The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I tend to agree. His adjustments helped us win this game. But it was an adjustment to a plan that we can't win a Superbowl with. Don't get me wrong, we can run the ball now. We are not a top rushing offense but we can run it. However, if that is his only response when the offense gets stuck it won't be enough against better teams.

Kind of wonder if McDermott visited and kindly told him "GET THE BALL TO OTHER PEOPLE thanks"

It looks like we're regressing as an offense, Allen looks super uncomfortable and Allen is taking some massive shots. At what point if any will McDermott hold this guy accountable? We're in a SB window, I get you have guys you like but this is a business and should be treated as such, if a guy isn't ddoing his job well you need to find someone who will (Brady). There is no way this win should just be swept under the rug, we should have lost this game, had Tyrod not called that obnoxious run play at the goal line then we most likely lose this 1. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, buffblue said:

What game were you watching? His obsession with running the ball? The reason the Bills struggled is because Dorsey chose to barely run it. Am I in some parallel universe? 

29 run plays. 2 were Josh Allen scrambles.

TWENTY-SEVEN called runs. 

When you have Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I thought the 2nd half was better.... but he looks a bit lost right now to me. He has lost confidence. I think Josh has lost confidence in him. And they have both lost confidence on the other pass catchers besides Diggs.

I'm interested in what makes you say Dorsey's lost confidence. I'm not disagreeing but that's different than saying his play calling sucks. 

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Is this the official thread?

I'm afraid so.

Perhaps it will screech itself out of rotation and a more constructive and interesting one will take its place. 🤞

• Haha (+1) 4

I hated the fact that he was trying to slow the game down in the second half. You shorten the game when you're outmatched or if you have a nice lead. Neither of those applied. Still can't remember the last time we executed a screen pass. It's actually insane. 

Edited by Alpo Chino
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I tend to agree. His adjustments helped us win this game. But it was an adjustment to a plan that we can't win a Superbowl with. Don't get me wrong, we can run the ball now. We are not a top rushing offense but we can run it. However, if that is his only response when the offense gets stuck it won't be enough against better teams.

Funny though- did you catch collingsworth say Miami had good success keeping everything outside and found it interesting the bills were trying to run in the tackles?

Felt like an indirect shot at him.

Sometimes I just wonder where dorseys head is at

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

His call on 3rd down was gutsy and worked perfectly - Josh’s throw wasn’t perfect but was thigh high to knox who got both hands on it and dropped it. Was that Dorsey’s fault. I am very like warm on Dorsey but this offense is shooting itself in the foot with dropped passes, fumbles, interceptions. Hard to get in a rhythm sometime when your players are making mistakes

Yeah, Josh should have thrown a better pass but any NFL pass catcher should come up with that catch.

The contract they gave to Knox is ***** ridiculous. The guy has some of the worst hands going.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

His call on 3rd down was gutsy and worked perfectly - Josh’s throw wasn’t perfect but was thigh high to knox who got both hands on it and dropped it. Was that Dorsey’s fault. I am very like warm on Dorsey but this offense is shooting itself in the foot with dropped passes, fumbles, interceptions. Hard to get in a rhythm sometime when your players are making mistakes

That pass to Knox didn't have enough on it. Was it catchable? Yes but at the same time, Josh should have just kept running and slid. He may have even got the first down

4 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I bet Daboll was laughing his ass off at that playcall. How in god's name do you dial up something like that?

I mean he was the HC of a team who allowed his QB to check into a run play with no TOs on the last play. Yes I’m aware he’s the HC but he’s an offensive guy who can overrule anyone on his staff 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s one thing to suck.  It’s another to suck so badly you make other units worse.  

The time of possession difference over the past two games is incredibly concerning.  It’s almost 2-1.  

The offense is so bad right now that the defense is gassed by the end of the game and can’t slow anyone down.  It’s what cost us the Jags game and almost cost us the Giants game.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

6 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Are we really proposing firing the offensive coordinator mid-season at 4-2 with a top offense?

You think throwing a brand new guy in there mid-season will go smoothly?

man…

Ted marchibroda could call better plays from the grave than Dorsey 

• Like (+1) 1

It's absolutely wild he continues to do that. Dorsey has a horrible feel for the game, and it's not so much what he calls, but when he calls it.  Even on that 3rd down that was a bit low to Knox but still catchable. We knew we had to try and get a 1st down. 1st down run...ok. they should of tried playaction on 2nd down. Defense was still totally selling out for the run in 2nd down. He also always calls one too many runs. We ripped 2 10 yard runs. The 3rd play should be playaction. Short run for next t nothing, than playaction. His timing is just horribly off all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm interested in what makes you say Dorsey's lost confidence. I'm not disagreeing but that's different than saying his play calling sucks. 

He got to the point in the 2nd Quarter where he was only calling basically the same two plays. Run up the middle or PA pass with in cutters. That is like the golfer who only trusts his 7 iron and his 3 wood and won't hit any other club. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

He needs to stop letting defensive sets dictate to him and just call the diversified offense that we've seen him be perfectly capable of calling.

If he stops outthinking himself, he'll probably be OK.

I bet a straightforward meeting with the head coach this week will get that message across very clearly.

i mean.. we went from 2 separate extremes.. mostly deep to mostly within 10 yards..

2 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

You obviously have zero idea how game flow, opposition planning, distribution of the football, etc. work in an NFL offense. To sit here and look at the final stat line and make your proclamation reveals someone who clearly didn't watch the football game. 

He has no feel for the game and his game plans are questionable at best a lot of the time. 

It’s bizarre how even our scripted plays to start a game just feel thrown together with little thought or attention.

Remember the days when we were juggernaut and would score on every opening drive? Feels like an eternity ago.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

And?

Ken Dorsey was the QB coach prior to being named OC and he took a LONG while to hit his stride.

Ken Dorsey had never been an OC before.

You act as though we would start over with a guy who had never called plays before. And Kenny still hasn't hit his stride. His best game as an OC was his first one lmao.

Edited by FireChans

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He got to the point in the 2nd Quarter where he was only calling basically the same two plays. Run up the middle or PA pass with in cutters. That is like the golfer who only trusts his 7 iron and his 3 wood and won't hit any other club. 

He was paralyzed. I think that's infectious to the rest of the offensive personnel.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

So who has he lost confidence in? Himself? If so, the golfer analogy is odd imo.

14 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I roll my eyes at literally every single "fire the coordinator" or "fire the coach" post on here, or call on WGR. But I'm on board. 

This was horrific. His obsession with running the ball is maddening. The worst was a run play, from the shotgun, from INSIDE THE ONE YARD LINE. Handed the ball off at the 6. When you have a cheat code at QB that scores on literally 100% of those plays.

Maybe if the Giants lose enough games, we can get Daboll back. Dorsey just has NO imagination. 

No, no. The running the ball isn't the issue. Running the ball was helpful and effective. It's his obsession with shotgun that is the problem. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, buffblue said:

You obviously have zero idea how game flow, opposition planning, distribution of the football, etc. work in an NFL offense. To sit here and look at the final stat line and make your proclamation reveals someone who clearly didn't watch the football game. 

I didn't go to stats until you said that we "didn't run the ball".

I watched every play. 

Burning 10 minutes on a 17 play drive with 11 or 12 runs when you're running out of possessions and time, and playing from behind isn't gonna get it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

So who has he lost confidence in? Himself? If so, the golfer analogy is odd imo.

Yes I think he has lost confidence in his ability to find the right play. And I think both he and Josh have lost some confidence in the other offensive pieces.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Seems you guys can't even agree. One says we ran too little when it was working while the other says we ran too much bc we have Josh Allen. Yet both are proposing firing our offensive coordinator. Compare notes and come back please. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

When the people on this forum see this stat:  the Bills are the #1 offense in the NFL when running play action under center, yet Dorchebag refuses to use it in critical situations, then we get pissed off.  Shotgun runs on 3rd and 1 and 2nd and goal on the 1 are brain-dead.  They typically don't work and the Jagoffs stuffed them every time in London.  Dorchebag needs to stop running so much out of shotgun.  All the Bills RB's are way more effective with the running start they get when Josh is under center.  Sometimes the OC just has to get out his own way. 

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, That's No Moon said:

No, no. The running the ball isn't the issue. Running the ball was helpful and effective. It's his obsession with shotgun that is the problem. 

I'll give you that. The shotgun runs are maddening.

An effective running game is great, when you're trying to run clock out. It's great to have, situationally.

I don't love it when playing from behind, when you're running out of possessions, burning 10 minutes on one drive to go up 3.

Yup. I am on board.  Dorsey is terrible. There is just something not right with his offense.  I don't care what the stats say about #2 offense last year and Josh completion percent or whatever other stupid stat someone wants to pull up... Dorsey is not good.  He has no idea how to make use of the guys we have.  He makes a couple cool plays per game but that's about it. The shotgun with the back behind the QB on the goal line is what sealed it for me.  I don't care that he had a good play after that.  That play alone is just braindead stupid enough that he should be fired for.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

While I agree, Josh bears some blame...

That miss on 3rd down to Knox was on Josh, also Knox, but that was a terrible pass.

At the end of day/big picture, Dorsey is just OK.  We lack playmakers at WR.  Diggs then what?  Gabe isn't twitchy enough, then we have a bunch of "try hards" and a rookie who hasn't been utilized enough/right ways in Kincaid.

Need to spend more on offensive weaponry

Also need to replace nearly our entire secondary and we have some players on bad contracts so things are going to be tight