Raiders fired HC Josh McDaniels and GM Dave Ziegler.

Process

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Well deserved. McDaniels showed everyone who he was in Denver. Mark Davis should’ve believed him. 

And just in case anyone thought Denver was a “rookie mistake” - first he took over as OC in St Louis and helped a 7-9 team go 2-14 and a 2nd year QB who had shown rookie flashes to play terribly (the following year, the team went 7-8-1 and the QB looked competent again).  Then, there’s how he treated Indy.

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. And yes, you’re right, Mark Davis should have believed him.

• Agree 7

1 hour ago, Process said:

Mark Davis, or whoever he hired to post press releases, does not know how to use a shift key.

image.thumb.png.c8dee3a337111ae08e7c56852a882e69.png

When I was working on road supporting military I'd be on bases where soldiers did not know when not to use shift key but they worked on systems which only allowed capital letters.  What is Raiders excuse?  If they did it earlier maybe interim GM could have traded Jimmy Garoppolo to New England for some used sports equipment.

• Haha (+1) 2

The decision to voluntarily get worse at Quarterback is only ever a good one if everyone in the building is on board with a tank or if it is to go to a young guy you have drafted and think you can develop. Otherwise it is always a ridiculous decision. 

McDaniels was done the moment he replaced Derek Carr with Jimmy G.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 10

I love this move!  Dude is not a good head coach.

Funny part is the Raiders hired Rich Bisaccia as interim prior to hiring McDaniels. Guy was loved by the team and did a decent job.  A lot of people thought he would be given a fair shot at the HC gig, but the Raiders did what the Raiders do.

• Like (+1) 2

He was given ample time to prove himself and failed miserably. After that four year deal I was afraid he'd become coach for life but it must have some team friendly language. Davis is not as dumb as he appears. Let's hope he doesn't reach into the Belichick tree for another Patriot schmuck. The football world should know by now that BB only hires numbskulls who won't challenge him. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The decision to voluntarily get worse at Quarterback is only ever a good one if everyone in the building is on board with a tank or if it is to go to a young guy you have drafted and think you can develop. Otherwise it is always a ridiculous decision. 

McDaniels was done the moment he replaced Derek Carr with Jimmy G.

Derek Carr is absolutely terrible. That is not the issue in LV. The coach was one of the biggest issues, that’s over now. I’m not saying the guy they replaced McDaniels with is any good, how can I know but McDaniels is clueless. The Raiders have some players and they wasted way too many years with Carr there. Jimmy G isn’t spectacular but he’s very solid. Let a coach that understands NFL protection and scheme get a hold of that team and they can be pretty good. They got a lot better today big picture wise.

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Derek Carr is absolutely terrible. That is not the issue in LV. The coach was one of the biggest issues, that’s over now. I’m not saying the guy they replaced McDaniels with is any good, how can I know but McDaniels is clueless. The Raiders have some players and they wasted way too many years with Carr there. Jimmy G isn’t spectacular but he’s very solid. Let a coach that understands NFL protection and scheme get a hold of that team and they can be pretty good. They got a lot better today big picture wise.

You are totally wrong. Carr >>> Jimmy G. Nobody is thinking Carr is a world beater but they replaced him with a less talented Quarterback. They voluntarily got worse at Quarterback without it being an attempt to groom a young guy or to lose. 

I agree McDaniels sucks. But they should now pull Jimmy G and try to lose. Because they are going absolutely nowhere with him. He is a bottom of the barrel NFL starter at this stage. 

1 hour ago, jlgarsh said:

Bisaccia. Heck of a coach to take over mid-season with all the controversy and help right the ship. Never understood him not getting the full time gig.

Yep. That is who they should have hired. Josh McDaniels was a baffling hire. Dysfunctional franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

3 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

It’s good gig to be a HC.  Josh gets paid for 4 years doing nothing if he chooses. 

But he was doing nothing as the coach Laugh Lol GIF by Pudgy Penguins

25 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Failed white retread.

I wish we could pin  comments like this in signatures, so everyone could block you

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 3

Just another “offensive genius” who’s career was made off of Tom Brady’s back. 

I don’t know how anyone looked at his time in Denver where he replaced Jay Cutler with Tim Tebow, dismantled a good team and said yeah I want to try that guy again. 

His first order of business was doing the exact same thing in Las Vegas replacing Carr with Jimmy. The 2nd that happened I would have said this guy learned nothing from his first stint.

Plus a lot of players think he’s an ass too probably doesn’t help 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Just another “offensive genius” who’s career was made off of Tom Brady’s back. 

I don’t know how anyone looked at his time in Denver where he replaced Jay Cutler with Tim Tebow, dismantled a good team and said yeah I want to try that guy again. 

His first order of business was doing the exact same thing in Las Vegas replacing Carr with Jimmy. The 2nd that happened I would have said this guy learned nothing from his first stint.

Plus a lot of players think he’s an ass too probably doesn’t help 

Not to mention what he did to the Colts. When people show who they are, believe them

I get not keeping the interim coach, you want a clean slate. But McDaniels was a horrible hire and they gave him a 6 year deal??? Why?

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

McDaniel is a horrible OC. Totally propped up by Brady. 

I don’t know he got the Pats to the playoffs with Mac Jones. That’s some sort of miracle right there.. 

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Patriots fans excited 

Nope! But he will be back, because he is cheap and will be BB personal assistant.. or some other dumb name.. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Raiders wont be any good until Mark Davis isnt the owner.   Why he decided to hire both the GM and the Coach from the Patriots when he had 20 years of evidence it doesnt work is beyond me.

Now the idiot has to pay McDaniels for the next 4 years when he already had a free cash flow problem.  

He has no idea how to run a football organization.  Not sure what will come first, his bankruptcy or a winning season.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.