Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So what do you do with the RB that you used a 2nd round pick on and is averaging 5.7 yards per carry?     Give them the same split Cook has with Singletary?   Take the ball out of the hands of your QB to average about 2-3 yards less per play than throwing it at a 7.6 yards per attempt clip?

For guys like Jeremiah it's just a thoughtless pick.

The Bills have a franchise QB who has taken a beating the past two seasons but the answer isn't to run the ball more.   It's block better and give him more receivers who win matchups so he can go back to being that guy he was in 2020 who was making huge plays in the passing game while also completing nearly 70% of his passes and looked like he had 15 elite years in front of him.

I will tell you exactly what it is for people like DJ because I have had the same with running backs in the past when mocking.... you work out "someone is going to take this guy round 1" and then you get to late 20s and you don't have him coming off the board.... so then you are looking for any team that doesn't have a true #1 back. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

And only one WR picked late in the round. Sheesh. Not a great WR class, according to that.

I don't think it is a great receiver class. Indeed the more I look at it the less I like it. It is one of those "there will be a good player or two here but it could be any one of about 8" receiver groups.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think it is a great receiver class. Indeed the more I look at it the less I like it. It is one of those "there will be a good player or two here but it could be any one of about 8" receiver groups.

Maybe that just means the Bills end up with a great WR at the end of the 1st round. That'd be nice.

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Maybe that just means the Bills end up with a great WR at the end of the 1st round. That'd be nice.

I think that is possible. But it will probably involve a bit of risk. There will be "safer" choices on the board I suspect but the pay off on getting the right receiver on a 5 year rookie deal is considerable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

When I watch Josh Allen play, I can't help but compare him to John Elway. The cannon arm, the mobility, the size, the improvisational skills. Elway, like Josh, was that dude!! Denver initially tried to surround Elway with all kinds of receiver help trying to win the title. There was the "three amigos". They added a HOF TE in Shannon Sharpe. Still the trophy alluded them. Enter Terrell Davis. The do-it-all RB. Yeah, he was a late round selection but he was the piece that got them over the hump with his skills. Bijan possesses those same skills. Stop over analyzing the draft process and get Josh that piece to help win the chip

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why didn't Marino win a SB? How did Elway finally win a SB? Two of the better passers in NFL history. It's about winning a SB, isn't it? 

As I said.........too many people here still living in the 20th century.    What about this century?   The few star RB's who have been key cogs on teams that won SB's were traded or signed in UFA after disappointing at previous destinations.    They were value acquisitions.    And there weren't even many of them,  especially in the past decade.  Teams that draft RB's in round 1 don't win SB's with those players.   It's too much of an investment for the least individually important,  most teammate-reliant performer on offense. 

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

When I watch Josh Allen play, I can't help but compare him to John Elway. The cannon arm, the mobility, the size, the improvisational skills. Elway, like Josh, was that dude!! Denver initially tried to surround Elway with all kinds of receiver help trying to win the title. There was the "three amigos". They added a HOF TE in Shannon Sharpe. Still the trophy alluded them. Enter Terrell Davis. The do-it-all RB. Yeah, he was a late round selection but he was the piece that got them over the hump with his skills. Bijan possesses those same skills. Stop over analyzing the draft process and get Josh that piece to help win the chip

But the league is nothing like it was in the mid 90s. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well, he's currently a fashionable pick for the Bills among a number of mock drafters.  Many like him and a few suggest he's the best RB prospect to come out in a while.  He could drop because he is a RB and RBs are not highly valued as first round picks.  Ultimately it depends on how the first round plays out.  Buffalo does have greater needs.  Offensive line has been noted by posts in this thread, but as I see the first round it's not likely there will be a solid value on the offensive line available in the last 5 picks of the first round.  There may be a solid value at safety available in that spot, but it's not a sure thing.  Depending on what happens with Jordan Poyer's contract situation and free agency there could be a real need there.  Buffalo could upgrade at WR, and there may be some value there late in round 1.  I know it's cliche but Buffalo will probably go for best player available.  There is at least a chance Robinson would be available and would be the BPA.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/20/2023 at 6:47 AM, John from Riverside said:

I was shocked that they took a running back in the second round as it is

Wide receiver, or office of lineman, please

Who would the WR or OL be?  As much as I would love a great WR prospect to pair with Diggs, I don’t think there will be one there unless they reach for a lesser outside prospect or are willing to draft a slot receiver in round 1.  This is reportedly a weak WR draft class, though I really like Josh Downs, Zay Flowers and kind of like Parker Washington as slot options.  Would have to take Downs in the first as he will be long gone before late 2nd.  I don’t think Flowers will make it to late 2nd either, but Washington might.

in terms of outside WR in late first, I don’t really see one, unless you like Rashee Rice.

7 hours ago, Sgt. Ski said:

Thats my boy. Will be a hall of famer.

Very unlikely.

The only potential HOF RB's drafted in the past 15 years are Derrick Henry and Marshawn Lynch...........but despite having a number of very good seasons the truth is their counting numbers don't stack up with the greats at this point so they aren't locks by any stretch.

Recent retirees Frank Gore and Adrian Peterson from the 2005 and 2007 drafts will be inducted in the coming years.........but the bar is high for RB's.........10K rushing yards and a SB ring isn't a lock........and the individuals at the position aren't very important anymore so wouldn't expect to see many(if any) drafted for the next 15 years either.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Very unlikely.

The only potential HOF RB's drafted in the past 15 years are Derrick Henry and Marshawn Lynch...........but despite having a number of very good seasons the truth is their counting numbers don't stack up with the greats at this point so they aren't locks by any stretch.

Recent retirees Frank Gore and Adrian Peterson from the 2005 and 2007 drafts will be inducted in the coming years.........but the bar is high for RB's.........10K rushing yards and a SB ring isn't a lock........and the individuals at the position aren't very important anymore so wouldn't expect to see many(if any) drafted for the next 15 years either.

Only because of the 5 year shelf life most RBs are destined to play. I still think there's an outside chance CMC gets there. Especially if he has a SB win on his resume

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.