Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

3 hours ago, julian said:

I’d personally love to see Josh run or throw on every snap, every time 17 hands the ball off it’s a win for the opposing team.

It would be nice if that reality were a lot less predictable by handing it off to a monster.

Anything offense in rounds 1-3 is where I’m at.

this is major hyperbole and is just not true! 2020 run we had beasley, he was our 'run game'.  we havent had that in 2 years, and we had no traditional run game either. nobody is asking for 30 carries a game, but to pretend a complete inability to run the ball has in any way/shape/form has been good for the team is patently false.

a respectable run game will not only balance the offense and keep the d honest.  it gives josh better audible options at the line.  im not in love w/ rb in 1st as a whole, but if we make proper moves in FA, take him and commit to  an OL heavy draft 2nd and beyond, id be cool ending this run game search. was anti breece last year, but hindsight he wouldve done a lot for the team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Everyone here is hoping they invest in the OL.  And most are on board with WR help (as am I).  Doesn't mean you ignore the RB room.

Just because Dorsey (and Josh) struggled with Hines and Cook doesn't mean that getting a Thunder (R Johnson) would be mishandled.   As a 4th rounder complement to the lightning of Cook (and Hines if he takes a reduced salary) there could be good value there.

a non-finesse guy like cook takes scheming to use. not saying dorsey wont improve but would be nice for him to have one dimension of the offense be a straight forward, hand in the dirt power running element. thats the "play action" that sets up a lightning runner like cook as a side benefit

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

It’s not about ignoring RB, it’s about prioritizing our biggest needs. If you feel the need to draft a RB in the 1st round a year after drafting a RB in the 2nd then it’s just bad asset management. Especially when it’s been shown time and time again that you can get quality production out of the RB position without constantly using day 2 picks on them. 

RB is turning into DL where Beane just throws a ton of resources into the position and still has little to show for it.

You can't be seriously whining about the DL.  They kept at it because it is hugely important position.  The FO finally came up with an excellent group.  The DL tinkering/improvement was a large part of the Bills being listed as Superbowl favorites.  Injuries took their toll, but when healthy that DL group was rivaling the best the Bills have ever had.  Smart FO's put resources into the DL.

Where do you think the Bills rank in money allocated to the RB group last season?  Bottom 10 probably.  And for next season if they go with Cook/restructured Hines/4th rounder R Johnson/ and a waited out, last remaining chair type, veteran FA RB.  Once again bottom 10.  That would not be a ton of resources into the RB position - actually quite the contrary.

2 hours ago, Magox said:

There are some really intriguing RB and TE candidates to be had in the 3rd round and below.

Izzy is super fast, good size and fantastic production and he’s only 20 years old.

Pacheco 2.0?  Don’t know where’s he’s projected, but looks like an animal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

this is major hyperbole and is just not true! 2020 run we had beasley, he was our 'run game'.  we havent had that in 2 years, and we had no traditional run game either. nobody is asking for 30 carries a game, but to pretend a complete inability to run the ball has in any way/shape/form has been good for the team is patently false.

a respectable run game will not only balance the offense and keep the d honest.  it gives josh better audible options at the line.  im not in love w/ rb in 1st as a whole, but if we make proper moves in FA, take him and commit to  an OL heavy draft 2nd and beyond, id be cool ending this run game search. was anti breece last year, but hindsight he wouldve done a lot for the team

I think we agree, it’s always been a win for the opposition when Allen hands it off because the Bills haven’t had a stud RB or a great oline since Allen arrived.

I think Cook can be a special talent but only if they seriously address the oline, if they don’t then 17 remains the best option every snap IMHO.

5 hours ago, Magox said:

There are some really intriguing RB and TE candidates to be had in the 3rd round and below.

Izzy is super fast, good size and fantastic production and he’s only 20 years old.

WTF does this mean? thats a new one

Dominator - 46.5% college dom (97th pctile)

16 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If he's there, he's the pick. That means the top OL/WR are gone. I would have absolutely no problem with Bijan considering the 27th pick is like a 2nd rounder. Then draft OL (Avila) @ 59. 

I was just at Walter Football’s latest mock.  They have Robinson going to the Bears at now #9.

All the top wide receivers are gone, so they have the Bills taking DE Tuli Tuipulotu.

Buffalo Bills: Tuli Tuipulotu, DE, USC  
Buffalo's downfall last year began when Von Miller suffered a season-ending injury on Thanksgiving. More pass-rushing depth is needed. 

Tuli Tuipulotu used his explosion and twist to enjoy an incredible '22 season. 

Another mock where the creator doesn’t do much homework.

20 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

You can't be seriously whining about the DL.  They kept at it because it is hugely important position.  The FO finally came up with an excellent group.  The DL tinkering/improvement was a large part of the Bills being listed as Superbowl favorites.  Injuries took their toll, but when healthy that DL group was rivaling the best the Bills have ever had.  Smart FO's put resources into the DL.

Where do you think the Bills rank in money allocated to the RB group last season?  Bottom 10 probably.  And for next season if they go with Cook/restructured Hines/4th rounder R Johnson/ and a waited out, last remaining chair type, veteran FA RB.  Once again bottom 10.  That would not be a ton of resources into the RB position - actually quite the contrary.

You think that was me whining? That’s the reality of our situation. Beane has invested several day 1 and 2 draft picks on DL prospects. He’s also spent tens of millions of dollars on the DL over years.

As constructed, the ONLY player we have that can consistently get to the QB is Von and the only reason why Von is here is because we have whiffed on everyone else we’ve drafted and signed. I don’t have a problem with investing in the DL, the issue I have is the way in which we do it. Drafting a guy like Basham, who was unimpressive in college and didn’t really display any quality NFL traits, right after you draft a DE in the first is seriously questionable. 

It’s ignorant to argue that money is the only resource in the NFL. You don’t consider two 3rd round picks, a 2nd round pick, and now a 5th round pick to be resources? Or are you just pretending like draft picks don’t count because it goes against your narrative? If after 5 years you don’t have a RB that can reliably carry the ball 12-15 times a game after spending all those draft picks then that’s an objective failure. To draft a RB in the 1st would be questionable at best and moronic at worst.

• Eyeroll 1

100% Bijan is the best player in the board period if he is there at 27.  And it won’t be close, he will be the unquestioned BPA if he lasts to 27.  

But not to worry, he won’t sniff the 27th pick, and may not make it out of the top 10.  So I think it’s safe to say Bijan won’t be a Buffalo Bill.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Edge rusher is always a need for every team. It's the 2nd most important position behind QB. You could get a $20 million or more AAV player cost controlled for 5 years. Despite Bills fans only wanting offense in the 1st round, an edge rusher is always a good pick IF they turn into a very good player. And it is very much a possibility for us this year.

The mock drafters who "don't do their homework" are the ones who exclusively mock the most obvious needs to every team in the 1st round. That isn't how GMs operate. Beane has taken high upside players with elite physical traits at premium positions every single 1st round he's been in charge. That's likely to continue this year. He isn't going to reach for a WR just because the fans think that's the most immediate need.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

100% Bijan is the best player in the board period if he is there at 27.  And it won’t be close, he will be the unquestioned BPA if he lasts to 27.  

But not to worry, he won’t sniff the 27th pick, and may not make it out of the top 10.  So I think it’s safe to say Bijan won’t be a Buffalo Bill.  

I agree but like other drafts and early RB's.. one after another who do amazing things in this league.. meh... I guess one could still dream. If we moved up for him though, I think these boards would blow up lmao

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Edge rusher is always a need for every team. It's the 2nd most important position behind QB. You could get a $20 million or more AAV player cost controlled for 5 years. Despite Bills fans only wanting offense in the 1st round, an edge rusher is always a good pick IF they turn into a very good player. And it is very much a possibility for us this year.

The mock drafters who "don't do their homework" are the ones who exclusively mock the most obvious needs to every team in the 1st round. That isn't how GMs operate. Beane has taken high upside players with elite physical traits at premium positions every single 1st round he's been in charge. That's likely to continue this year. He isn't going to reach for a WR just because the fans think that's the most immediate need.

In principle one would have to agree seeing as the league is predominantly a passing one but there was a report alluding to the assignment of cap space and it appears the league values a QB’s #1 target as the second most important position on the team - financially.

Obtaining a top end prospect at a high priced position on a rookie friendly deal for 5 years wouldn’t be the worst thing for this FO to do. The best would be build the offensive line for Josh and procure depth and talent for defensive that will be cost effective assignments down the road (no need for financial splashes to resolve issues which have shown an average D can win and get you to the big dance). 

Wouldn’t hate anything that goes toward the O in the bigger picture but holding out next year for a WR would be awesome… Odunze from Washington and both Buckeyes; Marvin Harrison Jr. & Egbuka would be the icing on the cake. No way Marvin makes it out of top 10 and no way we pick there. Unless… 🤐

Edited by BBFL

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

You think that was me whining? That’s the reality of our situation. Beane has invested several day 1 and 2 draft picks on DL prospects. He’s also spent tens of millions of dollars on the DL over years.

As constructed, the ONLY player we have that can consistently get to the QB is Von and the only reason why Von is here is because we have whiffed on everyone else we’ve drafted and signed. I don’t have a problem with investing in the DL, the issue I have is the way in which we do it. Drafting a guy like Basham, who was unimpressive in college and didn’t really display any quality NFL traits, right after you draft a DE in the first is seriously questionable. 

It’s ignorant to argue that money is the only resource in the NFL. You don’t consider two 3rd round picks, a 2nd round pick, and now a 5th round pick to be resources? Or are you just pretending like draft picks don’t count because it goes against your narrative? If after 5 years you don’t have a RB that can reliably carry the ball 12-15 times a game after spending all those draft picks then that’s an objective failure. To draft a RB in the 1st would be questionable at best and moronic at worst.

I’m not so sure that this is a player/personnel issue, but rather a coaching issue. FWIW, Horrible Harry had a good year in Minnesota.

1 minute ago, ScorpionZero said:

If Bijon doesn't drop to us in 1st, which I doubt, then I'd like to see Israel Abanikanda in the 3rd-4th round. If not then Dewayne McBride in 5th-6th.

I think someone will buck the trend and pull the trigger on Bijan somewhere between picks 15-20

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I agree but like other drafts and early RB's.. one after another who do amazing things in this league.. meh... I guess one could still dream. If we moved up for him though, I think these boards would blow up lmao

Im not sure we can afford the draft assets to move up.  If we lose Poyer and Edmunds too, plus all the needs we have at OL and WR, hard to see Beane moving up this draft.  Feels more like a move down year if anything.  

Now if we traded a player like Davis or Oliver, then maybe we would go up for someone they covet if they get within an affordable range to do so.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m not so sure that this is a player/personnel issue, but rather a coaching issue. FWIW, Horrible Harry had a good year in Minnesota.

I didn’t watch the Vikings a lot but statistically Harry seemed to perform similar to his time here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Harry was fine here, when he was healthy, which was virtually never.  Once he was back on the field, he showed enough to get that larger contract. 

On 3/11/2023 at 6:09 AM, BobbyC81 said:

I was just at Walter Football’s latest mock.  They have Robinson going to the Bears at now #9.

All the top wide receivers are gone, so they have the Bills taking DE Tuli Tuipulotu.

Buffalo Bills: Tuli Tuipulotu, DE, USC  
Buffalo's downfall last year began when Von Miller suffered a season-ending injury on Thanksgiving. More pass-rushing depth is needed. 

Tuli Tuipulotu used his explosion and twist to enjoy an incredible '22 season. 

I stopped clicking Walter Football mocks years ago when they said a player was on Bills when in reality he had been cut weeks earlier. 

8 hours ago, Whkfc said:

Went through a lot of mocks this morning and Bruan Branch is a very popular pick for the Bills in the first with Poyer being gone.

In the unlikely event Branch drops to 27, the Bills should select him.  And I am an offense first guy. 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

In the unlikely event Branch drops to 27, the Bills should select him.  And I am an offense first guy. 

Yeah I agree. I don’t want him…. But I think he’d be a perfect fit and possibly BPA 

9 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Then Nyhimes is gone and we have one of the best backfields in the league. Yes please 

So we waste a draft pick trading for Hines, just to sign a FA RB AND draft one in the 1st round. 

Beane would deserve all the criticism at that point. 

• Like (+1) 1

Runningbacks would be solved for the next four years. And there will be injuries. Make Nines a special teamer and one of the best backups who can rotate in to spell. Use him in the slot. I don’t know.. they didn’t do anything with him on offense last year even though he was plug and play. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.