What will we be saying at around 4 pm on Sunday?

eball

3 hours ago, eball said:

I was literally and figuratively shocked at how Josh fell apart in the 2nd half Monday night.  It was completely unexpected, and I’m trying to wrap my head around whether Josh “gets it” that he needs to keep himself focused and on script when playing top defenses.  He says all the right things but he has to show it on the field.

I’m going to predict right now that Josh has a huge bounce-back game.  No turnovers and something like 70% completion rate.  I also think the ground game is going to show up big time.

What say you all?

image.gif.01c1f07d8f945740cb096425b4a453be.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

I'll be saying I'm out of beer on sunday at 4pm. Time to bust out the bourbon.

(This will be said win or lose)

You either need to buy more beer in advance - or running out of beer is your excuse to bust out the bourbon. 

Either way, I endorse your plan for Sunday!

Go Bills. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

"Should we tank for Caleb Williams?"

"Was Brittany the real reason for Josh's success?"

"Time to tear it down and start again?"

"We need to fire McD and hire Jim Harbaugh"

"Did anyone else see Diggs spitting in Josh's Gatorade during the 4th quarter?"

"Hear me out: Josh Allen is no longer a top 10 QB. Thoughts?"

"Allen [Vague Title]"

• Haha (+1) 1

On to Washington 

43 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

"Should we tank for Caleb Williams?"

"Was Brittany the real reason for Josh's success?"

"Time to tear it down and start again?"

"We need to fire McD and hire Jim Harbaugh"

"Did anyone else see Diggs spitting in Josh's Gatorade during the 4th quarter?"

"Hear me out: Josh Allen is no longer a top 10 QB. Thoughts?"

"Allen [Vague Title]"

I definitely can see all of these threads being a real thing in the coming weeks. 

9 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Unfortunately I agree with this. Aside from a game or two, Josh has not been ‘himself’ since the middle of last season. He has been a complete turnover machine, and seems to get visibly rattled. It’s like he gets the yips. 

I blame Dorsey very much as well. I think he’s absolutely awful and I have zero confidence in his ability to 1) call a great game against a great team, and 2) be an Allen-whisperer when he needs it most. 

I expect we win on Sunday… but something tells me we’re all going to want to be throwing things at our tv on a few occasions. 

I have no issue with Dorsey's play calling. He gave Josh options on Monday and, if he'd have taken them, it would have been an easy win for the Bills. It was much the same last year.

My greater concern is the way things are communicated with Josh, and how he has helped through Sugar High moments. Certainly there seems to be a lack of presence on the sidelines.

As for Sunday, I think Josh is going to go two ways - either force it again to prove he can do it, which may or may not pay off but in reality won't be any different to the Jets game, or go ultra conservative and defensive to protect the ball which again may or may not pay off, but won't be 'him'. 

• Like (+1) 1

During the McDermott era, the Bills have generally dominated inferior opponents at home. The Raiders are an inferior opponent, the Bills will win in dominating fashion.  The vast majority of people, including me, will be enjoying the win on Sunday.  This will be the first win of 11 of 13 regular season wins. 

During the following week, there will be discussions comparing and contrasting the week 1 loss and the week 2 win, trying to parse out what are the "Real Bills".  After 1000 threads and 100k posts during the regular season related to that discussion, it will still remain to be seen in the post season who the "Real Bills" are.  

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

I have no issue with Dorsey's play calling. He gave Josh options on Monday and, if he'd have taken them, it would have been an easy win for the Bills. It was much the same last year.

My greater concern is the way things are communicated with Josh, and how he has helped through Sugar High moments. Certainly there seems to be a lack of presence on the sidelines.

As for Sunday, I think Josh is going to go two ways - either force it again to prove he can do it, which may or may not pay off but in reality won't be any different to the Jets game, or go ultra conservative and defensive to protect the ball which again may or may not pay off, but won't be 'him'. 

I agree with this for the most part. There are definitely open receivers that Josh ignores at times.

Maybe it's play design or the players don't understand where they're supposed to go but there's been a lot of times since Dorsey got here where the receivers end up at the same place on the field bringing their coverage with them and taking both receivers out of the play.  I've also noticed more miscommunications. Not that we didn't have some under Daboll(falcons game) but they seem to happen more often under Dorsey.

There's only been one game this year and I didn't really pay attention to it but last year the reads were wonky and had Allen jumping all over the field. The routes didn't really mesh very well either(maybe that's why there's receivers in same area so much). 

It's also way too obvious when we're gonna run. Tbh a lot of his plays are easy to call out pre snap. We made a game out of it on Mon. We were calling out the routes or what kind of run it was gonna be on most plays and we were right. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

13 hours ago, eball said:

I was literally and figuratively shocked at how Josh fell apart in the 2nd half Monday night.  It was completely unexpected, and I’m trying to wrap my head around whether Josh “gets it” that he needs to keep himself focused and on script when playing top defenses.  He says all the right things but he has to show it on the field.

I’m going to predict right now that Josh has a huge bounce-back game.  No turnovers and something like 70% completion rate.  I also think the ground game is going to show up big time.

What say you all?

I suspect you are right, and People will say we are good again,

If Josh even plays remotely mediocre against this raiders team - I’m going to be a little disappointed

but I’m feeling he puts up one of those 3 Luis days with 4 total tds

ill be thinking “well maybe the Kets defense is just THAT good!?

21 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I agree with this for the most part. There are definitely open receivers that Josh ignores at times.

Maybe it's play design or the players don't understand where they're supposed to go but there's been a lot of times since Dorsey got here where the receivers end up at the same place on the field bringing their coverage with them and taking both receivers out of the play.  I've also noticed more miscommunications. Not that we didn't have some under Daboll(falcons game) but they seem to happen more often under Dorsey.

There's only been one game this year and I didn't really pay attention to it but last year the reads were wonky and had Allen jumping all over the field. The routes didn't really mesh very well either(maybe that's why there's receivers in same area so much). 

It's also way too obvious when we're gonna run. Tbh a lot of his plays are easy to call out pre snap. We made a game out of it on Mon. We were calling out the routes or what kind of run it was gonna be on most plays and we were right. 

I’m a Josh Allen homer but cmon - Josh went off script for no reason and was rightfully blasted for it!  Josh sucked becuase of joshes decisions 

follow kens game plan - he beats a top 3 defense 

enough with this yeah Josh sis play bad but Dorsey….. enough 

The same things we've seen for over a year now:

1. Why does Gabe Davis have to play 95% of snaps?

2. Terrell Bernard is too small. 

3. There is no vertical speed on this team. 

4. McDermott got his two veteran running backs with size and we don't use either one of them. 

5. Ill-timed runs that make you react like this: 🤷‍♂️

6. Spencer Brown on skates. 

7. Why are the corners playing 12 yards off on 3rd-6? 

8. Slant to Stefon Diggs for a quick 8 yards and we never see it again

9. Kaiir Elam inactive again 

10. Ed Oliver invisible again 

28 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The same things we've seen for over a year now:

1. Why does Gabe Davis have to play 95% of snaps? Because there isn't a receiver better than him to take his place

2. Terrell Bernard is too small. 

3. There is no vertical speed on this team. You JUST complained about Gabe Davis, who is a quality deep threat. Also, Deonte Harty?

4. McDermott got his two veteran running backs with size and we don't use either one of them. 

5. Ill-timed runs that make you react like this: 🤷‍♂️

6. Spencer Brown on skates. 

7. Why are the corners playing 12 yards off on 3rd-6? How often did that happen last week?

8. Slant to Stefon Diggs for a quick 8 yards and we never see it again

9. Kaiir Elam inactive again 

10. Ed Oliver invisible again You mean the guy who led the team in QB pressures in week 1?

As for my own prediction:

The Bills will win the game, but it won't be the easy, runaway, blowout victory that some are hoping for to ease everyone's pain. 

I predict that Maxx Crosby is going to so badly eat Spencer Brown's lunch that it's going to lead to some stalled drives, sacks, and a boneheaded Josh Allen decision or two. 

Overall, as has happened a fair amount since the middle of last season, the win will look labored and difficult for the Bills. I won't believe this team is still capable of regularly blowing inferior opponents out until I start seeing it again.

Edited by Logic

1 hour ago, Drew21PA said:

If Josh even plays remotely mediocre against this raiders team - I’m going to be a little disappointed

but I’m feeling he puts up one of those 3 Luis days with 4 total tds

ill be thinking “well maybe the Kets defense is just THAT good!?

I’m a Josh Allen homer but cmon - Josh went off script for no reason and was rightfully blasted for it!  Josh sucked becuase of joshes decisions 

follow kens game plan - he beats a top 3 defense 

enough with this yeah Josh sis play bad but Dorsey….. enough 

Wtf. Why cant people comprehend that more than one thing can be wrong at the same time and why do they have to make s*** up. I said I agreed with what was said for the most part and provided reasons why it wasn't a complete agreement.  Where did I say Josh wasn't an issue? Josh was a problem but Dorsey wasn't perfect either. 

"Enough" lmao. Why because you said so? How about no. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.