Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

Just now, Process said:

Beane has been chasing RBs for 5 years. I will never understand it. Sigh.

Stop. He has been chasing for RB's in mid rounds where your roll of the dice for players that deep is missing a few high digits. When has Bean gone early for a RB? This might be the year. 

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Stop. He has been chasing for RB's in mid rounds where your roll of the dice for players that deep is missing a few high digits. When has Bean gone early for a RB? This might be the year. 

2nd round last year on a guy he no more than drafted and said wasn’t a starter. That’s a high pick no matter how you want to shake it.  He’s drafted a RB in the first 3 rounds in 3 out of the 4 years he’s been here.  That’s chasing something.  Not only that but he’s signed and traded for them too.

13 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Uhhh 2nd and 3rd round picks are early for a RB. It should be very easy to find a good RB on day 2. We have spent 3 day 2 picks on RBs in four years and never had an above average or every down player. That's almost impossible. It's hard to comprehend how someone can be so bad at evaluating and handling the position. 

Traded for Hines. Tried to sign the guy from Washington. Rumored to have wanted to trade up for Etienne. 

This needs to end. It's insanity.

• Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Took him out before the pro day to try and fatten him up so he runs a slower 40

With their fifth round pick the Buffalo Bills select Bijan who ran a shocking 5.8 second 40 on his pro day after reportedly eating 72 ounce steak and 3 baked potatoes the night before.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Well, when you spend a 2nd round on a running back and he averages 5.7 yards per carry as a rookie, then you get dominated in the playoffs due to lackluster line play and non-existent WR production...you've just GOT to draft a 1st round RB the next year, right? Got to!

All kidding and snarkiness aside, Robinson is an elite prospect and I'd love to have him, but I doubt he'll be on the board when the Bills pick anyway, and trading up for a running back is NOT an option.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

Breece Hall and a 2nd Rd CB?

OR

Elam/James Cook?

You have the opportunity to take a clearly elite talent with a late 1st in one of the only pure plug-n-play positions in pro football, into an elite offense that needed RB to WIN A SB.

That is when you spend a 1 on the biggest "sure thing" RB since Saquan came up.

We opted for a CB we never played 

Doubtful we get a shot at Bijan 

Edited by filthymcnasty08
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Uhhh 2nd and 3rd round picks are early for a RB. It should be very easy to find a good RB on day 2. We have spent 3 day 2 picks on RBs in four years and never had an above average or every down player. That's almost impossible. It's hard to comprehend how someone can be so bad at evaluating and handling the position. 

Traded for Hines. Tried to sign the guy from Washington. Rumored to have wanted to trade up for Etienne. 

You don't stop looking for an RB if you're not set at the position - that would be insane.  They're going to make a move, they pretty much have to- either FA or the draft.

As for the prior draft choices, those are sunk costs.  That's the past, glad the FO is forward looking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I’d personally love to see Josh run or throw on every snap, every time 17 hands the ball off it’s a win for the opposing team.

It would be nice if that reality were a lot less predictable by handing it off to a monster.

Anything offense in rounds 1-3 is where I’m at.

3 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

You don't stop looking for an RB if you're not set at the position - that would be insane.  They're going to make a move, they pretty much have to- either FA or the draft.

As for the prior draft choices, those are sunk costs.  That's the past, glad the FO is forward looking.

What’s insane is continuously investing into the RB position while trotting out a mediocre OL.

Spending two 3rd rounders, a 2nd and possibly now a 1st on RBs when this team has Josh Allen is dumb. Fixing the OL and get help at WR should be the priority.

Dorsey has shown he struggled to find a role for Cook and Hines and now we want to add another guy to the room to be mishandled? 

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, Process said:

really? didnt 2 RB were drafted by the time we drafted last year? or the prior?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What’s insane is continuously investing into the RB position while trotting out a mediocre OL.

Spending two 3rd rounders, a 2nd and possibly now a 1st on RBs when this team has Josh Allen is dumb. Fixing the OL and get help at WR should be the priority.

Dorsey has shown he struggled to find a role for Cook and Hines and now we want to add another guy to the room to be mishandled? 

Everyone here is hoping they invest in the OL.  And most are on board with WR help (as am I).  Doesn't mean you ignore the RB room.

Just because Dorsey (and Josh) struggled with Hines and Cook doesn't mean that getting a Thunder (R Johnson) would be mishandled.   As a 4th rounder complement to the lightning of Cook (and Hines if he takes a reduced salary) there could be good value there.

• Like (+1) 1

Pass 50 times and run 11. Why the hell would you invest a high pick in a RB when Dorsey is calling an offense like that? In bad weather no less. If anything use high picks on receivers if you are going to pass 90% of the time. Use the first 3 picks on recievers 

35 minutes ago, Process said:

I guess what I call early and others call early is different... When I think of early I think of Round one maybe early round 2.  If you consider round 2 early then fine.  I think if a top 2 RB is good to go round 1 we draft him. Cook needs competition for the #1 job no matter where and when we get it.

58 minutes ago, Process said:

Beane has been chasing RBs for 5 years. I will never understand it. Sigh.

Robinson is a little different.

If he dropped to 27, I think we'd almost have to take him.  We could shore up the line in the next few rounds.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Don’t be surprised if Johnson is the real target…👍

But it can't be.  People in this thread already have Beane trading up for Bijan.

Johnson seems the type of guy they need.  If he can be there in middle of Day 3, I could go for it.

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Everyone here is hoping they invest in the OL.  And most are on board with WR help (as am I).  Doesn't mean you ignore the RB room.

Just because Dorsey (and Josh) struggled with Hines and Cook doesn't mean that getting a Thunder (R Johnson) would be mishandled.   As a 4th rounder complement to the lightning of Cook (and Hines if he takes a reduced salary) there could be good value there.

It’s not about ignoring RB, it’s about prioritizing our biggest needs. If you feel the need to draft a RB in the 1st round a year after drafting a RB in the 2nd then it’s just bad asset management. Especially when it’s been shown time and time again that you can get quality production out of the RB position without constantly using day 2 picks on them. 

RB is turning into DL where Beane just throws a ton of resources into the position and still has little to show for it.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Could’ve had a premiere RB twice, but chose to stay the course and draft Epenesa and Elam

I’m only ok with taking Bijan if the Bills get a 1B in a trade. After watching the playoffs the last few years, we can’t keep relying on Diggs alone. I like Bijan, but without a good oline, I’m not sure it will matter that much. I was hoping we would take Hall and use this year on oline and WRs, but alas that didn’t happen. I wanted Hall and Woolen and we’d be in great shape this year if that were to have happened. 

If we draft Bijan, I want a trade for Hopkins to materialize. 

• Agree 1

I'm in the camp that OL comes 1st and since we need multiple OL to actually build a real one I am NOT in on a 1st rd RB

Now  if we can procur another 1st rd pick some how then I can warm up to the idea of drafting RB at pick 1B.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I agree.   I am generally not a fan of taking a runningback in the 1st round but picking that late, and the type of talent Robinson has, it lines up pretty well.

If he's there, he's the pick. That means the top OL/WR are gone. I would have absolutely no problem with Bijan considering the 27th pick is like a 2nd rounder. Then draft OL (Avila) @ 59. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Nothing against the guy, but I feel you should spend 1st round picks on positions that cost a fortune, RB is not that. 

I'm 50/50 on it. You're right, but on the other hand, RB is a position where a guy can step in and immediately make a big impact.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Don’t be surprised if Johnson is the real target…👍

NFL Draft Profile:

Power back with bruising frame who fits the football cliche of “tough, smart and dependable.” Johnson isn’t overly creative and lacks the juice to hit quick-closing NFL holes. He needs it blocked up so he can get downhill and uncork his power on the second level. While his lack of suddenness makes him somewhat limited as a runner, he will be better at stuffing blitzers than many of the No. 3 backs currently in the league. Johnson might be fighting off competition every year in camp, but his toughness and four-phase special teams value could give him an advantage.

Certainly sounds like what McBeane would be looking for in a HB3. Goal line, blocking, and ST. 

• Agree 2

I think this is the year we see what Cook can really do.  I think he can be special.  Why spend a 1st that relegates Cook to the bench?  I hope Robinson is gone before Beane selects to remove the temptation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

13 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

NFL Draft Profile:

Power back with bruising frame who fits the football cliche of “tough, smart and dependable.” Johnson isn’t overly creative and lacks the juice to hit quick-closing NFL holes. He needs it blocked up so he can get downhill and uncork his power on the second level. While his lack of suddenness makes him somewhat limited as a runner, he will be better at stuffing blitzers than many of the No. 3 backs currently in the league. Johnson might be fighting off competition every year in camp, but his toughness and four-phase special teams value could give him an advantage.

Certainly sounds like what McBeane would be looking for in a HB3. Goal line, blocking, and ST. 

He’d be a decent get in the fifth. Poor man’s Dont’a Foreman. Would like Foreman a lot but he will get paid about the same as Singletary.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

2nd rd is mid to you? Casual lol

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

With their fifth round pick the Buffalo Bills select Bijan who ran a shocking 5.8 second 40 on his pro day after reportedly eating 72 ounce steak and 3 baked potatoes the night before.

Ate a whole 72 oz'er, those are free down in Texas. RALPH IS STILL CHEAPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.