The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

The worst was a run play, from the shotgun, from INSIDE THE ONE YARD LINE.

Let's also remember that McDermott signs off on these plays. We have been running short yardage plays from shotgun for several weeks now, it was not a one time brain fart from Dorsey. It's still happening which means McDermott is allowing it. At some point the head coach needs to step up and say enough is enough.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, HappyDays said:

Let's also remember that McDermott signs off on these plays. We have been running short yardage plays from shotgun for several weeks now, it was not a one time brain fart from Dorsey. It's still happening which means McDermott is allowing it. At some point the head coach needs to step up and say enough is enough.

That's what I said last week when the narrative was we just couldn't run on Jacksonville. 

When the truth is we ran the ball 3 times in the second half (2 of those were to Cook out of Shotgun). 

I said, where the heck is McDermott to override these stupid play calls?

Instead we get some lip service after the game about wanting to establish physicality, or wish we had more balance. 

We don't run. What do these coaches expect? The time of possession was 18:30 Giants, 11:30 Bills at halftime, it was going the same way as Jacksonville. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That's what I said last week when the narrative was we just couldn't run on Jacksonville. 

When the truth is we ran the ball 3 times in the second half (2 of those were to Cook out of Shotgun). 

I said, where the heck is McDermott to override these stupid play calls?

Instead we get some lip service after the game about wanting to establish physicality, or wish we had more balance. 

We don't run. What do these coaches expect? The time of possession was 18:30 Giants, 11:30 Bills at halftime, it was going the same way as Jacksonville. 

The jags were absolutely stacking the box because they knew our pass blocking couldn’t hold up long enough to attack deep.  
this week I was too nervous to get a good look at it and I’ll need to watch again 😂

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We are also the best play action pass team in the league though which seems to be taken for granted. If you aren’t gonna run out of shotgun nobody is biting on pa out of shotgun.  And if you’re running your whole offense under center, josh would’ve gotten absolutely abused the last few weeks..  he has frozen so many pass rushers coming free with stutter steps and every trick he’s got in his book and you’d lose a lot of that under center.  I can understand the criticism but there’s been benefits of those plays too throughout the game 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

His call on 3rd down was gutsy and worked perfectly - Josh’s throw wasn’t perfect but was thigh high to knox who got both hands on it and dropped it. Was that Dorsey’s fault. I am very like warm on Dorsey but this offense is shooting itself in the foot with dropped passes, fumbles, interceptions. Hard to get in a rhythm sometime when your players are making mistakes

Part of calling an offense is knowing your players and knowing who consistently makes those mistakes. That 3rd down was basically THE play of the game for our offense, the difference between icing it or forcing Bass into a 50+ yard kick and NY getting the ball back. On a critical play like that you have to be smart enough to know that Knox is not a dependable pass catcher on a good day, and tonight he's got a wrist injury on top of his usual ineptitude.

So the overall concept of targeting an undependable player like Knox on THE play of the game was fundamentally flawed.

I know people like to make fun of Allen for almost always looking at Diggs first, but why wouldn't he? Dependable targets should get the ball funneled to them. Diggs, then Cook/Murray in the run game, then the scraps to everybody else.

• Like (+1) 2

A loss would have dropped them to 3rd place in the division. Can you imagine? 3rd place behind the Zach Wilson led Jets? It's unreal how bad Dorsey has been. Ken Dorsey has Josh Allen and Nathaniel Hackett has Zach Wilson and they are in a dogfight.

• Like (+1) 1

I would have to watch the game again but Dorsey at least turned to the ground game in the second half. The first half was a ***** show but I really think that while the play calling could have been better it was the Gabe fumble and the great tips by the Giants MLB that stalled the offense’s momentum. 

Dorsey should have leaned on the ground game early once it was clear the offense was sputtering at least he got with the program later in the game.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes I think he has lost confidence in his ability to find the right play. And I think both he and Josh have lost some confidence in the other offensive pieces.

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

When the people on this forum see this stat:  the Bills are the #1 offense in the NFL when running play action under center, yet Dorchebag refuses to use it in critical situations, then we get pissed off.  Shotgun runs on 3rd and 1 and 2nd and goal on the 1 are brain-dead.  They typically don't work and the Jagoffs stuffed them every time in London.  Dorchebag needs to stop running so much out of shotgun.  All the Bills RB's are way more effective with the running start they get when Josh is under center.  Sometimes the OC just has to get out his own way. 

To these points..........I find it hard to believe that Dorsey,  who won a National Championship in college playing under center,  is the one totally behind all this shotgun bull####.

I think Allen must not be comfortable turning his back to the defense and is driving this remnant of Brian Douchebolls failures.

But under center is where he belongs.    He's not going to be Patrick Mahomes out there distributing dimes off-platform to 9 different receivers.   He needs the rhythm, timing and footwork that playing under center provides to elevate his game.    It's not a knock on him.......Tom Brady made a living doing it and he's the GOAT.    Getting under center largely negates the impact of the exotic fronts and that's why they are plowing thru them on the ground and receivers are coming open when they use it.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Dorsey's in over his head.  

The problem is that we have a head coach that's so patient that he'll give him five seasons to figure it out, in the name of culture and loyalty.  

We'll see where this goes.  No one should hold their breath that Dorsey's going anywhere.  That's a McD issue.  

Plus, McD has his head so far up in the defense side of the ball. Seems like he has a laissez-faire attitude when it comes to the offense. Not good!

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Dorsey calls a good RZ game. Perhaps we should let Allen run the K-Gun and play more uptempo. The slowness between plays is another thing that bugged me. There seemed to be no sense of urgency. 

This 10 min Bills drives are like watching paint dry. Dink and dunk and convert 3rd and short. Execution has to be nearly perfect to sustain such long methodical drives. Not much room for error.

I miss the quick strike, free wheeling Bills offense of the past. I miss the Allen RPOs, the Allen jumps and game changing scrambles and runs. 

This current offense just seems off and not dynamic enough. With the D injuries the offense must get better. 

3 hours ago, buffblue said:

Yeah, I ignored history and gave Dorsey credit after the thrashing of Miami as well. I was fooled. The Dolphins defense is trash and made Bryce Young look like a veteran qb today. That was eye opening

The person that deserves credit for that game is McD for slowing that Miami offense down. 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Part of calling an offense is knowing your players and knowing who consistently makes those mistakes. That 3rd down was basically THE play of the game for our offense, the difference between icing it or forcing Bass into a 50+ yard kick and NY getting the ball back. On a critical play like that you have to be smart enough to know that Knox is not a dependable pass catcher on a good day, and tonight he's got a wrist injury on top of his usual ineptitude.

So the overall concept of targeting an undependable player like Knox on THE play of the game was fundamentally flawed.

I know people like to make fun of Allen for almost always looking at Diggs first, but why wouldn't he? Dependable targets should get the ball funneled to them. Diggs, then Cook/Murray in the run game, then the scraps to everybody else.

I'd  like to get your thoughts after you watch it more closely.