Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

7 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

No, no, and no.

There is no justifying taking a RB in this draft, when the glaring needs on offense are clearly WR2 and the OL.  Drafting another RB when we drafted a very capable one in the second round last year, who made clear progress this season and will be even better next season with some better blocking in front of him, would be a complete waste of a pick.

Well it's what they need for the presentation of Allen. They passed on Hall when he was mocked to them. Now they mock this guy to them. So no matter what you do you need to fill the position or watch your qb wear down again. Cook's proven incapable of that. Not saying it has to be by draft, but has to be addressed. Doubt there's any suckers but Bills fans that'd give anything for him by trade.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

One can more easily find an elite WR in the 2nd rd than an elite RB. As far as OL go that can be solved in various ways, through the draft, FA, trade etc etc. I’m over trying to make these 3rd rd RBs into stars, it hasn’t worked. It’s like what the old cliche says, you get what you pay for. Josh is never gonna last, just look at this last game, we got destroyed because Josh wasn’t wearing a Superman cape.

Cook was a 2nd round pick, who showed good progression all year the more playing time he got.  To throw another high pick at a RB, when the glaring needs on this offense are WR2 and OL is not wise.  The line gets better, Cook also gets better.  It doesn't matter who you're putting in the backfield if the blocking isn't there.  Any RB that's back there is being setup to fail without decent blocking.

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Cook was a 2nd round pick, who showed good progression all year the more playing time he got.  To throw another high pick at a RB, when the glaring needs on this offense are WR2 and OL is not wise.  The line gets better, Cook also gets better.  It doesn't matter who you're putting in the backfield if the blocking isn't there.  Any RB that's back there is being setup to fail without decent blocking.

Put down that dr pepper. You lost your mind.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Well it's what they need for the presentation of Allen. They passed on Hall when he was mocked to them. Now they mock this guy to them. So no matter what you do you need to fill the position or watch your qb wear down again. Cook's proven incapable of that. Not saying it has to be by draft, but has to be addressed. Doubt there's any suckers but Bills fans that'd give anything for him by trade.

Cook's proven incapable of what?  The guy has shown steady progression all year once he finally started getting some playing time.

See what's going on with Diggs right now?  None of that changes unless we get someone who can legit take some attention away from him on the other side.  WR2 and the O-line is the highest priority unless you like seeing Diggs blanketed, Davis dropping balls, Josh running for his life, and a lack of openings for our backs.

2 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Put down that dr pepper. You lost your mind.

You never had one apparently.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Cook's proven incapable of what?  The guy has shown steady progression all year once he finally started getting some playing time.

See what's going on with Diggs right now?  None of that changes unless we get someone who can legit take some attention away from him on the other side.  WR2 and the O-line is the highest priority unless you like seeing Diggs blanketed, Davis dropping balls, Josh running for his life, and a lack of openings for our backs.

You never had one apparently.

That wonderful progression to garbage in January, so bad people think a dome is the answer. The position requires zero seasoning. Hall produced from jump street on a lesser team. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

That wonderful progression to garbage in January, so bad people think a dome is the answer. The position requires zero seasoning. Hall produced from jump street on a lesser team. 

If you haven't noticed, we don't run the ball much, so trying to compare us to a different team is literally apples and oranges.  To waste high draft capital on that again this year, when the glaring needs are the line and a legit target opposite Diggs is insane.

It's incredible that there's people whose big takeaway from the drubbing we just took is that we need to draft a RB.

Edited by Billz4ever

3 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Would you rather have Breece Hall and a 2nd Rd. corner

OR

Elam/Cook?  

Cook - 1/3rd of snaps in our biggest game of the year

Elam - hardly played but showed promise

Breece Hall, before the injury, was OROY

We have been finessing RB for far too long.   

I’d rather have neither of these scenarios but alas this is what we ended up with.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

If you haven't noticed, we don't run the ball much, so trying to compare us to a different team is literally apples and oranges.  To waste high draft capital on that again this year, when the glaring needs are the line and a legit target opposite Diggs is insane.

It's incredible that there's people whose big takeaway from the drubbing we just took is that we need to draft a RB.

That's just it. We are gonna run a lot more with the right guy on the roster.

• Agree 1

Just now, 1onemangang7 said:

No we won't because that's not Dorsey's style.

Are you bros with Dorsey and he told you this in private?  Have you ever watched a Dorsey presser?  He's always asked about running the ball and he thinks they are running the correct amount.

Read.  I didn't day it had to be draft. He's already made himself look bad. I think it's gonna happen one way or another or there will be mgmt change. I'll be the same worn down qb and he will get blamed for his turnovers when it's all on him.

Just now, Billz4ever said:

No we won't because that's not Dorsey's style.

Are you bros with Dorsey and he told you this in private?  Have you ever watched a Dorsey presser?  He's always asked about running the ball and he thinks they are running the correct amount.

Yeah you sound sane.

2 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Read.  I didn't day it had to be draft. He's already made himself look bad. I think it's gonna happen one way or another or there will be mgmt change. I'll be the same worn down qb and he will get blamed for his turnovers when it's all on him.

Yeah you sound sane.

You're sounding like you don't even watch this team.

Every down. Never a presser. Does it matter? If he don't change it then someone will. It's obvious. The bigger problem is you supporting it. Let em know.

Good luck with your obsession with running backs and thinking that's the glaring issue with this offense.  

I have a feeling you're not going to be happy with this offseason.

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Good luck with your obsession with running backs and thinking that's the glaring issue with this offense.  

I have a feeling you're not going to be happy with this offseason.

Good luck with your obsession with Cook. You won't be happy watching your qb wear out til injury or shortened career. But you'll be happy I guess they tried the same approach and it continually failed, that is exactly insanity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Good luck with your obsession with Cook. You won't be happy watching your qb wear out til injury or shortened career. But you'll be happy I guess they tried the same approach and it continually failed, that is exactly insanity.

I don't have an obsession with Cook and I'm also not so ignorant as to call him a bust like you did.

Edited by Billz4ever

Rb's like him are a dime a dozen.  You spent a 2 on him. Guess our definition of bust isn't the same.

OK, fella.  Enjoy. 

I'm done with the annual "we need a new RB" discussion that happens at the end of every season.

Be sure to let me know when that happens.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

OK, fella.  Enjoy. 

I'm done with the annual "we need a new RB" discussion that happens at the end of every season.

Be sure to let me know when that happens.

Annual. Not just because knowledgeable Bills fans see it. Cause knowledge football types everywhere see it and mock it accordingly.  Try watching the game more intelligently if it's gonna be your hobby. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.