The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

Guy can’t call a decent offense. We saw it all game that running the ball from under center was working. Why abandon that so quickly. 

Heck, Daboll seemed to run the same play 5 times in a row in the second drive of the second half. If it works, keep using it. 

Josh in the gun on then 1 inch line is inexcusable. 

Ken can’t adjust and has been a bad OC since the second half of the GB game last year. He needs to go ASAP

Edited by VaMilBill
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 41
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

Dude has GOT to go.  Not only does he bear responsibility for whatever the ***** that first half was, this offense has looked completely out of sync for approximately 50% of their games this year.

He got his rookie year to learn.  Unfortunately, he has only gotten worse.  The book is out on his tendencies.  He doesn't learn.  He rarely adjusts.  When he does adjust, he does it for like 3 plays then goes back to the same old crap.

I, for one, will be praying that a press release is announced tomorrow that he has been relieved of his duties.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 18
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I roll my eyes at literally every single "fire the coordinator" or "fire the coach" post on here, or call on WGR. But I'm on board. 

This was horrific. His obsession with running the ball is maddening. The worst was a run play, from the shotgun, from INSIDE THE ONE YARD LINE. Handed the ball off at the 6. When you have a cheat code at QB that scores on literally 100% of those plays.

Maybe if the Giants lose enough games, we can get Daboll back. Dorsey just has NO imagination. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Coldfronts said:

I am not a Dorsey hater but it does seem he is learning  on the fly

Are you referring to his string of run plays? That was good to see. Wish he had thought to do that earlier in the game. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Coldfronts said:

I am not a Dorsey hater but it does seem he is learning  on the fly

Someone said in the GDT that he was using Daboll’s playbook… Whilst it is expected for nuances and play design to be similar, if ever there was a time to show your creativity it was now. 

Giants being in this game has to do with Daboll’s history here. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Guy can’t call a decent offense. We saw it all game that running the ball from under center was working. Why abandon that so quickly. 

Heck, Daboll seemed to run the same play 5 times in a row in the second drive of the second half. If it works, keep using it. 

Josh in the gun on then 1 inch line is inexcusable. 

Ken can’t adjust and has been a bad OC since the second half of the GB game last year. He needs to go ASAP

Oh God thanks for reminding me about shotgun inside the 1.  We have possibly the best QB sneaker in history and I don't remember the last time a sneak was called.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I thought the 2nd half was better.... but he looks a bit lost right now to me. He has lost confidence. I think Josh has lost confidence in him. And they have both lost confidence on the other pass catchers besides Diggs.

The second half was better because you can only get better than zero points lol.

He's cooked as a coordinator.  It's ova.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, CLTbills said:

I roll my eyes at literally every single "fire the coordinator" or "fire the coach" post on here, or call on WGR. But I'm on board. 

This was horrific. His obsession with running the ball is maddening. The worst was a run play, from the shotgun, from INSIDE THE ONE YARD LINE. Handed the ball off at the 6. When you have a cheat code at QB that scores on literally 100% of those plays.

Maybe if the Giants lose enough games, we can get Daboll back. Dorsey just has NO imagination. 

I bet Daboll was laughing his ass off at that playcall. How in god's name do you dial up something like that?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

Someone said in the GDT that he was using Daboll’s playbook… Whilst it is expected for nuances and play design to be similar, if ever there was a time to show your creativity it was now. 

Giants being in this game has to do with Daboll’s history here. 

let's hope so

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

Daboll not coming back. He was butting heads with McDermott by the end of his tenure and was going to move on whether he got a HC job or not 

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

Oh God thanks for reminding me about shotgun inside the 1.  We have possibly the best QB sneaker in history and I don't remember the last time a sneak was called.

Josh's shoulder isn't right. Not good. But that was prolly the reason.

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

Are we really proposing firing the offensive coordinator mid-season at 4-2 with a top offense?

You think throwing a brand new guy in there mid-season will go smoothly?

man…

Joe Brady is the QB coach and has OC experience.

Just now, FireChans said:

The second half was better because you can only get better than zero points lol.

He's cooked as a coordinator.  It's ova.

Yea I tend to agree. His adjustments helped us win this game. But it was an adjustment to a plan that we can't win a Superbowl with. Don't get me wrong, we can run the ball now. We are not a top rushing offense but we can run it. However, if that is his only response when the offense gets stuck it won't be enough against better teams.

• Agree 4

His call on 3rd down was gutsy and worked perfectly - Josh’s throw wasn’t perfect but was thigh high to knox who got both hands on it and dropped it. Was that Dorsey’s fault. I am very like warm on Dorsey but this offense is shooting itself in the foot with dropped passes, fumbles, interceptions. Hard to get in a rhythm sometime when your players are making mistakes

• Disagree 1

He needs to stop letting defensive sets dictate to him and just call the diversified offense that we've seen him be perfectly capable of calling.

If he stops outthinking himself, he'll probably be OK.

I bet a straightforward meeting with the head coach this week will get that message across very clearly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

While I agree, Josh bears some blame...

That miss on 3rd down to Knox was on Josh, also Knox, but that was a terrible pass.

At the end of day/big picture, Dorsey is just OK.  We lack playmakers at WR.  Diggs then what?  Gabe isn't twitchy enough, then we have a bunch of "try hards" and a rookie who hasn't been utilized enough/right ways in Kincaid.

Need to spend more on offensive weaponry

2 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

What game were you watching? His obsession with running the ball? The reason the Bills struggled is because Dorsey chose to barely run it. Am I in some parallel universe? 

• Agree 2

Just now, Simon said:

He needs to stop letting defensive sets dictate to him and just call the diversified offense that we've seen him be perfectly capable of calling.

If he stops outthinking himself, he'll probably be OK.

I bet a straightforward meeting with the head coach this week will get that message across very clearly.

Hopefully that straightforward meeting results in his firing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1