Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

12 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Too bad we don’t have a dome. Inclement weather always favors the lesser team by leveling the playing field a bit. Just have to hope it doesn’t get too bad and the Bills crush the Steelers as they should. 

Stop with the dome non-sense or are you going to complain about it for the next 50 years.

Bills are supposedly built for winter weather difficult games and got the one of a 2-3 QBs that have the strength to counter the wind.

• Like (+1) 3

This Bills team is built better for bad weather games than in any time in the past that I can remember.   The defensive line is stout, I imagine Linval will be called up to beef up the Defensive line, the Bills will look to do a lot of running and play action.

23-13 Bills

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I SAW that, guy, I was asking WHY he's not expected to play

It says it right in the post:

"General consensus is Watt won't play this week vs. the Bills due to grade 2 MCL sprain suffered vs. Baltimore on Saturday."

You need a siesta and a shot of joe.......Joe :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

I hate these large point spreads and I still feel the Bills will make this game way more difficult than necessary even without a superstar like Watt playing for the Steelers especially since Rudolph is a much better '3rd stringer' than Skyler Thompson last year.

With that said, if Allen and this offense don't turn the ball over they likely win without needing the game going down to the final drive and minutes of the game. If not expect more of the same....and even heavier anxiety and dread heading into a possible divisional round match up against a familiar team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

It’s officially playoff week!

TJ Watt, the Steelers best player, is NOT expected to play.

For the Bills:

- Rasul Douglas left the game with a knee, but was seen celebrating in the locker room. Could be he was simply removed from the game due to an abundance of caution. 

- Ty Johnson is in the concussion protocal.

- We don’t know much about Gabe yet.

- Dodson is a probable AC joint sprain according to BangedupBills on Twitter.

- Dawkins said his finger almost FELL OFF. I don’t know if that’s hyperbole or not, but we all saw the blood.

Seemed upbeat in the locker room, but legitimately hobbled/limping badly on the sideline. 

22 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm confused as to what it is that the Steelers do that we're so worried about?

They've been running the ball well. That's about it and Mason Goofball hasn't been turning it over like the other guys. Our run d is pretty stout these days though.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

It says it right in the post:

"General consensus is Watt won't play this week vs. the Bills due to grade 2 MCL sprain suffered vs. Baltimore on Saturday."

You need a siesta and a shot of joe.......Joe :lol:

Maybe, did a LOT of drinking yesterday. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bad weather, going against a good defense and an underdog team with nothing to lose and a 3rd string QB...

To me, this has all the makings of an anxiety inducing, closer than it needs to be, can't exhale until the final whistle type of game. Not that the Bills have really played any other type of game for most of this season, but...

I hope I'm wrong. I hope it's a laugher in favor of the good guys. As it stands now, though, I'll say 20-17 Bills.

Agree, Logic.  And Rudolph has been one of the best QBs in the league over the past three weeks.  We have to protect the ball and get the running game going or this could easily turn into an ugly Sunday.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Process said:

Pretty sure Allen threw 4 TDs in the first half that game. 

The weather is really unfortunate. I don't think we will have trouble with the Steelers either way, but with no Watt Allen likely would have been able to have another big day passing the ball. Would have been nice to keep the momentum going after putting up 350 yards yesterday, especially considering how bad the passing game has been prior to Miami. 

Still a bit far out to be sure of weather in that 3 hour block on Sunday. We’ll know with more certainty on Thursday or Friday.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Definitely weather related. The weather thread mentioned 20-25 mph winds.

Unlike the wind game against the Pats a couple years ago, I hope we attempt to throw the ball through the air. That first half against the Pats we refused to even attempt to throw which was foolish when you have someone like Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

The Steelers hang around. Not any easy out by any means.

They're the best coached team in the playoffs, where we have a DC acting as Interim HC and a QB coach acting as Interim OC.

Gonna be a tough one no matter what.

Hopefully, our talent shows up to play and tips the balance back to our favor.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

40 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bad weather, going against a good defense and an underdog team with nothing to lose and a 3rd string QB...

To me, this has all the makings of an anxiety inducing, closer than it needs to be, can't exhale until the final whistle type of game. Not that the Bills have really played any other type of game for most of this season, but...

I hope I'm wrong. I hope it's a laugher in favor of the good guys. As it stands now, though, I'll say 20-17 Bills.

The Bills being involved in a closer than it needs to be game would be out of character for this team :) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.