Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Grier is sitting there having to listen to McDaniel try to convince him to take Worthy instead of another position that will help them more.  McDaniel is staring at his background on his phone of Xavier Worthy whispering sweet nothings

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, dje85 said:

I kind of want Quinyon Mitchell. No clue how he is still on the board, Bet he goes to Philly in two picks.. Philly has to be ecstatic.

Lol some amazing player falls to them every draft it seems

• Like (+1) 1

cowboys draft show are talking about Dallas getting calls right now from other teams about moving up.   Apparently jerry and stephen are on the phone

Dallas wants Barton, if they don't get him they might trade back.

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

BTJ and Worthy will be a Buffalo Bill if they are on the board imo. Its just not necessary to race up and do it just to do it. The WR crop is really deep just sit and relax. It'd be different if they were the last two guys worth taking but their not.

Pittsburgh isn't taking a WR

Miami could but unlikely

Philly No

Jax Possibly

Dallas Possibly

Green Bay No

Tampa No

Arizona No

There are really only 2 teams who could take a WR between us. If someone jumps they jump but I don't think they are going to move up more than a couple spots.

And everything I have been told about Jax has come true so far.... it was trade down and take a corner. I think Miami is the biggest risk but to me that is Worthy or nobody. I think Dallas is going OL. Because they have two big holes at LT and C and the run there is already in full flow. 

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Bills current CB depth chart:

A 31 year old

Christian Benford

A bust

A slot

Bunch of jobbers

This is literally the most pessimistic way anyone could ever describe our DB room. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Jerboski said:

You cannot take a corner again in the first 

no chance 

Us? I mean, if the best CB in the Draft is there that should have gone off the board LONG ago and value at WR isn't, you absolutely can. You might not like it. But it would be a great pick.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, dje85 said:

I kind of want Quinyon Mitchell. No clue how he is still on the board, Bet he goes to Philly in two picks.. Philly has to be ecstatic.

How does Philly constantly find themselves in these incredible positions.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Now the Phins take Worthy....... but if they're smart they go Barton or JPJ

If they take Worthy,  I'd give it about a 95% chance that the Bills are going to take a CB.  

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

A 31 year old

Christian Benford

A bust

A slot

Bunch of jobbers

Where is Douglas?

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

A 31 year old

Christian Benford

A bust

A slot

Bunch of jobbers

Why not talk about the entire defensive backfield? After the starting five of Benford, Douglas, Johnson, Rapp, and Edwards, our best DB is Cam Lewis.😦

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

They learn about daily habits and discipline and mindsets that can make preparation more efficient and effective. In college these guys had SO much coaching and mentoring. In the pros, oddly enough, it's a little less hands-on. Having a real pro in the room can be incredibly helpful.

Right, but you'd think that you wouldn't need to pay $180M for that kind of mentorship.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

A 31 year old

Christian Benford

A bust

A slot

Bunch of jobbers

The WR Room:

Curtis Samuel

Shakir

That's it, really.