.  Browns and him are altering his contract to give the browns relief when released.  Does that mean it will be backloaded and continues to be a tough contract for someone to grab him on waivers?  If he does become a UFA, I see him looking at a team that has the chance to go all the way.  Rams, tb?.  

Don’t see him as a fit for the Bills.  Would rather not have him and his issues on this team.

Diggs did the same thing. He said he was a good teammate up until he wanted out. Diggs admitted it.

Also said things are good until they're not. Things are good in Buffalo right now.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Diggs did the same thing. He said he was a good teammate up until he wanted out. Diggs admitted it.

Correct, I agreed with that above.  But Diggs did it for a short time.  Beckham has been a problem child from the get-go.  Is Diggs wrong for what. He did?  Yep.  I don’t like when players force their way off teams.  You signed a contract, deal with it.  

Beckham got his way off the Giants and continues to have the same act.  Dude is a problem and won’t stop.  

• Agree 1

OBJ has been a problem since he entered the league.  A high 1st RD pick, very productive at the Giants and they still moved on.  Now a team desperate for the playoffs and considering moving on.

He’s the problem.  I don’t see McBeane wanting any part of adding to their deepest position group.  He’d have to do an incentive laden deal (as they have no money) but New Orleans makes a lot of sense.  No one thought the Saints would only have two losses at this point.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Correct, I agreed with that above.  But Diggs did it for a short time.  Beckham has been a problem child from the get-go.  Is Diggs wrong for what. He did?  Yep.  I don’t like when players force their way off teams.  You signed a contract, deal with it.  

Beckham got his way off the Giants and continues to have the same act.  Dude is a problem and won’t stop.  

I don't think OBJ has been a problem when things were going good. That's the point. The Browns passing game is terrible. He might be part of that but it's mostly Mayfield from what I see. With the Giants it was the same thing. 

Any OBJ deal with the Bills would be half a season. He isn't going to act up.

sucks for the Browns,  most likely having to continue paying that contract,  while OBJ hand picks another team and gets another contract,  their own fault tho tbh.   i wouldnt have touched OBJ back when they did.   i wouldnt want him anywhere near the Bills even if he played for free.

Edited by bigduke6

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

sucks for the Browns,  most likely having to continue paying that contract,  while OBJ hand picks another team and gets another contract,  their own fault tho tbh.   i wouldnt have touched OBJ back when they did.   i wouldnt want him anywhere near the Bills even if he played for free.

They said they changed up his contract. Maybe he helped the Browns out so he can be released.

Well our entire WR group was hurt in the playoffs last year. We love 3 and 4 wide. Adding depth makes sense.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think he will get claimed on waivers. Any team had the chance to throw a 2022 7th at the Browns to make sure they got him and they didn't. No one is going to want a player with that little production at that cost. 

That said if he does clear waivers the Saints did show interest so that would be a guess. Seems like the kind of move the Chiefs would make as well. Also the Raiders losing Ruggs would make sense. As for as a surprise team...I could see the 49ers also taking a stab at him. 

You can never have enough elite play making talent, sign him if he wants to come.  I don't see him interested and look for him to sign with LA RAMS.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Brieda is inactive every week. Antonio Williams on the PS. I'de say bye Brieda.

Won't matter because he is signing with Rams who are loading up to win a Super bowl.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

You can never have enough elite play making talent, sign him if he wants to come.  I don't see him interested and look for him to sign with LA RAMS.

Won't matter because he is signing with Rams who are loading up to win a Super bowl.  

Maybe this helps him get claimed. Bills ahead of Rams and Raiders.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.