The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

Just now, HappyDays said:

I don't have any issues with Dorsey today. 25 points against a good defensive coach with Allen missing throws, pass protection issues, dropped passes.

On the other hand, 29 points allowed to a moribund offense. The coach responsible for that should be on the hot seat. Yeah, that coach.

Need to play first half better espy on offense

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

this is wrong. 10 points until 5 min in the 4th is not acceptable. Never ever.

That's fair but I didn't see any specific play calling or scheme issues today like I have in other weeks. It was mostly just poor execution.

Defensively I thought our play calling was awful

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

That's fair but I didn't see any specific play calling or scheme issues today like I have in other weeks. It was mostly just poor execution.

Defensively I thought our play calling was awful

His job is to prepare the offense to execute. The offense literally gets worse every week this man oversees the operation.

Another week without a scoring drive in our script. What does Dorsey do all week?

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

His job is to prepare the offense to execute. The offense literally gets worse every week this man oversees the operation.

Another week without a scoring drive in our script. What does Dorsey do all week?

It's a moot point. If the season continues this way and McDermott deservedly loses his job, Dorsey will be gone too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I don't have any issues with Dorsey today. 25 points against a good defensive coach with Allen missing throws, pass protection issues, dropped passes. 1 more point than the Dolphins offense scored against them.

On the other hand, 29 points allowed to a moribund offense. The coach responsible for that should be on the hot seat. Yeah, that coach.

Cook/Kincaid usage was on point.  There were plays where Allen looked like he had to go to his 5th read which I’d attribute to a good defensive plan.  There were throws Allen missed including a walk in TD which was a tough but make-able throw, Then there was that Knox drop…….

59 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

IMHO - Dorsey won't be fired without letting go of McD.  Even if Pegula or Beane wants Dorsey gone, McD will take a stand and not fire him without being fired himself.

I disagree; the defense was incredible until it lost Jones AND Oliver. 

The offense is sloppy and uncoordinated, I can absolutely see them letting Dorsey go. If we walk into next Saturday 4-4, I can see the move happening sooner than later. We have guys on the staff with more experience than Dorsey. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

IMHO - Dorsey won't be fired without letting go of McD.  Even if Pegula or Beane wants Dorsey gone, McD will take a stand and not fire him without being fired himself.

I’m not sure about that. No reason to think McD is unyieldingly loyal to Dorsey

Anyone remember when Daboll was on the sidelines after things weren't going well in the booth? Maybe Dorsey needs to get down to the field where Josh is and speak to him man to man....Mahomes player caller is right next to him why isn't Josh's?

1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

Josh lobbied for Dorsey.  Maybe McD is loyal too, but Josh has surrounded himself with buddies like Dorsey and Knox.  Now the buddies are the scapegoats.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I don't have any issues with Dorsey today. 25 points against a good defensive coach with Allen missing throws, pass protection issues, dropped passes. 1 more point than the Dolphins offense scored against them.

this doesn’t make any sense - the didn’t show up in the first half.