Have you lost Confidence in the Bills ?

HOUSE

4 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

I thought about it. So far Mc Dermott made playoffs 2of 3 seasons. But there one and done. It reminds Bengals coach Hugh Jackson if I remember correctly he had 0-6 in playoffs but clinched playoffs spot regularly. Bengals were not satisfied and fired him . And stayed without playoffs. Would you keep McD?

nope.  never settle for mediocracy.  I believe Jackson’s termination also coincided with players getting old/injured. 

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I thought if Josh took that next step the Bills could be a great team and contend. Josh has taken that step up but the defense has regressed significantly. It works out to being a good team but not a great one. I fully expect this team to win 10-11 games and possibly win a playoff game. 

I haven't lost much faith in the process but this team will need to retain its offense and draft up the defense some more. 

this is the most frustrating part.  the offense finally puts it together and the D spends a ton on the DL, only to watch the new guys totally stink it up, and your 3rd year 1st round MLB significantly regress. 

I have no problem being honest here.  After the Pats game I was livid.  I even posted that that was the most upset I'd ever been after a Bills victory.  But then several posters pointed out that facts, that we finally beat a team that's owned us for the past 20 years, that regardless of the Pats record, they are still a division rival, plus the fact that they had lost 3 straight, were basically playing for their season, and we were going to get their best.  And even though it took Lady Luck smiling on us and putting us on the winning side of a play that historically went against us, the bottom line is we still WON, and that was the only thing that truly mattered.  

So I said all that to say, I don't think my confidence in the team is shaken, but I call a spade a spade, and this is a team with some serious defensive shortcomings.  And until they are addressed, I don't believe we are a legitimate SB contender.  I do believe we have a solid team, and that in the playoffs anything can happen, but I think we'd be a longshot to make it to the AFC championship or the SB...

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

i am sure you will find another drought after that one to harp on "realistic".

Yup I’m sure I will Limeaid.

2/3 years in the Playoffs, 0-2 so far, but 6-2 this season, I thought one Playoff win would make sense as progression for the team. 

Apparently not though. Apparently there is no bar of any expectation for the team. 

Just forever be in a state of “building”. 

Have you lost Confidence in the Bills ?

I definitely have to some degree.  After the first 4 games I really thought we were a Top 5 team in the NFL.  I no longer feel that way and think we are barely a Top 10 team right now.  This can change.  We need the defense and special teams to pick up their play. I laugh at the people who just say we are 6-2 so of course we're fine.  Since the 4-0 start, we got pushed around badly in 2 straight games by Tennessee and Kansas City.  Then we had to make a late comeback against the Jets.  After that we squeaked by an undermanned New England team.  Yes we are 6-2 , but we are a very controversial pass interference call and fumble by Cam Newton away from being 4-4.  I'm hoping the defense just needed time to get their game back to close to last season form.  If that happens, this team can beat anyone.

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Despite win, Buffalo Bills fans lose confidence following Week 8

Buffalo Bills fans have been through highs and lows, for sure, but I didn’t expect their faith to be shaken after a win. Such is the strange psyche of Bills fans. After coming in at 92% fan confidence last week, this week only 89% of Bills fans said they were confident in the direction of the team.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/11/7/21553943/despite-win-buffalo-bills-fans-lose-confidence-following-week-8

Are they sure that High Football IQ or BillsMafi$ didn't both vote multiple times in that poll.

• Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

As Donald Rumsfeld once said you go into battle with the army you have, not the army you wish you had. To that end, the 2020 Bills aren’t a finished product. Their window is open. It’s a process & we must continue improving on both sides of the ball. 

It takes a special kind of football fan to work Donald Rumsfeld in to a thread.

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

Haven’t lost confidence, I’ve accepted the fact that we’re a 2nd tier team, not ready for the big boys. Things can change with wins over Seattle, Pitt and Miami(not elite but a hot team) to push them into tier 1.

A win against the  Seahawks and a 7-2 record will definitely put us BACK in the conversation as a contender to win the AFC 

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Despite win, Buffalo Bills fans lose confidence following Week 8

Buffalo Bills fans have been through highs and lows, for sure, but I didn’t expect their faith to be shaken after a win. Such is the strange psyche of Bills fans. After coming in at 92% fan confidence last week, this week only 89% of Bills fans said they were confident in the direction of the team.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/11/7/21553943/despite-win-buffalo-bills-fans-lose-confidence-following-week-8

"Only" 89%? Are we losing touch with the fact that 89% is extremely high?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

I thought about it. So far Mc Dermott made playoffs 2of 3 seasons. But there one and done. It reminds Bengals coach Hugh Jackson if I remember correctly he had 0-6 in playoffs but clinched playoffs spot regularly. Bengals were not satisfied and fired him . And stayed without playoffs. Would you keep McD?

Hue Jackson has been a head coach two full years and parts of two more. The first was the 2011 Raiders, where he helmed for eight games.

Then two and a half with the Browns where reaching the playoffs was a distant crazy dream for this term, winning three games in two and a half years.

I'm not sure who you were thinking of. Did you mean Marvin Lewis? He was 0-7 in the playoffs, I believe, but that was over 16 seasons as heac coach. There's no comparison with Lewis or with Jackson.

Edited by Thurman#1

5 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yup I’m sure I will Limeaid.

2/3 years in the Playoffs, 0-2 so far, but 6-2 this season, I thought one Playoff win would make sense as progression for the team. 

Apparently not though. Apparently there is no bar of any expectation for the team. 

Just forever be in a state of “building”. 

Quick reminder, despite a ton of crucial injuries, we're 6-2 halfway through the season. The progression you speak of is absolutely happening.

Edited by Thurman#1

Coming into this year I was mainly focused on Josh Allen's development and still am.  If you can get a guy like Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson then you'll be able to compete each year for ten years or so.  Sometimes you'll be a fringe playoff team and other times you'll be a legitimate Super Bowl contender.  I don't think this team has the talent on defense to win anything more than a home playoff game this year, but I like what I've seen out of Josh Allen when he's given weapons.  Man I hope he continues to improve.  Going into each offseason trying to address areas of weaknesses is much easier when you have a franchise QB.  Ask Belichick.

• Like (+1) 1

I've lost a degree of confidence in this offense to be competitive against good teams. 

The defense isn't good, but they do enough in a lot of games to keep us in it (or save the day like last week). After September, the offense looks like it did last year, except with more talent.

Yes.

if we upset Seattle that is a big step and it could right the ship (from the CURRENT team that can’t score 30 in a month on offense and from a defense that would have problems stopping Jessica Tandy), but they have to win.

I love this team and I want them to be great.  They are not.

I expect the 6-2 “they are what their record says they are” to turn into “they are” 9-7 by the end of the season which may or may not win the division.

IF they win the division they will be one and done.

I hate that this is the way I feel, but the thing is this is not panic...because this is the the team that I think it is.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

16 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Marvin Lewis, and no they didn't fire him. He left with no new contract.

A little history 

NFL scores are normally high in September and early October. 

Defensive schemes have enough film by then to plan a defense based on these 4, 5 or 6 games. 

Sure some teams are still racking up points. 

BUT against which teams? 

Offensive points or Defensive points. Miami’s points cam mostly off of turnovers and shore fields. 

I expected a drop off because historically this is what happens. 

The Bills have a 6-2 record and have yet to find their stride. Most teams dream of that, winning games while not having put it all together.

You win championships by playing your best ball in December, not October/early Nov. Get healthy and the Bills have a shot at righting the ship heading into the playoffs.