The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yes I think he has lost confidence in his ability to find the right play. And I think both he and Josh have lost some confidence in the other offensive pieces.

Well if you're right that he has lost confidence in his ability to find the right play - then Ken and I share the same lack of confidence.

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm afraid so.

Perhaps it will screech itself out of rotation and a more constructive and interesting one will take its place. 🤞

Or maybe it will get folded into the already existing Fire Ken Dorsey thread and somebody will take a minute and try to start a better one? :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Guy can’t call a decent offense. We saw it all game that running the ball from under center was working. Why abandon that so quickly. 

Heck, Daboll seemed to run the same play 5 times in a row in the second drive of the second half. If it works, keep using it. 

Josh in the gun on then 1 inch line is inexcusable. 

Ken can’t adjust and has been a bad OC since the second half of the GB game last year. He needs to go ASAP

Official?  Like zebra officials who make frequent mistakes and do not treat all teams fairly.

You are qualified to be a chief official, maybe even a right hand pawn of Roger Goodell.

I hope you are happy with your Don Quixote quest.

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yup. I am on board.  Dorsey is terrible. There is just something not right with his offense.  I don't care what the stats say about #2 offense last year and Josh completion percent or whatever other stupid stat someone wants to pull up... Dorsey is not good.  He has no idea how to make use of the guys we have.  He makes a couple cool plays per game but that's about it. The shotgun with the back behind the QB on the goal line is what sealed it for me.  I don't care that he had a good play after that.  That play alone is just braindead stupid enough that he should be fired for.

Totally agree. To dog hump on the misuse of players, Knox and Kinkaid have been almost invisible this year (yes i know Kinkaid was out tonight)

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I simply never want to see a handoff from shotgun ever again.

Not because it can’t work sometimes. but because I don’t trust Dorsey to know when NOT to run it.

Like at the freaking goal line.

If Allen isn't a threat to run it's just a regular old draw play and it's a lot easier to defend

30 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I roll my eyes at literally every single "fire the coordinator" or "fire the coach" post on here, or call on WGR. But I'm on board. 

This was horrific. His obsession with running the ball is maddening. The worst was a run play, from the shotgun, from INSIDE THE ONE YARD LINE. Handed the ball off at the 6. When you have a cheat code at QB that scores on literally 100% of those plays.

Maybe if the Giants lose enough games, we can get Daboll back. Dorsey just has NO imagination. 

You want Daboll to come back who hasn't scored a TD in 4 games and is 1-5 in his 2nd year?

Edited by What a Tuel

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Or maybe it will get folded into the already existing Fire Ken Dorsey thread and somebody will take a minute and try to start a better one? :devil:

This is certainly not better without Official Official blessing!  ( that word always sounds like waste to me ).

Right now the offense is making everyday plays look difficult.  Teams with much less talent are making plays routinely that the bills are struggling with.   Then Josh is doing heroic things to make them work. 

Its great we have Josh to do that but we shouldn't need heroic actions to complete routine plays. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I didn't go to stats until you said that we "didn't run the ball".

I watched every play. 

Burning 10 minutes on a 17 play drive with 11 or 12 runs when you're running out of possessions and time, and playing from behind isn't gonna get it.

That's the reason we were behind lol. Dorsey's stubborn inability to consistently attack the opponents biggest vulnerability is why we we were in the situation we found ourselves.

The Giants were 30th in the NFL against the rush and playing with half a deck on offense, missing their starting qb and 4/5 of their offensive line. To have 3 rush attempts with 5 minutes to go in the 1st half is not only unforgivable, it's unfathomable

• Like (+1) 7

I’ve been saying Dorsey was an issue all last year, off-season and this season.  

I gave him his credit for the fame plan against Miami, but that D sucks in Mia and it was one game.  He’s been awful most the rest of the season.  

At this point, I don’t think he can figure it out and needs to go.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I gave him his credit for the fame plan against Miami, but that D sucks in Mia and it was one game.  He’s been awful most the rest of the season.  

Will you admit you miss Daboll now, just for me?

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Last year he sucked, but in the back of your mind you could hope it was just inexperience. I have always thought that hiring was a bad decision but I gave him a rookie year and offseason to see what would happen. So far there's been nothing this year that makes me think he has taken his play calling to another level

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think it's will be a tragedy if they wait until the end of the season to fire him. Let's see what Brady or Shula can do with this offense before we completely abandon it and make everyone learn new plays. I think the problem is the PLAY CALLING and Knowing what and when to call certain things and not the PLAYS themselves 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, I ignored history and gave Dorsey credit after the thrashing of Miami as well. I was fooled. The Dolphins defense is trash and made Bryce Young look like a veteran qb today. That was eye opening

• Agree 3

Dorsey's in over his head.  

The problem is that we have a head coach that's so patient that he'll give him five seasons to figure it out, in the name of culture and loyalty.  

We'll see where this goes.  No one should hold their breath that Dorsey's going anywhere.  That's a McD issue.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s one thing to suck.  It’s another to suck so badly you make other units worse.  

The time of possession difference over the past two games is incredibly concerning.  It’s almost 2-1.  

The offense is so bad right now that the defense is gassed by the end of the game and can’t slow anyone down.  It’s what cost us the Jags game and almost cost us the Giants game.  

Gotta disagree with this. 

The Giants longest drive happened directly after our offense's 17 play 10 minute drive. Was the defense gassed from sitting on the bench for too long ?

This isn't the draught era Bills where the Offense played like garbage for the entire game and the defense puts together 3 strong quarters to keep it close for most of the game only to get blown out in the 4th. 

Halloween Wtf GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

that was some of worst play calling I’ve ever seen. I can’t even think about this game any more.  

We should fire Dawson Knox while we’re at it.  He should be benched.  Once I saw Josh throw him the ball I screamed NOOOOO NOT KNOX!!!!!  Incomplete pass was a given.  

And DB coaches need to start teaching the art of accidental tripping.  

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I think it's will be a tragedy if they wait until the end of the season to fire him. Let's see what Brady or Shula can do with this offense before we completely abandon it and make everyone learn new plays. I think the problem is the PLAY CALLING and Knowing what and when to call certain things and not the PLAYS themselves 

Then call it a tragedy.  There is no chance of him being fired mid season.  Rejected No Way GIF by Vxmadsen

• Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Then call it a tragedy.  There is no chance of him being fired mid season.  Rejected No Way GIF by Vxmadsen

This is how you waste a window lmao. 

It's like a reverse Sean Payton. Dude couldn't get his defense right and wasted a bunch of Prime Brees. We are gonna waste two years with Kenny in the booth.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

Guy can’t call a decent offense. We saw it all game that running the ball from under center was working. Why abandon that so quickly. 

Heck, Daboll seemed to run the same play 5 times in a row in the second drive of the second half. If it works, keep using it. 

Josh in the gun on then 1 inch line is inexcusable. 

Ken can’t adjust and has been a bad OC since the second half of the GB game last year. He needs to go ASAP

No arguments here. He's a deer in the headlights with zero clever concepts.  If I see another f-ing shotgun draw that neutralizes Cook's speed, I will personally deliver the pink slip to this 7th round scrub Hurricane qb myself.  He can throw his headset at me all he wants.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This is how you waste a window lmao. 

It's like a reverse Sean Payton. Dude couldn't get his defense right and wasted a bunch of Prime Brees. We are gonna waste two years with Kenny in the booth.

Looks like it

• Agree 2