New England Week

TFBillsfan

While the Patriots record isn’t good, they’ve been in numerous close games and rarely get blown out. Bills need to take care of business right from the start. Protect the ball, play with discipline and physicality.  They got embarrassed earlier in the season against the Patriots so I would assume this game has their FULLl attention. 

Bills need to score points early and force the Patriots out of their comfort zone. 

Bills have so much to play for so all the pressure is on them. Last regular season home game so the stadium should be loud.

Would love a nice 30-10 win with the Bills playing well in all phases. But expecting a much closer score. 

Edited by TFBillsfan
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

While the Patriots record isn’t good, they’ve been in numerous close games and rarely get blown out. Bills need to take care of business right from the start. Protect the ball, play with discipline and physicality.  They got embarrassed earlier in the season against the Patriots so I would assume this game has their FULLl attention. 

Bills need to score points early and force the Patriots out of their comfort zone. 

Bills have so much to play for so all the pressure is on them. Last regular season home game so the stadium should be loud.

Would love a nice 30-10 win with the Bills playing well in all phases. But expecting a much closer score. 

Good point.  After watching the Chargers put up a fight and the Raiders beat KC, nothing is a given.

New England’s defense is pretty good and Barmore and Uche are two game wreckers.

The Bills can’t sleep walk through this game and expect a victory.  If they do, NE can find a way to cause turnovers and help put points on the board.

The NE offense in the other hand is pretty depleted.  If there aren’t any turnovers I don’t see them scoring enough points to win…but who knows? 

30 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

We almost lost to a guy named Stick.

Yeah but it really took a lot.  Some really bad penalties and terrible times.  3 turnovers - 2 inside the Bills own territory and one at midfield, 50+ yard field goals, 0 defensive turnovers.  

With that being said NE is still hard (to the detriment of their draft pick) and can’t be overlooked.  

31 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Gabe has to APPEAR again this week. Belichick will try to take away Diggs on offense. It would be nice to see the PHYSICAL Bills show up and run the ball down their throats

I’d actually like to see a combo of the passing game clicking to get a big lead and then run it down there throats the remainder of the game. 

It would be good to see Diggs having a bigger impact as well and getting Kincaid engaged. And please no more lateral screens to Diggs!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic

If we come out flat after that near disaster against the Chargers, you really have to question both the coaching and talent. We all talk about “when we are on we are unbeatable” but that’s the exception not the rule with our current Bills. Brady didn’t call a good game against LA, Josh was one of the main reasons we won but also was clearly inaccurate throughout the game, and our passing game is a mess. I’m hoping Diggs and Kincaid get healthy and Brady gets back to attacking the opposing team’s weaknesses on offense. 

At this point, we are who we are. A team that can beat anyone but can also lose to anyone.

I fully expect a W against the Pats* but won’t surprise me at all if it’s another nail biter.

Best case is some hurt guys get healthy and we continue to stack W’s all the way to the Super Bowl. Can’t say I’m confident but it’s definitely possible.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4

In the old days, when the Patriots had to win & they were playing the Bills - there was simply nothing the Bills could do.  It was like a dentist's appointment.  Just something we had to get through.

Same deal next Sunday, but reversed.  The Bills will win, and the Pats won't be able to do a thing about it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

Zappe, at home?

We're not losing.

Zappe was competent to borderline good against Denver in Denver and got the W.

25/33 for 256 yards and 2 TDs

Stick took us to the wire going 23/33 for 215 yards and 0 TDs

I would not overlook teams that have nothing to lose and relish ruining your season, especially a division rival. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 8

2 hours ago, Success said:

In the old days, when the Patriots had to win & they were playing the Bills - there was simply nothing the Bills could do.  It was like a dentist's appointment.  Just something we had to get through.

Same deal next Sunday, but reversed.  The Bills will win, and the Pats won't be able to do a thing about it.

More like a colonoscopy.  The only way we lose this game is turnovers and special teams blunders.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Gabe has to APPEAR again this week. Belichick will try to take away Diggs on offense. It would be nice to see the PHYSICAL Bills show up and run the ball down their throats

The Pats I believe are one of the top run defenses in the league. They are awful in the secondary right now so Allen should have a field day.  As someone mention Baremore and Uche can be game wreckers and Baremore should be a Pro Bowler this year.. and I mean a real one that is selected 1st not like the 10th alt. Lol

Zappe is a good backup and has gone 2-3 as a starter. He has yet to put a complete game together but has flashed for a 1/2 here and there. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.