New England Week

TFBillsfan

They did go into Pittsburgh and Denver and get wins when both of those teams had everything to play for. This won't be easy. Their offense looks a little better with Zappe. Their defense is solid. Bill is a better HC/DC than Sean. I think the Bills win but it will be a one score game most of the way until the Bills score late to have a little breathing room. 

• Like (+1) 4

Everyone would love to see the Bills blow out the Pats this week.  For me I don't care about style points right now.  Just get the W.  Get in the playoffs.  Thats all that matters right now.  I don't think the Bills will be as sloppy this week, but the Pats do have a legit defense.

8 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

If we come out flat after that near disaster against the Chargers, you really have to question both the coaching and talent. We all talk about “when we are on we are unbeatable” but that’s the exception not the rule with our current Bills. Brady didn’t call a good game against LA, Josh was one of the main reasons we won but also was clearly inaccurate throughout the game, and our passing game is a mess. I’m hoping Diggs and Kincaid get healthy and Brady gets back to attacking the opposing team’s weaknesses on offense. 

At this point, we are who we are. A team that can beat anyone but can also lose to anyone.

I fully expect a W against the Pats* but won’t surprise me at all if it’s another nail biter.

Best case is some hurt guys get healthy and we continue to stack W’s all the way to the Super Bowl. Can’t say I’m confident but it’s definitely possible.

I've heard some people say this.  I don't agree with it.  The problem was the turnovers, not the way the game was called.  The run game was not working as well this week.  Ty was out so that didn't help.  The Chargers were prepared for the run game.  They also played defense differently than most.  Using double spys on Josh and such.  Brady made adjustments.  Turnovers are not on him. Josh was also a little off to start the game. They also elected to burn clock on the last drive instead of going for the TD.  I think they would have gotten a TD if they made it a priority over clock.  These guys were not only on a short week but also had to fly across the country.

Edited by Scott7975

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Have to come out a lot more focused than they did Saturday night.

Chargers were a short week, long road trip.  Pats will be extra day, "normal" 1 PM game routine, last RS home game, and Pats on their second straight road game.  Think our guys will be very focused.  Knock on wood, weather looks passable for a 12/31 game in the OP.

17 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Chargers were a short week, long road trip.  Pats will be extra day, "normal" 1 PM game routine, last RS home game, and Pats on their second straight road game.  Think our guys will be very focused.  Knock on wood, weather looks passable for a 12/31 game in the OP.

Hope so

9 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

If we come out flat after that near disaster against the Chargers, you really have to question both the coaching and talent. We all talk about “when we are on we are unbeatable” but that’s the exception not the rule with our current Bills. Brady didn’t call a good game against LA, Josh was one of the main reasons we won but also was clearly inaccurate throughout the game, and our passing game is a mess. I’m hoping Diggs and Kincaid get healthy and Brady gets back to attacking the opposing team’s weaknesses on offense. 

At this point, we are who we are. A team that can beat anyone but can also lose to anyone.

I fully expect a W against the Pats* but won’t surprise me at all if it’s another nail biter.

Best case is some hurt guys get healthy and we continue to stack W’s all the way to the Super Bowl. Can’t say I’m confident but it’s definitely possible.

Agree 100%. I have stated in this forum in the past that some players don’t give a damn about winning or losing, don’t give 100% at all times, and couldn't care less about going to the playoffs (and extending their season and cutting in to their time off). People have responded and told me I'm crazy, and that NFL players are "wired differently" vs average Joe workers who may be "quiet quitting" their jobs.

We shall see over these next two games. Yes, I know the old cliches of  "anything can happen", and "On any given Sunday", BUT, no freakin' way should the Bills lose either of these upcoming two games, if they properly prepare, give 100%, and play like we know they can play.

I would love to see the Lombardi trophy paraded down Main Street in February. Go Bills!!!

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Playing a team we lost to earlier in the season that has 4 wins and starts a guy named Bailey. They need to hammer those nerds for almost 29 years of pain they inflicted upon us.

See, thinking about that is thinking too much. Just go out there and play like you can. Don't let them psych us out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think this week the Bills say their farewell to Belichick in the AFCE. Send him away with a 37-16 style drubbing. Allen has one of his signature games of the season and rushes right to the top of the MVP race. 

I don’t think he can go to the top of the mvp race after beating the 4th worst team in the league while playing at home. 

the following week….well that’s certainly possible.  If he can get 7 total rds over the final 2 weeks, I think he has a chance.  Those 7 tds might have to come along with 0 turnovers tho.  

At the moment, I don’t think he’s in the running according to most voters (regardless of whether or not he deserves to be). He’d have to really show out.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think he can go to the top of the mvp race after beating the 4th worst team in the league while playing at home. 

the following week….well that’s certainly possible.  If he can get 7 total rds over the final 2 weeks, I think he has a chance.  Those 7 tds might have to come along with 0 turnovers tho.  

At the moment, I don’t think he’s in the running according to most voters (regardless of whether or not he deserves to be). He’d have to really show out.

50 Total TDs and a Division Crown with the number 2 seed might do it.  Tall ask, improbable but not impossible.

13 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Bills have so much to play for so all the pressure is on them. Last regular season home game so the stadium should be loud.

Would love a nice 30-10 win with the Bills playing well in all phases. But expecting a much closer score. 

What are you talking about?  I thought @Miami was our last regular season home game?  :devil:

Just now, wjag said:

50 Total TDs and a Division Crown with the number 2 seed might do it.  Tall ask, improbable but not impossible.

Yeah I agree…..but he has to accomplish that before he’s recognized as a true contender imo.  Some voters may have already decided who will be getting their vote before the season ends

4 minutes ago, wjag said:

Current odds:

Lamar- 160

CMC -400

Tua -900

Purdy -1200

Allen  -1300

crazy that Tyreek is -2200 now.  

11 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Gabe has to APPEAR again this week. Belichick will try to take away Diggs on offense. It would be nice to see the PHYSICAL Bills show up and run the ball down their throats

100% we need Gabe and Shakir big time. I also hope we try to establish the run early and often. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

BUT, no freakin' way should the Bills lose either of these upcoming two games,

The fact that you are adamant that there is no freaking way the Bills should lose on the road to the team with the 2nd best record in the NFL is hilarious. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Well, here's the thing about the MVP race as it sits. Seemingly, no one is interested in giving it to a non QB. (If I had a vote I would go with CMC). Dak is done. Hurts is out. Really Lamar is the last man standing in the hype circle and he's been very average. If Allen comes out next week with a statement game against a defense that many around the league still view as a very good defense...it stacks numbers. He's played well against the Pats many times before. I don't think 4-5 TDs and 350 total yards is unfathomable this week. 

Miami has played well on defense as well. I think they contain Lamar a bit. 

Really if Allen doesn't win it and they HAVE to give it to a QB...I would want Tua to win it before Lamar. Better numbers and would likely cost Miami more money on Tua's impending contract. 

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

The fact that you are adamant that there is no freaking way the Bills should lose on the road to the team with the 2nd best record in the NFL is hilarious. :lol:

A team that we trounced by 28 points, who has Jalen Ramsey a CB that Josh has routinely made to look silly, in temperatures in the mid 70s?

Yeah, there is no freaking way we should lose that game... we would have 10 wins and if the best team in the league beats the Phins, they have 11 wins.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

I think you mean “somewhat probable”. 

• Like (+1) 2

This will be a game where Cook and the TEs get some targets in the pass game. Would really like to see some misdirection presnap and for the offense to just roll right over NE. Hoping to see Brady come up with some nice wrinkles, get the offense looking unstoppable heading into the playoffs. This team has the talent. Would really be great to start seeing some of that elusive consistency from the offense.

It's been a wild ride this year, but I can't help thinking, the Bills are right on the verge of a breakout game and then never looking back.

Last 2 road game the Pats beat Pittsburgh and Denver. (Appreciate them doing that but I’ll never admit it)

It will be a tough, divisional game. Like most games in the NFL, it will probably be a one score game at some point in the 4th quarter. I believe the Bills will come out on top but it will be a battle.

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I don't think some realize that we aren't guaranteed a playoff spot if we win out... we have an 82% chance if none of the teams we need to lose lose this week.

The Bills win out and they are in. 

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Last 2 road game the Pats beat Pittsburgh and Denver. (Appreciate them doing that but I’ll never admit it)

Eill be a tough, divisional game. Like most games in the NFL, it will probably be a one score game at some point in the 4th quarter. I believe the Bills will come out on top but it will be a battle.

I would normally agree. Just don't see it playing out that way this time around. NE all ready had one game like that this year. Ain't happening again. Really think the Bills dominate this one.

Another possible trap game,  I really would like to see the Bills using this game to get their passing game going.  I don't believe you will go far in the playoff depending on the running game unless you have some dominant defence which we do not have.  The year they went on a run it was because of passing the ball,  I don't buy this suger high for running the football because we did great against a small defensive Dallas front that is geared to rushing the passer. 

Look at the Raven,  they pass first.  If we're going to make a run then it needs to be using our QB and passing the ball and that includes using Cook in the passing game

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

We almost lost to a guy named Stick.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and nukes…

2 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Running game worked against Dallas..

so try the same plan against Chargers..

the try the exact same plan against the Patriots….and don’t realize its not working until midway through the 3rd quarter…

then let Josh be Josh and we win another nail biter.

Unless we get away from Cavemen football and start passing the ball more than this team will not go far. 

• Eyeroll 1

The Raven transformed their defence after they traded a 3rd & 5th rounder to the Bears for Smith.  That was a massive homerun trade and Bills blew it with overpaying a much older Von Miller. We could have given Smith the same money and even a little less than what Miller received

Even before the injury the contract at his age never made sense and right now he looks like he will never regain the ability to bend while rushing the QB.  Again on Saturday he did very little if anything 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Like as been said up thread, division games are hotly contested and any win is a positive.  Our guys need to come out firing on all pistons from the get go, I see a two score winning margin or more for the Bills.

GO BILLS!!!

Prediction: When Jones comes back, the defense will go on a tear.

14 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Unless we get away from Cavemen football and start passing the ball more than this team will not go far. 

Gabe had a 130yd game last week. I think they've all ready recognized that and are working on it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.