Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

It’s officially playoff week!

TJ Watt, the Steelers best player, is NOT expected to play.

For the Bills:

- Rasul Douglas left the game with a knee, but was seen celebrating in the locker room. Could be he was simply removed from the game due to an abundance of caution. 

- Ty Johnson is in the concussion protocal.

- We don’t know much about Gabe yet.

- Dodson is a probable AC joint sprain according to BangedupBills on Twitter.

- Dawkins said his finger almost FELL OFF. I don’t know if that’s hyperbole or not, but we all saw the blood.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Process said:

The o/u opened at 40 and dropped fast to 35.5. I wonder when the last time we had an o/u that low. Looking like weather might be ugly. 

Definitely weather related. The weather thread mentioned 20-25 mph winds.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/what-is-the-steelers-record-without-t.j.-watt

Steelers are 1-10 all time when TJ Watt misses a game, including the Bills winning 38-3 last year in Buffalo.

Saw that too.

He really is the heart of that defense. 19 sacks on the year and the likely DPOY unless Garrett nabs it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

Steelers are 1-10 all time when TJ Watt misses a game, including the Bills winning 38-3 last year in Buffalo.

man, I forgot he was out for them last year when we played them as well!!!

Just like last night - no excuses for the Bills.  Get it done and move on to either KC, CLE or HOU.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

We’ll kiss Davis.  Big part of the run game and weather is supposed to be rough.  I’m worried he may have an ACL.

If you want to kiss him that's on you. I don't swing that way but no judgement. I think we are better off without him. I doubt he has any kind of serious injury as he would have been on crutches if that was the case

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is the type of game where we really shouldn’t need Allen to play hero ball (sometimes it is needed).

Run the ball well, hit some intermediate routes. Don’t turn it over, and trust your defense to stop Mason Rudolph in bad weather.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Felt like everyone could finally take a deep breath and exhale after last nights W and what it meant. Now the Bills need to Carpe Diem and get it done.

Steelers will bring physicality to the game. Gotta match their physicality. Bills need to get out of the gates early and force Pitt out of their game plan. Gotta shut down their running game and get pressure on Mason.

Offensively, Bills need to take advantage of Pitts weaknesses at LB and secondary.  Run their offense and don’t give Pitt any points off of turnovers. Kick the ball in the end zone to eliminate any ST gaffes. Brady needs to do better at having a counter punch ready for the blitz. 

The table is set, now the Bills need to take care of business and get it done.

BillsMafia will be loud and out in full force.

LETS GO BUFFALO 🦬 

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This will be the Steelers 3rd road game in a row. Gotta think that wears on the team a bit:

this is not much of a "road" game, really.  Other one prior was Baltimore.  Both take less time flying to than an average person commutes to the office.  Even driving is 4 hours to Balt and 3 to Buffalo, not really any issues.  

10 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Pretty sure Allen threw 4 TDs in the first half that game. 

The weather is really unfortunate. I don't think we will have trouble with the Steelers either way, but with no Watt Allen likely would have been able to have another big day passing the ball. Would have been nice to keep the momentum going after putting up 350 yards yesterday, especially considering how bad the passing game has been prior to Miami. 

32 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It’s officially playoff week!

TJ Watt, the Steelers best player, is NOT expected to play.

For the Bills:

- Rasul Douglas left the game with a knee, but was seen celebrating in the locker room. Could be he was simply removed from the game due to an abundance of caution. 

- Ty Johnson is in the concussion protocal.

- We don’t know much about Gabe yet.

- Dodson is a probable AC joint sprain according to BangedupBills on Twitter.

- Dawkins said his finger almost FELL OFF. I don’t know if that’s hyperbole or not, but we all saw the blood.

Banged up Bills thinks Gabe most likely has a knee contusion from falling in EZ

Bad weather, going against a good defense and an underdog team with nothing to lose and a 3rd string QB...

To me, this has all the makings of an anxiety inducing, closer than it needs to be, can't exhale until the final whistle type of game. Not that the Bills have really played any other type of game for most of this season, but...

I hope I'm wrong. I hope it's a laugher in favor of the good guys. As it stands now, though, I'll say 20-17 Bills.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

What's the story with roid-boy Watt

It's the very first item, in the very first post of the thread you just opened but couldn't be bothered to read. :doh:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.