Troy Aikman wants your dresses off 🤣

Dablitzkrieg

8 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Good lord .. someone actually referenced menstrual cramps as a reason this comment was so horrible. We are genuinely in a very fragile state as a society.  Bottom line the call sucked

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I'm thinking you are part of the problem with that type of ineffectual response to such a clear affront to society.  At minimum, Aikman should be looking at a forced combination lobotomy/gender reassignment surgery.  

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

That was last week. This week there's too much protection. Can't wait to see what next week brings.

Feels like we are going to go back to everyone's favorite "in the grasp" rule.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'm thinking you are part of the problem with that type of ineffectual response to such a clear affront to society.  At minimum, Aikman should be looking at a forced combination lobotomy/gender reassignment surgery.  

funded by Skynet and Tyrell Corporation

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i know at some point i'm going to get very excited about a sack, only to find out it's a 15 yard penalty.  

you had me at the first half of this reply....

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL…

Social media gets upset about everything.

It’s people getting upset and using social media as a platform.  

I agree with Aikman’s point.  I don’t care that he said it in the manner he did.  Not surprised there are complaints though. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Player safety matters but it's gone too far. Defenders need to hit a quarterback. I think in the broadcast he said at least make the roughing the passer penalty reviewable... Something needs to be done to correct it. Or we can all agree to professional flag football.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Can you say this with no social backlash in 2022? 🤔

Yeah I was thinking the same. I mean women wear dresses* so he's saying women are weaker than men, so he needs to be fired, thrashed and left for dead.

*I am not implying women SHOULD wear dresses, or that men SHOULD NOT wear dresses, just that dresses are generally associated with women. I swear I am not gender stereotyping, I respect women, okay? Really I do. Jesus, you b*tches are so sensitive. Must be that 'time of the month' huh? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL…

Social media gets upset about everything.

I guess that’s why I stay away from social media. Completely. 

If that is going to be roughing the passer going forward, I’ll need to find some new ways to spend my time. I’ll watch my Bills, but not much more. They are ruining the game because the Dolphins cheated and china doll Tua got hurt. Twice. Take it out on them, not the rest of the league (and the fans). 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Aaaaaaaand this embodies EVERYTHING that is wrong with today's social climate. Not you Romes, just all of the comments in the link. A bunch of soft Nancy's, some who wear dresses and some who don't, all acting like it's their right to never be offended by anything that anyone could ever possibly say. "Omgerd, Troy is sexist, this is sexisms, this is chauvinisms, he should be cancelled, this is insensitive." 

man-shut-up-doughboy.gif

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

this to me is the same kind of off hand comment  like "put a skirt on him" meaning said player plays like a girl

as if that is some tragic dig PFFT  yeah whatever... bro humor doesnt faze me in the least.  Im not sure where all this faux outrage  is coming from . Women with brains can see it shoulnt be taken as a personal dig. But as is reality in 2022 Anything will be taken sideways in hopes of not offending Somebody.

as far as QB safety goes, It seems to me like the NFL is a swinging pendulum  loosening and tightening rules interpretations...same thing with pass interference and how they call or do Not call those.

That Aikmen is taking flack for his comment just means he thinks the rule needs more clarification-study- CONSENSUS on what is legal and what isn't.

And then there is the fact some  players get calls others wouldnt. I would think awareness and uproar will bring about that consensus moving forward on how unnecessary roughness / late hits are going to be called especially on the QB

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

I'm not understanding what is so bad about what he said.. Do girls or girls in dresses play NFL football?

Did you just assume the gender of the person wearing the dress???

I'm going to tell the internet. 

Marketing Automation Activecampaign GIF by Slick Business

• Haha (+1) 3

"Roughing the passer" should be direct strike to head/knees, late hit, or egregious/violent intent. 

Making "roughing the passer" reviewable would be as silly as challenging pass interference. Nor should officials have the option to use replay (targeting in college is more consequential). It would kill pace of play.

Most important change is getting rid of the "no driving into ground or falling on QB" stipulation. It's been the slippery slope.

5 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Vote with your feet. Not every place is populated by wild eye’d Karen’s and their beta purse holders. 

I thought "Karen's" were typical of women the social media types dislike ... ( white, middleclass, entitled)

I cant keep up...

• Like (+1) 1