How are we supposed to feel about this win??

PromoTheRobot

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Does it? They still got killed in pass pro all day

You don’t want them running the ball more?  It sure seems to help them gain confidence. The pass protection is non existent. I don’t recall in the past linemen just running thru the line like it wasn’t there. It’s quite dysfunctional. 

5-10 years ago it would have felt very good this win.  I still recall in 2012 the Bills losing to a 5-7 NFC opponent at home (the Rams) which ended the season.  That stung.

But you know rightfully so fans expectations are higher now.  So yeah the win feels good.  But the ultimate goal is higher.  

If the Bills play like they did today next week will they beat NE?  I'll leave that up to you to answer.  But to me that's what I'm looking for 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

You don’t want them running the ball more?  It sure seems to help them gain confidence. The pass protection is non existent. I don’t recall in the past linemen just running thru the line like it wasn’t there. It’s quite dysfunctional. 

We ran it 24 times tonight with Singletary, Brieda and McKenzie, some of that was at the end of the game running clock, so I would think that is about right. I'd be aiming for about 15-20 running back runs per game. Just enough to keep defenses honest but this team will love or die on Josh Allen's arm and so it should. 

• Like (+1) 4

It’s a win. When your team wins, the correct response is to be happy. The incorrect response is to not be happy. Wait until next week and be unhappy if they lose. It’s much healthier to be happy. I’m going to go with being happy.

20 minutes ago, LittleSammy said:

Let's take the win and move on. Need to figure out how to give Brown some help next week. You know Belichick was licking his chops watching him today.

Let’s hope that we don’t have to worry about seeing Brown next week at left tackle. Doyle even looked better in his few snaps. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Happy they won? Worried at the lack of confidence in the offensive play calling? Disturbed by the ease they moved the ball on us? Upset by the lack of discipline penalties? What does this game tell us about the rest of the season?

Come on fellow Granite Stater…..feel 👍 

56 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Happy they won? Worried at the lack of confidence in the offensive play calling? Disturbed by the ease they moved the ball on us? Upset by the lack of discipline penalties? What does this game tell us about the rest of the season?

Feel good Promo.  We won.  We had  4 OL positions with different players in them, including 2 starters out of the game.  We played a strong defense.  That accounted for most of the penalties and sacks.  

Our defense was fine. We aren’t going to stop every drive, that is not realistic 

The Pats* have vulnerabilities too.  Worry next week if they are not healthier and better. 

47 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Feels good to me! Even better that Tennessee lost and N.E. Lost! Now pulling for the packers to take down the Ravens! 
big week next week for sure! 

I feel better about the NE and TEN losses than today’s win against one of the worse teams in the NFL. 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

This CAR that people want to praise so much gave up 29, 33 and 27 the past three weeks to ATL, MIA and WFT. Don’t give me that it was impressive what we did. 
I am happy and take the win. But our O is so clearly out of sync. Even when Josh has teams his mind thinks he has guys all around him. The run game has some life but I don’t get why we insist on delayed handoffs. Don’t get the lack of slants. Allen is only completing line 90% of them yet we through only a couple a game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Who cares how we are supposed to feel?  I am not for mindless conformity. 

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

They moved the ball with ease against us???  What

At times they did especially the 1st half. If they had a kicker you’d think they would’ve kicked 3 FGs. That would also have taken away Bills possessions. The D looked hood at times but still inconsistent especially if you consider who was playing QB. 

Confidence.  That’s a good word.  Josh had none today.

We should have been up 34 at halftime.

Crowd was into the game big time.  Josh had a bad game.  Not so sure it was a bad offensive line, as it was mire he played hurried even when he had tine.  Poor decisions also.

Defense played well…enough.  Let them stay in the game too long.  Feeling was lack of film on cam TBH.  

A win is a win.

• Dislike 1

What lack of confidence?  It’s an offense with a QB that’s playing behind 2 shaky Tackles against two solid edge rushers.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.