Week 5, Jagoffs v. Bills - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

On 10/5/2023 at 3:00 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

Congratulations again to last week's winner @SoonerBillsFan!  This week, the Bills travel to London for a home game against the Jagoffs at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.   This game is the one that vanquishes the ghosts.  The ghost of EJ Manuel almost leading an amazing comeback in London after throwing 3 first half INTs, only to have it stolen by a zebra with a phantom penalty call against Nuke.  The ghost of 2021 in Jacksonville, a 9-6 loss to a terrible Urban Meyer-led Jagoffs team.  The Bills O-line, QB, and defense are much improved since those debacles, so I expect the Bills to extract a significant amount of revenge on Sunday morning.  Fabio is about to meet the NFL leaders in sacks and takeaways, and he will spend much of the day running for his life, on his ass, and coughing up the rock.  This game will again be very ugly, and the Bills will set the NFL record for consecutive 28-point wins.

Jagoffs - 13

Beews - 51  

Past Winners

Week 1 - @JaCrispy

Week 2 - @Gary Marangi

Week 3 - @Nelius

Week 4 - @SoonerBillsFan

Bills 33 “Jagoffs” 21

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Too many posters clearly haven't traveled often far from home.  It's 5 hours difference-- only 2 more than LA to NY (and an extra hour in the air).

Anyway....Bills 42-20

You totally missed the point...sarcasm is probably not in your wheelhouse

Bills 31- Jags 24

Bills go up by two possessions but the Jags hang in there. Late in the 4th quarter, the Jags down 31-21 kick a field goal to cut it to a one possession game but Josh and the boys run out the clock to preserve the lead. Could be a very funky game. Hopefully, the ground game gets going early and the Bills can control the game with the defense and the playaction passing game. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I don't like that they have players returning and we have players with mystery feet injuries. I'm typically a downer and say the Bills will lose as a defense mechanism, but I think they win. I just can't say by how much. 

We are getting Von and Poyer back though

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's like some people here don't even watch the Buffalo Bills

guess we have different definition of winning ugly.  Miami home regular season game last year only game I can remember in last couple years where we got outplayed for majority of game and pulled it out at the end.  Getting ahead early then getting bored and having to hang on at the end is to me more loss of focus for 60 minutes than winning ugly.  

Im expecting Jags to come out and punch us in mouth and this being a game where Bills are gonna have to find a way to keep it close and pull it out at end.  Not a gambler, but Bills giving 5.5 points seems like way too much.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Too many posters clearly haven't traveled often far from home.  It's 5 hours difference-- only 2 more than LA to NY (and an extra hour in the air).

Anyway....Bills 42-20

That's what I don't understand. Why do these London games have to start at 9-930 a.m.? Start them at 1 p.m. est. It would be 6 p.m. there. Just another money grab from good ol Roger.  

2 hours ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Jags 30 Bills 20 .. something about the jags where we always struggle. The other josh Allen is really good and I’m not sure I can trust that bad josh is gone just yet. Injury bad luck rearing it’s ugly head again. 

I basically said the same thing. The Jags always seem to give the Bills problems. As for the other Josh Allen, he doesn't scare me. The Bills completely took Max Crosby out of the Raiders game, and all those Washington 1st round D-linemen that are so highly touted. I think they'll do the same with JA#2. I do like the Bills to win a close one. The Bills may finally have a good o-line. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

That's what I don't understand. Why do these London games have to start at 9-930 a.m.? Start them at 1 p.m. est. It would be 6 p.m. there. Just another money grab from good ol Roger.  

They did originally. I definitely went to Wembley once for a game at the same time as the Bills were playing a 6pm game. The loss in New Orleans under Marrone. Maybe 2014.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

You understand. It’s so they can get an extra time slot on tv$$$$

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

What part of "it's the only game on" didn't you understand?  :devil:

Exactly, more time for the NFL to make more ad money. I just feel sorry for those fans out west who have to get up at 630 on a Sunday just to watch a football game. When I was in Vegas, just having to be ready for the 10 a.m. kickoff from Buffalo was quite strange. 

52 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You understand. It’s so they can get an extra time slot on tv$$$$

And 50 more advertisment slots. Greedy NFL. 😆 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

scheduling a game at 9:30 am in the US is a money grab?

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

From all the extra ad revenue?? Um, duh!!!

They want a full stadium, not a night game overseas. 

Anyway. have you been complaining about this every year?  NFL has been over there for years.  Why wouldn't you just enjoy the extra game??  It gives you 14 hours of NFL today.  You're welcome.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

They want a full stadium, not a night game overseas. 

Anyway. have you been complaining about this every year?  NFL has been over there for years.  Why wouldn't you just enjoy the extra game??  It gives you 14 hours of NFL today.  You're welcome.

I'm a STH, I'd rather have this so called "home game" actually at home. 

Def rigged

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's a totally different issue.  You were moaning about a 9;30 game.  Were you going to the game if it was in Buffalo?

Absolutely. Most of their home games are not at the usual 1 pm start time. But I'll be at every one. You can watch them all from your couch.

4 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Absolutely. Most of their home games are not at the usual 1 pm start time. But I'll be at every one. You can watch them all from your couch.

this is essentially a Bills fan filled stadium.  You should have gone over.  London is amazing

On 10/5/2023 at 3:00 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

Congratulations again to last week's winner @SoonerBillsFan!  This week, the Bills travel to London for a home game against the Jagoffs at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.   This game is the one that vanquishes the ghosts.  The ghost of EJ Manuel almost leading an amazing comeback in London after throwing 3 first half INTs, only to have it stolen by a zebra with a phantom penalty call against Nuke.  The ghost of 2021 in Jacksonville, a 9-6 loss to a terrible Urban Meyer-led Jagoffs team.  The Bills O-line, QB, and defense are much improved since those debacles, so I expect the Bills to extract a significant amount of revenge on Sunday morning.  Fabio is about to meet the NFL leaders in sacks and takeaways, and he will spend much of the day running for his life, on his ass, and coughing up the rock.  This game will again be very ugly, and the Bills will set the NFL record for consecutive 28-point wins.

Jagoffs - 13

Beews - 51  

Past Winners

Week 1 - @JaCrispy

Week 2 - @Gary Marangi

Week 3 - @Nelius

Week 4 - @SoonerBillsFan

I’m think I’m close with my 27-23 prediction 👍

• Angry 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.