Allen shoulder injury

HappyDays

It has been theorized by many that Allen has been struggling with some kind of shoulder injury this season. Apparent confirmation here:

FWIW CJ Caggiano is a reputable insider, I've followed him for a while. Every year he has schedule leaks that turn out to be correct, and he has given a couple injury updates that turned out to be correct as well.

Take the info how you will, but if true it could possibly explain some of the recent mechanical issues Allen has had on some of his throws.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 12

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think CJ meant to say "Performed admirably." Amicably is not the word that fits there.

he always has a pleasant disposition while throwing the ball, or even handinng it off! :)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I hope that’s the problem because I’m concerned Josh isn’t reading the field as well. Maybe he is reading the field well but knows he doesn’t have the juice with the shoulder to hit those deep shots consistently.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m assuming we’re talking about his right shoulder…it seems to me that Josh is throwing the ball just fine; it’s his timing and choice of targets that seems off.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

They should've just listed him as "Probable" in the weekly injury reports, as that would at least take SOME of the heat off him.

Joe Burrow got a free pass for being one of the worst QBs in the league the first 3 or 4 weeks (statistically), as did Lawrence for recent struggles. I don't buy the excuse "that'll just make people target him more!" either. They're already trying to do that, especially since they know they'll get opportunities with him running a lot.

If the injury is anywhere as notable as that tweet makes it out to be, they're doing him a disservice by trying to hide it.

• Agree 1

Didn't we know this already? https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/16/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-shoulder-new-york-giants-injury-nfl/

It's been pretty obvious he hasn't been right. The biggest worry is that his throwing shoulder keeps taking damage year over year as he was hurt last year as well.

If he's not 100% they really should have done a better job figuring out a passing game that he can work with. getting the running game going the last 3 weeks has been huge, but that won't cut it down the stretch. I don't understand why they don't work int he faster guys in space more.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

They should've just listed him as "Probable" in the weekly injury reports, as that would at least take SOME of the heat off him.

Joe Burrow got a free pass for being one of the worst QBs in the league the first 3 or 4 weeks (statistically), as did Lawrence for recent struggles. I don't buy the excuse "that'll just make people target him more!" either. They're already trying to do that, especially since they know they'll get opportunities with him running a lot.

If the injury is anywhere as notable as that tweet makes it out to be, they're doing him a disservice by trying to hide it.

Probable isnt a designation any more, only questionable and doubtful

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I take all of this stuff with a large grain of salt.  If Josh can't throw without hurting himself or making it worse, they wouldn't have him out there.

His coach isn't Mike McDaniel, for crissake.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

….and there is not much of a question that he will be trotting out there.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Well damn, I'm behind the times. Thanks for the correction.

In that case, change it to "questionable," just something so that the world is aware he's dealing with something significant (allegedly).

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yeah I think he hurt it after a play trying to push Leonard Williams in the back of the end zone in that scrap where Williams blindsided Spencer Brown and knocked him to the ground.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

He has a significant shoulder injury, but I don’t want to say anything about this shoulder injury because I want to keep his shoulder injury a secret. 

Was my same thought.   Gotta keep the competitive advantage.  They may know he's injured, that its a serious injury, what part of his body is injured, but they will never know what the medical words for the injury are!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It has been theorized by many that Allen has been struggling with some kind of shoulder injury this season. Apparent confirmation here:

FWIW CJ Caggiano is a reputable insider, I've followed him for a while. Every year he has schedule leaks that turn out to be correct, and he has given a couple injury updates that turned out to be correct as well.

Take the info how you will, but if true it could possibly explain some of the recent mechanical issues Allen has had on some of his throws.

He used to have schedule leaks but no longer does because his contact for the schedule worked at PSE which no longer exists and was able to give him that info. He knows someone else that is up close in the organization and deals with daily operations there that apparently has access to a players health information and hipaa info but has no schedule info anymore when the schedule is released.

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

He used to have schedule leaks but no longer does because his contact for the schedule worked at PSE which no longer exists and was able to give him that info. He knows someone else that is up close in the organization and deals with daily operations there that apparently has access to a players health information and hipaa info but has no schedule info anymore when the schedule is released.

Does he know anything about the stock market or thoroughbred racing?

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

Never heard of this guy. Sounds like someone wants some attention. 

You'll have to take my word for it, CJ doesn't make stuff up. He is reporting something he was told by an inside source.

FWIW Kyle Trimble of Banged Up Bills retweeted it so he also believes the report is reputable.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Mike in Horseheads said:

Or the lottery numbers?

OH! OH! THIS one I know! 

The correct lottery numbers are the numbers not on my ticket.  You’d think I could get a single number here or there, but…….🤷‍♂️

Allen has been dealing with injuries pretty much continuously since the elbow injury, it should come as no surprise he is struggling a bit since that time, 

20 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Allen wasn't on the injury report at all in Week 17. 

But he's on the Injury Report with Right Shoulder starting Week 7 - Week 16. 

That just means he didn’t receive any treatment for an injury, not that he wasn’t injured. 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

this is ridiculous. We need a legit backup so, among other reasons, we don’t need to trout JA out hurt all year and then use that as a perennial postseason fail excuse.  

McD's defense broke down because the offense couldn't move the ball. What did you expect Allen to do, he had one arm? 

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

he always has a pleasant disposition while throwing the ball, or even handinng it off! :)

And no QB is more cordial in accepting the snap from center, too.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Been somewhat fortunate to this point with Allen’s availability (year to year). Odds are that luck will run out at some point. 

Luck/fortune doesn't have anything to do with his availability. Only reason he isn't missing time is he's a tough SOB. The injuries have been bad now all the way back to that Texans game years ago. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.