The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

The worst was a run play, from the shotgun, from INSIDE THE ONE YARD LINE.

Let's also remember that McDermott signs off on these plays. We have been running short yardage plays from shotgun for several weeks now, it was not a one time brain fart from Dorsey. It's still happening which means McDermott is allowing it. At some point the head coach needs to step up and say enough is enough.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, HappyDays said:

Let's also remember that McDermott signs off on these plays. We have been running short yardage plays from shotgun for several weeks now, it was not a one time brain fart from Dorsey. It's still happening which means McDermott is allowing it. At some point the head coach needs to step up and say enough is enough.

That's what I said last week when the narrative was we just couldn't run on Jacksonville. 

When the truth is we ran the ball 3 times in the second half (2 of those were to Cook out of Shotgun). 

I said, where the heck is McDermott to override these stupid play calls?

Instead we get some lip service after the game about wanting to establish physicality, or wish we had more balance. 

We don't run. What do these coaches expect? The time of possession was 18:30 Giants, 11:30 Bills at halftime, it was going the same way as Jacksonville. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That's what I said last week when the narrative was we just couldn't run on Jacksonville. 

When the truth is we ran the ball 3 times in the second half (2 of those were to Cook out of Shotgun). 

I said, where the heck is McDermott to override these stupid play calls?

Instead we get some lip service after the game about wanting to establish physicality, or wish we had more balance. 

We don't run. What do these coaches expect? The time of possession was 18:30 Giants, 11:30 Bills at halftime, it was going the same way as Jacksonville. 

The jags were absolutely stacking the box because they knew our pass blocking couldn’t hold up long enough to attack deep.  
this week I was too nervous to get a good look at it and I’ll need to watch again 😂

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We are also the best play action pass team in the league though which seems to be taken for granted. If you aren’t gonna run out of shotgun nobody is biting on pa out of shotgun.  And if you’re running your whole offense under center, josh would’ve gotten absolutely abused the last few weeks..  he has frozen so many pass rushers coming free with stutter steps and every trick he’s got in his book and you’d lose a lot of that under center.  I can understand the criticism but there’s been benefits of those plays too throughout the game 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

His call on 3rd down was gutsy and worked perfectly - Josh’s throw wasn’t perfect but was thigh high to knox who got both hands on it and dropped it. Was that Dorsey’s fault. I am very like warm on Dorsey but this offense is shooting itself in the foot with dropped passes, fumbles, interceptions. Hard to get in a rhythm sometime when your players are making mistakes

Part of calling an offense is knowing your players and knowing who consistently makes those mistakes. That 3rd down was basically THE play of the game for our offense, the difference between icing it or forcing Bass into a 50+ yard kick and NY getting the ball back. On a critical play like that you have to be smart enough to know that Knox is not a dependable pass catcher on a good day, and tonight he's got a wrist injury on top of his usual ineptitude.

So the overall concept of targeting an undependable player like Knox on THE play of the game was fundamentally flawed.

I know people like to make fun of Allen for almost always looking at Diggs first, but why wouldn't he? Dependable targets should get the ball funneled to them. Diggs, then Cook/Murray in the run game, then the scraps to everybody else.

• Like (+1) 2

A loss would have dropped them to 3rd place in the division. Can you imagine? 3rd place behind the Zach Wilson led Jets? It's unreal how bad Dorsey has been. Ken Dorsey has Josh Allen and Nathaniel Hackett has Zach Wilson and they are in a dogfight.

• Like (+1) 1

I would have to watch the game again but Dorsey at least turned to the ground game in the second half. The first half was a ***** show but I really think that while the play calling could have been better it was the Gabe fumble and the great tips by the Giants MLB that stalled the offense’s momentum. 

Dorsey should have leaned on the ground game early once it was clear the offense was sputtering at least he got with the program later in the game.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes I think he has lost confidence in his ability to find the right play. And I think both he and Josh have lost some confidence in the other offensive pieces.

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

When the people on this forum see this stat:  the Bills are the #1 offense in the NFL when running play action under center, yet Dorchebag refuses to use it in critical situations, then we get pissed off.  Shotgun runs on 3rd and 1 and 2nd and goal on the 1 are brain-dead.  They typically don't work and the Jagoffs stuffed them every time in London.  Dorchebag needs to stop running so much out of shotgun.  All the Bills RB's are way more effective with the running start they get when Josh is under center.  Sometimes the OC just has to get out his own way. 

To these points..........I find it hard to believe that Dorsey,  who won a National Championship in college playing under center,  is the one totally behind all this shotgun bull####.

I think Allen must not be comfortable turning his back to the defense and is driving this remnant of Brian Douchebolls failures.

But under center is where he belongs.    He's not going to be Patrick Mahomes out there distributing dimes off-platform to 9 different receivers.   He needs the rhythm, timing and footwork that playing under center provides to elevate his game.    It's not a knock on him.......Tom Brady made a living doing it and he's the GOAT.    Getting under center largely negates the impact of the exotic fronts and that's why they are plowing thru them on the ground and receivers are coming open when they use it.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Dorsey's in over his head.  

The problem is that we have a head coach that's so patient that he'll give him five seasons to figure it out, in the name of culture and loyalty.  

We'll see where this goes.  No one should hold their breath that Dorsey's going anywhere.  That's a McD issue.  

Plus, McD has his head so far up in the defense side of the ball. Seems like he has a laissez-faire attitude when it comes to the offense. Not good!

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Dorsey calls a good RZ game. Perhaps we should let Allen run the K-Gun and play more uptempo. The slowness between plays is another thing that bugged me. There seemed to be no sense of urgency. 

This 10 min Bills drives are like watching paint dry. Dink and dunk and convert 3rd and short. Execution has to be nearly perfect to sustain such long methodical drives. Not much room for error.

I miss the quick strike, free wheeling Bills offense of the past. I miss the Allen RPOs, the Allen jumps and game changing scrambles and runs. 

This current offense just seems off and not dynamic enough. With the D injuries the offense must get better. 

3 hours ago, buffblue said:

Yeah, I ignored history and gave Dorsey credit after the thrashing of Miami as well. I was fooled. The Dolphins defense is trash and made Bryce Young look like a veteran qb today. That was eye opening

The person that deserves credit for that game is McD for slowing that Miami offense down. 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Part of calling an offense is knowing your players and knowing who consistently makes those mistakes. That 3rd down was basically THE play of the game for our offense, the difference between icing it or forcing Bass into a 50+ yard kick and NY getting the ball back. On a critical play like that you have to be smart enough to know that Knox is not a dependable pass catcher on a good day, and tonight he's got a wrist injury on top of his usual ineptitude.

So the overall concept of targeting an undependable player like Knox on THE play of the game was fundamentally flawed.

I know people like to make fun of Allen for almost always looking at Diggs first, but why wouldn't he? Dependable targets should get the ball funneled to them. Diggs, then Cook/Murray in the run game, then the scraps to everybody else.

I'd  like to get your thoughts after you watch it more closely. 

Dorsey and McD have successfully coached out of Josh what actually made Josh special. I been saying it for years to not coach Josh out of Josh. Well they did it. It takes a special group of coaches to successfully coach the special something out of a Qb that makes him elite to begin with. It’s fricken disgusting. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Dorsey and McD have successfully coached out of Josh what actually made Josh special. I been saying it for years to not coach Josh out of Josh. Well they did it. It takes a special group of coaches to successfully coach the special something out of a Qb that makes him elite to begin with. It’s fricken disgusting. 

I've been banging the drum for quite awhile that this team needs new coaching. 

You are exactly right here. The Bills organization is wasting valuable opportunities with Allen at the helm. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Stop it.  It was an easy throw for a HS QB and Josh blew it.  95% Josh, 5% Knox, 0% Dorsey….on that play.  I agree with some other points about Dorsey….. not all but some.  The TD to Harty was a great call even if it came on the heels of a terrible call…..which it did.  Josh had more good plays than bad but he’s not flawless and that 3rd down clincher was all on him.  

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

To these points..........I find it hard to believe that Dorsey,  who won a National Championship in college playing under center,  is the one totally behind all this shotgun bull####.

I think Allen must not be comfortable turning his back to the defense and is driving this remnant of Brian Douchebolls failures.

But under center is where he belongs.    He's not going to be Patrick Mahomes out there distributing dimes off-platform to 9 different receivers.   He needs the rhythm, timing and footwork that playing under center provides to elevate his game.    It's not a knock on him.......Tom Brady made a living doing it and he's the GOAT.    Getting under center largely negates the impact of the exotic fronts and that's why they are plowing thru them on the ground and receivers are coming open when they use it.   

Yea there must be a Josh element in there. Like you said it might be his relative comfort level in shotgun v under center.

3rd and 1 in the shotgun? Punting from the 37 yard line? Josh Allen does not run anymore? Whoever is responsible for gelding the Bills offense should be accountable. That performance was disgusting. 28 NFL teams beat you with the way that you played last night. The coaching was an abomination. Fortunately the talent gap overcame it last night. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

aside from far too many junk play calls (shotgun runs right into the d has happened like 6 times off the dome, and each ended a drive), imo our real issue is the Ds know our routes, and most of all our protections stink.

every time an overload, a creative stunt, or some kind of pressure or coverage disguise is put out there, we just don't pick it up cleanly.  Josh does not process stuff before the snap well enough, and blah pass rush teams can create pressure off of design because we just don't pick it up.

im starting to get on board this wagon (im pretty much on).  josh and some of the guys we have are getting a bit wasted.

• Agree 2

They were lucky to win that game and honestly I was surprised they didn't blow it at the end.  That's 3 bad games out of 6 for the offense.  Its clear somethings wrong and pointing the finger at Dorsey is a good place to start.  Sure the Jets defense is pretty good, and considering the defense, hit by injuries, held up their end of the bargain in London last week we should be able to dismiss the jet lag excuse, and then against a Giants team last night another clunker.  We all agree running out of the shotgun a foot from the goal line is ridiculous.  Next week is another clearly winnable game.  If they struggle for 3 weeks in a row then something needs to change ASAP. 

The problem, and all of us know it, is Bills management are always the last people to figure out somethings wrong and by the time adjustments and changes are made its usually too late to salvage the season.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Stop it.  It was an easy throw for a HS QB and Josh blew it.  95% Josh, 5% Knox, 0% Dorsey….on that play.  I agree with some other points about Dorsey….. not all but some.  The TD to Harty was a great call even if it came on the heels of a terrible call…..which it did.  Josh had more good plays than bad but he’s not flawless and that 3rd down clincher was all on him.  

He got paid like a top TE and the ball was in his hands, not just hit but in his hands. 

• Like (+1) 2

Who decided it would be a good idea to have a first time playcaller be your offensive coordinator?

And then they doubled down on it this past off-season... Give him time he'll learn from his first year lol 🤣🤣... Give me a freaking break!!  He's calling the same garbage 3rd grade offense as last year.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

When passes hit WR/TE hands in the NFL you catch it. How many execution flaws have we seen the past 2 weeks now by our skill players? It cost us the Jax game and nearly a W last night. 

Dorsey does need to get his head out his ass though with the shotgun runs on insert down and short.

I see they have throttled Josh down running the ball this year for career longevity which is not a bad thing. I do however think Josh needs a few licks on DBs to get him playing to his high standard. 

Glad this thread is official. 

All that and the Bills are still 3rd in the league scoring.  Who the hell would take over with actual credentials or track record as an OC? 

Edited by Real McNasty

Just thinking about last night, who would know our offense and player tendencies better than Daboll??  Think he was involved with the defensive game plan a little bit?   While the offense under Dorsey is inconsistent, they’re statistically top 5 or so.  He did call a 17 play drive that ate up 9:58 and wore out the Giants as well so it wasn’t all bad.  Some of the issues are on the players also so I can’t blame him for the bad and ignore the good.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

When passes hit WR/TE hands in the NFL you catch it. How many execution flaws have we seen the past 2 weeks now by our skill players? I cost us the Jax game and nearly last night. 

Dorsey does need to get his head out his ass though with the shotgun runs on insert down and short.

I see they have throttled Josh down running the ball this year for career longevity which is not a bad thing. I do however think Josh needs a few licks on DBs to get him playing to his standard. 

Glad this thread is official. 

All that and the Bills are still 3rd in the league scoring.  Who the hell would take over with actual credentials or track record as an OC? 

Joe Brady.

And at this point it is obvious that Dorsey is just another run-of-the-mill play caller who can’t maximize his star QBs talents. Dude needs to go. 

and if Joe Brady isn’t it, then we hire someone next season. But we can’t spend years trying figure out if we have a good OC in staff while Josh’s prime comes and goes and our SB window closes. 

This knuckle-dragging troglodyte doesn’t deserve to work with Josh. 

Case in point: He needed ONE first down to end the game. He called a run for two yards, THE SHOTGUN SPRINT DRAW FROM HELL on second and 7, and then a TE iso deep to Knox??

No rhythm, no flow, no identity. Get rid of this stupid pencil neck loser now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Now do Josh.

It's not a good throw. 5% Knox is some serious hyperbole though. The dude has 50/50 hands and is seriously overrated based solely on his friendship with Josh. If anything that's on Dorsey for dialing up a play to him when you can't afford a drop. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

3rd and 1 in the shotgun? Punting from the 37 yard line? Josh Allen does not run anymore? Whoever is responsible for gelding the Bills offense should be accountable. That performance was disgusting. 28 NFL teams beat you with the way that you played last night. The coaching was an abomination. Fortunately the talent gap overcame it last night. 

And the clock management/decision making on the last offensive drive as well.

Horrible all around 

• Agree 1