Week 5, Jagoffs v. Bills - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

Bills 24

Jags17

Only reason it’s this close is because of the location. Don’t understand the point of the games in Europe. I knew people involved in the North American Soccer League in the 1970s, I remember them saying it takes three generations of kids playing a sport for it to become popular. Nobody played soccer when I was a kid, now a lot play. With the controversy around head injury, does the NFL really think European children are going to suddenly start playing American football?

Watched Jags-Falcons, game would have been close if not for Ridder interceptions. Falcons were able to run the ball effectively, if the Bills can do that they will win.

Edited by chris heff
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Bills 24

Jags 20

The Jags seem like a team figuring themselves out a bit and I won't be surprised if the second half of the season they get on a nice run. Secondly their defense while in the lower half of the league against the pass is top ten against the run. Josh Allen Jax version is a real threat, but the rest of their d-line is not as potent. During Buffalo's three game run the run game has been gashing teams, how the Bills do being able to run will either open the passing game more or allow the Jags to tighten on it.

I see the game being a bit back and forth and I would not be surprised if the Bills are a little sluggish in the first half down something like 13-10 at half. But second half the chariots of fire come as the offense ball controls a bit to get a 24-13 lead and while the Jags narrow it to 24-20, the defense shuts them down late as the Bills get their 4th in a row.

Allen 26-34 292 yds 2 TDs 22 yds rush

Cooks 11 att 53 yds

Kincaid 6 rec 89 yds 1 TD

Groot 2 sacks

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Bills 23 Jags 20

Next step for Josh is to show he can win ugly like Mahomes.  NFL teams adjust and teams are gonna try to keep it close and make game ugly.  Josh leads game winning drive after offense is stuck in neutral for most of game.  

Josh needs to show he can win ugly? Did you miss all of last season? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

When's the last time an NFL team won four straight games by 28+ points?  Someone will need to refresh me.  I just can't imagine that happening.  With the body clock disadvantage and law of averages, and the Jags being a decent (not great) team... I believe this game will be closer than it should be.  There's going to be some adversity in this one and a turnover or two. 

Bills 27

Jags 24

It's never happened, which is why I said we will set a new record. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

21-12 Bills

I thought that you should know

Don't annoy us further.

Bills 27 Jags 19

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

JAC 27

BUF 16

I think this is a tough one. These Bills have never been to London, Jags are ready to go, Jags always give the Bills fits historically. I smell trouble.

You are smelling your own body odor. Take a shower.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 10/5/2023 at 7:22 AM, BuffaloRebound said:

Bills 23 Jags 20

Next step for Josh is to show he can win ugly like Mahomes.  NFL teams adjust and teams are gonna try to keep it close and make game ugly.  Josh leads game winning drive after offense is stuck in neutral for most of game.  

On 10/5/2023 at 8:12 AM, Process said:

Josh needs to show he can win ugly? Did you miss all of last season? 

It's like some people here don't even watch the Buffalo Bills

• Like (+1) 2

Well the Bills biggest hater, Thad Brown, picked them to win 41-13, lol. 

I'm thinking the Jags might cover the 5.5. They always give the Bills fits for some reason. Not to mention they've been chilling in London for almost two weeks. 

Still like the Bills, 36-31

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/6/2023 at 5:51 AM, entropyrules said:

Coming off huge emotional win, time zone travel woes, the other team has pseudo home field advantage, probably a trap game....Bills 31 Jags 13

Too many posters clearly haven't traveled often far from home.  It's 5 hours difference-- only 2 more than LA to NY (and an extra hour in the air).

Anyway....Bills 42-20

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/5/2023 at 4:12 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

JAC 27

BUF 16

I think this is a tough one. These Bills have never been to London, Jags are ready to go, Jags always give the Bills fits historically. I smell trouble.

I think you have the score basically right but in the wrong direction.  No way the Jags score 27 on Buffalo.  I see a close game going into the 4th and the Bills pull away.  Jags D is more effective than their O at this point.  The time change issue is BS.

bills 27 Jags 16

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.