A Troubling Trend

Wizard

I know we are 4-0, so this is a win worth celebrating.

However, the Bills have a troubling trend of not closing out games, playing to "not lose," and not going for the knockout blow on either defense or offense.

Again, we are a good team, but the Bill's farted  away the last 7 minutes with no urgency or commitment to go for the juggler.

Should have won 37-16 and played too the whistle.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Wizard said:

However, the Bills have a troubling trend of not closing out games, playing to "not lose," and not going for the knockout blow on either defense or offense.

Again, we are a good team, but the Bill's farted  away the last 7 minutes with no urgency or commitment to go for the juggler.

This is wrong. The Bills played to run out the clock. Guess what happened. The clock ran out. Mission accomplished.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wizard said:

I would argue that going for the knockout blow today actually let the Raiders back in the game.  

• Like (+1) 4

Allen had a great game and I am absolutely over the moon about how he is throwing the ball this season and the great catches from the receivers... 

But...

You cant take that sack when they were on the verge of going up three scores and icing the game..

They got away with it today... wouldnt want to see them do it too often though..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

It’s league wide though. Goes hand in hand with bad defense. 
Browns were killing Dallas today. Pressure non stop.Until the 4th quarter.  Yet Dallas creeped back in. 

It’s a trend for a lot of teams. This season is not normal. Leave the virus stuff out of it. 
Defenses are off their games, refs are allowing more stuff to be uncalled, seems to be less emphasis on run games across the league, it’s just a weird start. 

Edited by Rc2catch

8 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Go away.  Turn you hands towards your face and shoot lightning into your brain wizard 

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 3

Before the Raiders final TD, the defense had locked it down pretty well, because the previous four drives were punt, fumble, punt, fumble. Defenses around the league are out of sorts right now, just seems to be taking a bit more time than usual to find a groove. Hopefully this performance gives the defense some confidence and they can keep it up going forward. I wonder if McDermott took over play calling or at least had some direct orders for Frazier.

Also, they can go ahead and call Zo now. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s league wide though. Goes hand in hand with bad defense. 
Browns were killing Dallas today. Pressure non stop.Until the 4th quarter.  Yet Dallas creeped back in. 

It’s a trend for a lot of teams. This season is not normal. Leave the virus stuff out of it. 
Defenses are off their games, refs are allowing more stuff to be uncalled, seems to be less emphasis on run games across the league, it’s just a weird start. 

Not having the 12th man I think might be playing a small part in a very competitive 4 game start to the NFL season IMO.

Leads seem a little tougher to hold for much of the NFL this season IMO. 

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Not having the 12th man I think might be playing a small part in a very competitive 4 game start to the NFL season IMO.

Leads seem a little tougher to hold for much of the NFL this season IMO. 

Yeah that’s why I’m not as concerned. 
Lot of strong defensive teams aren’t looking good just like us. Last season defenses were dominating the first few weeks. Pats and ravens were pitching ridiculous defensive numbers