Brandon Beane…..you have to bring in a Corner.

Beast

1 minute ago, MPT said:

Yeah I love what Benford has shown. Did he come back in the game after his injury? I haven't seen any updates on him.

Yeah, he looked just fine in a couple series after Tre went out.

Won't likely be playing a real physical brand of football the next couple weeks though, I'm guessing.

3 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

At this point, I'll wait and see how Elam plays out.

im talking next season anyway, but white having two major injuries requires us to draft another corner plus elam has been on the bench all year.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Yeah, he looked just fine in a couple series after Tre went out.

Won't likely be playing a real physical brand of football the next couple weeks though, I'm guessing.

Well as long as he's not out for the season again that's good news. He's been balling out when on the field.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

im talking next season anyway, but white having too major injuries requires us to draft another corner plus elam has been on the bench all year.

I got that. If it's his achilles as expected, I would expect to draft one as well. But as depth,  not a replacement for White or Elam. I'm expecting Elam to fill in for White and to do very well.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Beast said:

Elam will be in the lineup but they obviously aren’t enthralled with him.

Miller is coming back.

That leaves us with a possible DE and draft picks to deal.

This Bills team is for real but Beane needs to bring someone in that can keep the quality of play up in the defensive backfield.

I agree for the sake of depth. It doesn't have to be a front line player that requires major assets going out the door. In fact, with our DL I'm still comfortable with Benford, Elam, and Jackson. But if one of those guys go down long term? Woof

44 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Completely disagree with the OP. We were fine last year without Tre. We went 13-3 with him being a shell of himself. He really hasn’t been all pro Tre since before his acl injury. These guys are experienced. Let it play out. 

Tre has been pretty close to his old form so far this season. Why people think he has lost it completely is beyond me. It took him a little bit to get back to form but he was pretty much back

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Tre has been pretty close to his old form so far this season. Why people think he has lost it completely is beyond me. It took him a little bit to get back to form but he was pretty much back

The difference from before is we didn’t have depth, not to mention another first rounder to step in. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

No. We have good depth at the CB position. Don't screw with the dline depth.

we have 4 starting calibre CBs even with Tre going down, thanks to McBeanes drafting and coaching prowess.  We are good.   

Put Tre on IR and up comes Von Miller, pretty fair trade in the NFL world of today, I'd say

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

wonder if we could get Levi Wallace  back from Pgh?  

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Most likely see them bring up Ja'Marcus Ingram from the practice squad.   They have Benford, Jackson and Elam.   I am not sure who they would trade for right now.  Do you try and bring Levi Wallace back from Pittsburgh?

ha.  yes!   well, I think so.  

Edited by RyanC883

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Elam gets his shot.  Ingram up from the practice squad.  Onward.

Yep. Here are the future Roster moves 

Tre to IR 

von Miller activated from PUP

Dane Starts. 
Elam Active 1st BU

Ingram elevated on Game Days 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Elam will be in the lineup but they obviously aren’t enthralled with him.

Miller is coming back.

That leaves us with a possible DE and draft picks to deal.

This Bills team is for real but Beane needs to bring someone in that can keep the quality of play up in the defensive backfield.

I can't help but read stuff like this and SMH.  Who exactly that would be a sure improvement do you feel is actually available?  Do you think the Jets are going to trade us Sauce Gardner or something?

The Bills may sign someone, but they had an oversupply problem at CB going into the season   Because of being able to keep Von Miller on PUP and stash a LB on IR, they kept 7 CB (11 DB) where they would normally keep 9 or 10.

They may decide to just stay at 6 CB (10 DB) and bring back Miller.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep. Here are the future Roster moves 

Tre to IR 

von Miller activated from PUP

Dane Starts. 
Elam Active 1st BU

Ingram elevated on Game Days 

The first part is fine.  Ingram is not going to be routinely elevated unless someone is dinged.

And I think it's possible they put Elam over Jackson to pair with Benford.  We'll see.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm okay with trusting the process assuming things with Elam don't get extremely weird and he does suit up. Was there any post game confirmation or are we all just kind of assuming it's his turn?

Even with Elam it's scary thin. I'm okay with the internal guys, but man, we can't afford to lose a single one, so I'm not opposed to trying to bring somebody in. No idea who though, and I don't know if it's desperation time yet to try and deal a dlineman. 

7 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Completely disagree with the OP. We were fine last year without Tre. We went 13-3 with him being a shell of himself. He really hasn’t been all pro Tre since before his acl injury. These guys are experienced. Let it play out. 

I agree with all of this, except that Tre hadn’t been back to his old self. He was pretty incredible so far this year. He was playing great again today. Just devastating that he won’t have the opportunity to keep it up.

With the strength of the D-line, and how fast they are getting to the QB, the CB's the Bills have on the roster should be sufficient, barring any further injuries. 

It really sucks for Tre, but I have confidence in Dane and Benford to hold down the starting CB spots......next man up mentality.

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

And I think it's possible they put Elam over Jackson to pair with Benford.  We'll see.

In a way I kind of agree, or maybe I just WANT to agree, that Elam is a weapon in waiting who just hasn't suited up on gamedays because he doesn't offer much on Special Teams. Now that there's a major CB injury, however, Elam is next man up due to positional need. And of course his skillset is so different from Benford's, so one could imagine them complimenting each other. Or...not, given the throbbing glare of four consecutive healthy scratches to open his second season.

Even if we stay in-house and elevate internally from PS (Ingram/Brown) they still will likely bring in another body to slot into the practice squad. I would expect them to add a more established CB by the deadline because you can't operate under the assumption that no one else will be hurt in the secondary.

My guess (and hope) is that Elam gets the start moving forward with Benford. 

I think the staff loves having Jackson as a depth piece.. a guy who is a solid starter when called upon. 

Benford and Elam have traits though.  

Benford, size and physicality.  

Elam, speed and twitch.  

That being said.. I could see them starting Jackson in London, given the unique circumstances and an opposing offense that can take shots down the field.    However, I think sooner, rather than later, they bet on upside and give Elam a chance to win it on the field. 

Edited by SCBills

7 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Tre will be missed. Love him. Been playing great but I agree and I think Hyde is even more important 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.