Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

43 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

I don't think people are scared of the Steelers but I do think we are scared of the Bills, a team good enough to beat everybody, a team that can be bad enough to lose to everybody.   My thinking is this, as a team the Bills are gelling at the right time, and it's a team game, someone is going to make the big play at the crucial time.  No reason why this can't be our year.   

This.  

Last night was only close because the Bills were beating the Bills. 

It’s a common theme in our losses.  

Factor in a typically gritty Pittsburgh team and I get the worry in a one game scenario. 

However, if the Bills button up and stop with the landslide of mind-numbing mistakes, they should beat them pretty easily … regardless of the weather. 

But that’s nowhere close to a given with our QB and team.  

• Like (+1) 2

Josh needs to calm down a bit to start the Playoffs.  It's probably on Brady to help here.  Some solid running plays, mixed with some nice underneath stuff to Shakir, Diggs and Kincaid.  Don't have to get crazy.  Ball security is huge.  

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Josh needs to calm down a bit to start the Playoffs.  It's probably on Brady to help here.  Some solid running plays, mixed with some nice underneath stuff to Shakir, Diggs and Kincaid.  Don't have to get crazy.  Ball security is huge.  

I've always thought about the ratio of good Josh to bad Josh. For discussion sake, lets assume it's 2 to1. If you remove one bad Josh, do you remove 2 good Joshes? Obviously, we'd like to see the elimination of bad Joshes without any impact on good Joshes. Is that possible?

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

It’s officially playoff week!

TJ Watt, the Steelers best player, is NOT expected to play.

For the Bills:

- Rasul Douglas left the game with a knee, but was seen celebrating in the locker room. Could be he was simply removed from the game due to an abundance of caution. 

- Ty Johnson is in the concussion protocal.

- We don’t know much about Gabe yet.

- Dodson is a probable AC joint sprain according to BangedupBills on Twitter.

- Dawkins said his finger almost FELL OFF. I don’t know if that’s hyperbole or not, but we all saw the blood.

We need Ty back. Dude is really a good back that runs tough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I've always thought about the ratio of good Josh to bad Josh. For discussion sake, lets assume it's 2 to1. If you remove one bad Josh, do you remove 2 good Joshes? Obviously, we'd like to see the elimination of bad Joshes without any impact on good Joshes. Is that possible?

Yeah i know what you mean.  He probably just needs to refrain from throwing off his back foot while backpedaling blindly to the end zone.. Just stuff like that.  Live to fight another down and/or just take the FG's.  

The weakness of the Steelers is their secondary plays can be made on them. If the Bills play a clean game the Steelers simply can't beat them. It’s pretty much that simple.

Steelers will run a ton of Cover Zero and try to get the ball out of Josh’s hands quickly Kincaid and Shakir should have big games in that setting. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yeah i know what you mean.  He probably just needs to refrain from throwing off his back foot while backpedaling blindly to the end zone.. Just stuff like that.  Live to fight another down and/or just take the FG's.  

Wasn't the 2nd INT yesterday more of the back foot one?  Watching that replay, that one didn't bother me a bit.  If he throws it away there, Miami gets better field position.

The 1st INT was weird - seemed like more of a miscommunication w/ the WR, but that was more on JA (imo).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Kinda ironic that with all the 8pm and 4:25pm games the Bills played this year........

The Bills start the playoffs Sunday at 1pm.

I thought this would be our spot if we won. Buffalo v Pitt is probably the least compelling matchup on the slate. 

On the flip side if we won I thought we’d going back to Miami for the Monday night game which I would have absolutely hated. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I think it's more like 5 to 1.  And how do I know this? First the eye test, then his stats but most importantly his record over the last 4 seasons where he has been an elite level QB. 

IMO the goal of the Bills franchise should be to understand what Allen is, stop trying to change him fundamentally like they did this off season and just tweak his strengths and weaknesses.  And this first involves surrounding him with the type of talent that compliments his style of play.

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

My point is that Watt is the biggest reason their D is so good.   Don't sleep on how important Watt is.

That is what comparing him to the other D players is all about.  You go on with your opinions and I will with mine. 

I believe the Steeler's are 1 - 10 when Watt is not playing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DapperCam said:

This is the type of game where we really shouldn’t need Allen to play hero ball (sometimes it is needed).

Run the ball well, hit some intermediate routes. Don’t turn it over, and trust your defense to stop Mason Rudolph in bad weather.

Yeah, the weather may dictate quite a lot. You'd think it would be "advantage Bills" simply due to the dual threat of JA. It's tough to run on Pittsburgh, but I think the Bills can if they stay patient.

Rudolph's downfield passing ability has helped open up Pitt's running game. Well if it's windy, that hurts Pitt quite a bit. 

Probably a low scoring slugfest. Whomever gets to 17 points 1st wins it.

11 minutes ago, Success said:

Wasn't the 2nd INT yesterday more of the back foot one?

He was on a dead sprint to his right on the deep INT.

The INT in the red zone, he was backpedaling with 4 guys bearing down on him from multiple angles.

Just give Allen time to throw and this game will be a breeze. A quick safe option when they all out blitz would be nice as well. Teams have been causing some problems the last few games sending everyone

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Maybe the organization needs to bring in a QB coach or something. But we won't win a SB when the opponent has the luxury of getting two free possessions/scores in big games. The turnovers have got to stop or we are done. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

I'm not sure it is. If tye Johnson catches that ball doesn't get whacked in the helmet and gets into the end zone then today we're talking about that play as being one of the plays that only Josh can make. But since it didn't work out it's shame on josh and he should have thrown to the sidelines. I'll admit I was upset about that play and wished we had at least 3 pts there. Thinking back in it I know I'd be super excited and proud of josh more having confidence and guys too. It's cuts both ways for me as fair or unfair as that is. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

I think that's what Dorsey was trying to implement and it got him fired.

If there's going to be an improvement on that score, it'll be down to work in the close season. IMO it's too late for this season now.

• Like (+1) 1

Perusing the Steelers MBs, it looks like about 70% of their fans wanted to play the Chiefs more than the Bills. Of those that wanted the Bills, the most prominent reason was more to avoid the game on Peacock than believing they matchup better. They also dislike KC more than BUF for some reason. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’re not joking. Me and Coach want our revenge. Been waiting since August for this moment. They embarrassed us. 😉

I wonder if Tomlin is using this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

If I was to choose any match up from the playoff teams in the AFC it would be this...

Round one: host Steelers (Browns beat Texans)

Round two: host Chiefs (Browns beat Ravens)

Round three: host Browns

SUPER BOWL - Bills vs Cowboys

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The weakness of the Steelers is their secondary plays can be made on them. If the Bills play a clean game the Steelers simply can't beat them. It’s pretty much that simple.

Steelers will run a ton of Cover Zero and try to get the ball out of Josh’s hands quickly Kincaid and Shakir should have big games in that setting. 

I notice that former Bill Levi Wallace is their #2 Boundary CB.  Wonder if he has improved since he left the 716.

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Pittsburgh’s defense has been playing very good lately.  I think even without Watt they will still be a problem.  Our offense hasn’t exactly been lighting up the scoreboard. 

If they can clean up the drops and ints, they could have put up 40 plus against Miami last night.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

I notice that former Bill Levi Wallace is their #2 Boundary CB.  Wonder if he has improved since he left the 716.

He's made a couple plays here and there but he is generally the same limited athlete with questionable instincts who is the weak link in their secondary.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I loved that Kincaid Cover 0 beater

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I wonder if Tomlin is using this

Using the replay of a TD posted on a teams Twitter from a game? I mean I'm pretty sure every single team that's scored on the Steelers this year and last year has done the same thing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Worried about all the hype going for the Bills and Steelers flying under the radar. I think they are gonna want to punch us in the mouth and grind us down. Josh cannot make mistakes in this game when Pittsburgh plays near mistake free football. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, LEBills said:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/what-is-the-steelers-record-without-t.j.-watt

Steelers are 1-10 all time when TJ Watt misses a game, including the Bills winning 38-3 last year in Buffalo.

Yeah but their backup edge defenders appear to be decent [not Watt level], This game will be decided in the trenches; our OL needs to protect Josh and open holes for Cook, Josh, & Lenny; and our DL needs to shut down the Steeler running game, and get some pressure on Rudolph. 

The injury list for the Bills is obviously concerning with the four guys with names starting with "D" dinged up.

I'm seeing on social media and in here a little bit already the same people who declared the bills would blowout the chargers and pats saying they will blowout the steelers.

These same people are the first ones to complain and they complain the loudest when it doesn't go the way they expect.

The steelers have played in Buffalo 2 seasons in a row and they are a northeast team so the Home Field weather element is gone but hopefully the crowd noise will be a huge factor....even at that though they run the ball so much  that it will negate the crowd if they are gaining 4 or more yards a carry.  

This game scares me to death.  The Bills running game has progressively leveled off over the last few weeks and the steelers have the guys to stop the run.  

I imagine this is going to be alot like the Denver game earlier in the year.  They are going to run a ton, take shots when they are on the plus side of the field and get a man to man look and they are going to dare allen to throw the ball.   Unlike Denver I think they can stay back and still stop the run.  

I feel like this is a  17-13 or 20-17 type game.  

Listening to everyone talk about a blowout and an easy win is going to make my brain go crazy this week.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Worried about all the hype going for the Bills and Steelers flying under the radar. I think they are gonna want to punch us in the mouth and grind us down. Josh cannot make mistakes in this game when Pittsburgh plays near mistake free football. 

This Bills team seems tougher than it used to be .,, they can try to punch them in the mouth …( likely without Watt) … But I think the Bills will stand up this time …

Josh is going to make mistakes …. just part of the experience…

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BigBadBills said:

If they can clean up the drops and ints, they could have put up 40 plus against Miami last night.

Very true.  But we have been saying this for a few weeks now.   Makes me a bit nervous. 

8 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Too bad we don’t have a dome. Inclement weather always favors the lesser team by leveling the playing field a bit. Just have to hope it doesn’t get too bad and the Bills crush the Steelers as they should. 

There's nothing to support this notion. It's all in your head.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.