How are we supposed to feel about this win??

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I still feel ehhh and like I can’t trust them. They can change my mind if we go into NE and win.  

I still don't trust this team. I think they are good enough to get by the bad teams but can't hang with the better teams. I just can't bring myself seeing this team beating the Pats or making the playoffs.

• Shocked 1
  • Dislike 1

Considering that the Bills only scored 6 points against the 1-6 Jacksonville Jaguars who fielded the 30th ranked defense at the time...I'm happy the Bills won! 

I'm also happy New England lost to the Colts this weekend.

I'll be elated should the Bills beat the Patriots IN New England next weekend. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Happy they won? Worried at the lack of confidence in the offensive play calling? Disturbed by the ease they moved the ball on us? Upset by the lack of discipline penalties? What does this game tell us about the rest of the season?

Yes there were hiccups, but bro, we controlled the game the whole time and won 31-14.

This season has not gone how any of us thought or hoped.   Through the first 10 games of last year I think they had one double digit win.  For decades this team mostly only won very close games or lost.  Now we are gonna B word a about a 17 point win looks. You can choose to be optimistic or pessimistic even while being realistic.  No need to jump enjoy the ride!

Be thankful they have a chance to take control of the division next week.  Have fun looking forward to a huge game and root for your team.   Marry Christmas!

the way Im reading the OP ...what I THINK he is asking we fanbase..the win today...how Much does it pump u up regarding the teams chances moving forward...

After todays win are you confident again in playoffs? The numerical equation / chances of we going regardless, The temperature of the fanbase? I would say its good  I dont think anybody is doing cartwheels though *shrug** more work to do.  winning is salve and all that matters.

Edited by muppy

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Happy they won? Worried at the lack of confidence in the offensive play calling? Disturbed by the ease they moved the ball on us? Upset by the lack of discipline penalties? What does this game tell us about the rest of the season?

I dont think the Panthers moved the ball that easily.

What was wrong with the play calling?? I thought it was good especially  with Singletary moving the ball.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

What was wrong with the play calling?? I thought it was good especially  with Singletary moving the ball.

1st down: PA to the seam that Carolina began reading with regularity while Daboll continued calling it well into the 4th

2nd down: Trap into a loaded box

3rd down: No route combos, no max protect; just throw some spaghetti at the wall and hope Josh Allen makes a play for you

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

You should feel exactly like you did coming in to the game. We're still the same frustrating team that has some talent but lacks toughness and consistency. 

If you're expecting the Bills to suddenly morph back into a SB contender then you might be disappointed. If you've adjusted your expectations to just hoping we can make the playoffs and maybe steal a round in the right match up then today shouldn't change that. 

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

1st down: PA to the seam that Carolina began reading with regularity while Daboll continued calling it well into the 4th

2nd down: Trap into a loaded box

3rd down: No route combos, no max protect; just throw some spaghetti at the wall and hope Josh Allen makes a play for you

I thought we moved the ball well overall and Singletary getting involved seemed like improvements to me, guess im not analyzing every play call.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1

Good thing I waited a while before stating similar and starting a thread that would be maligned and denigrated.  

The offense as I've said many a times is off.  Diggs 4 catches 35 yards, Beasley invisible.....  OL pass protection shoddy at best.

This was at home vs. Carolina and the Bills looked anything but crisp.

But a win is a win and no one I expect thinks they had a dominant performance (vs. those crowing about the Miami & NYJ games earlier).

Maybe a good thing????😜

At this point, we are who we are. We didn't play our best, but it was enough to beat a lesser team. Still time to hope that it will all start to click and we can make a run. 

I'm more inclined to think we have a better chance of getting the runs... We'll see

4 hours ago, gflande1 said:

I honestly don’t know how to feel about this game. I’m extremely happy they won of course, but I hoped for a more dominate performance. I wanted them to continue their progress from last weeks great half of football. They showed they can be dominate, I did not see that today.

I felt the O was the biggest problem, Allen was off, but the play calling was vanilla. How much motion did we see? It felt like they called the same 7 plays over and over. Maybe that’s the injuries? I hope so. That performance does not beat the Pats. 

Another ho hum win over a bad team.

Edit: I am extremely happy to see Obada’s performance. Dude is a beast. 

Great post. I agree with your assessment. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Good thing I waited a while before stating similar and starting a thread that would be maligned and denigrated.  

The offense as I've said many a times is off.  Diggs 4 catches 35 yards, Beasley invisible.....  OL pass protection shoddy at best.

This was at home vs. Carolina and the Bills looked anything but crisp.

But a win is a win and no one I expect thinks they had a dominant performance (vs. those crowing about the Miami & NYJ games earlier).

Maybe a good thing????😜

The line isnt going to suddenly improve, we just have to live with it this year

4 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

How I feel is that they won a game they should have won and things that I would like see improved didn't get improved

Mostly coaching but I'll hold out hope they will realize there mistakes and they will learn 

I didn't think the coaching was bad. The Bills used Davis more, brought back McKenzie, and ran Motor more even outside the tackles. Defensively, played Obada, Rosseau and Hughes even showed up. 

Edited by newcam2012

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I didn't think the coaching was bad. The Bills used Davis more, brought back McKenzie, and ran Motor more even outside the tackles. Defensively, played Obada, Rosseau and Hughes even showed up. 

Love that we saw McKenzie on offense again. Think it helped open up some running lanes.

When I put down coaching its mostly in game situations

Time outs on defense on what seem like random downs, lack of aggression against or giving a lessor team way too much respect

I would love to see the bills offense when they get to mid field use all 4 downs, if its 3rd and 7, make sure allen and the offense know if you get 3 to 5 yards youre going for it. How many times was it 3rd and 9 between the 40s and every wr is running 15 yard routes. Get the gimme yards and go for it, especially against a team like Carolina

Same thing defensively, against a team with no QB. Blitz force them to make a decision, make a bad QB beat you.

At the end of the game the bills got the ball back around mid field, they proceeded to hand the ball off on first and second down. The bills and coaches were completely content punting it back to Carolina. Go for the throat, you have Josh Allen

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Love that we saw McKenzie on offense again. Think it helped open up some running lanes.

When I put down coaching its mostly in game situations

Time outs on defense on what seem like random downs, lack of aggression against or giving a lessor team way too much respect

I would love to see the bills offense when they get to mid field use all 4 downs, if its 3rd and 7, make sure allen and the offense know if you get 3 to 5 yards youre going for it. How many times was it 3rd and 9 between the 40s and every wr is running 15 yard routes. Get the gimme yards and go for it, especially against a team like Carolina

Same thing defensively, against a team with no QB. Blitz force them to make a decision, make a bad QB beat you.

At the end of the game the bills got the ball back around mid field, they proceeded to hand the ball off on first and second down. The bills and coaches were completely content punting it back to Carolina. Go for the throat, you have Josh Allen

I hear you and don't disagree under ideal conditions. The Bills offensive line weaknesses prevent or hinder Allen to " go for the throat."  (Especially today with the injuries.) Instead, we are often seeing opposing defenses going for Allen's throat...

Defensively, the Bills have trouble generating a consistent pass rush from their front four. Additionally, they have issues stopping a credible rushing attack. These two key issues limit what Fraizer can do. Additionally, the Bills are not as strong in the secondary without Tre. Thus, you see Frazier playing a lot of nickel defense. Kind bend but don't break defense. Not pretty but overall it's pretty effective. 

Coaching certainly hasn't been stellar this year. There is plenty of blame to go around. As a fan, it's always easy to blame the coaches. I've been more critical of Daboll. The last two games I think he has made some positive changes that produced scores and a better offense. However, the weak Oline often rears its ugly face. 

I've been a little down on Coach McD. I am a big fan of his. I love his style, grit, attitude, and love for Buffalo. He fits right into the "Buffalo mold." With that said, it seems like he hasn't had the team ready to play on a few occasions. The game plans and halftime adjustments seem to lack some punch. I remember talking to my brother last year and raving about the Bills halftime adjustments. Today, they got the ball at half and promptly went 3 and out. 

The Bills have a great opportunity in Foxboro. A win can definitely give the Bills confidence to steam roll ahead. Look out...

Edited by newcam2012

I dont really understand how this board can continue to critique the talent and skill this team has. There is little to no discernible reason for it.

If we win, it was a "should have won anyway, and I don't like that we didn't put up 50 and allow 0." 

If we lose, "it was a terrible unforgivable loss, the team is soft, fire mcdermott, is allen the answer?"

Either way, its just a pessimist way to look at the team, and in the end, its way less fun than discussing the teams issues in a more positive frame.

Yes we aren't a perfect team, and yes we didn't come away with some wins in close games. But we have hung in with every single one of the top contenders.

But to sit here and continue to denigrate the team is just foolish. All for the "told you so" at the end of the year if the Bills don't win a Super Bowl.

Makes me wonder what the Bucs forum is like right now after getting shut out by the Saints. 

Edited by What a Tuel

49 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I dont really understand how this board can continue to critique the talent and skill this team has. There is little to no discernible reason for it.

If we win, it was a "should have won anyway, and I don't like that we didn't put up 50 and allow 0." 

If we lose, "it was a terrible unforgivable loss, the team is soft, fire mcdermott, is allen the answer?"

Either way, its just a pessimist way to look at the team, and in the end, its way less fun than discussing the teams issues in a more positive frame.

Yes we aren't a perfect team, and yes we didn't come away with some wins in close games. But we have hung in with every single one of the top contenders.

But to sit here and continue to denigrate the team is just foolish. All for the "told you so" at the end of the year if the Bills don't win a Super Bowl.

Makes me wonder what the Bucs forum is like right now after getting shut out by the Saints. 

The team is 8-6 and in 2nd place in the division. Fighting for their playoff lives. Is that what you a expected from this team when the season started? Imho, the criticism is warranted even if its not fun. If they win out then the team deserves accolades for gutting out a division title and going into the playoffs hot. I think most here had high hopes about winning a super bowl this season. Thus far, that seems to be a very tall order. The Bills weaknesses are in the trenches and its hard to win vs quality teams.  I don't think it's unfair to say that. Sorry if it doesn't feel good or isn't fun. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.